PDA

View Full Version : Prince EXO3 Rebel Team? ..hmmmmm.....

klementine79
03-16-2009, 09:49 PM
Tried looking for info.... could find sparingly.

Any thoughts from those who have demo'd or hit with it?

Really looking for a less heavy racquet to help keep the tendons in my shoulder healthy.

Would definately throw a leather grip and OG on this one to get a little headlight balance.

klementine79
03-17-2009, 02:07 PM
Bumping it up.

Jim A
03-17-2009, 02:10 PM
what sort of info are you looking for, I'm going to hit with it this week.

informally the 95sq in feels a bit smaller then i had thought it would compared to the 97 Speedport Tour I have currently.

mdjenders
03-17-2009, 09:28 PM
i hated it. ball contact felt tinny, like the grommets were rattling all over. the frame is flexy and feels comfortable to swing in the air, but i had a hard time generating any kind of depth or spin. serving felt great, esp. on flat ones, and at net maneuverability was good, but "stick" on volleys was lacking. resipro grip is nice. i think i would like it better strung very loosely, but it was not an impressive demo.

SmAsH999
03-18-2009, 03:39 AM
i hated it. ball contact felt tinny, like the grommets were rattling all over. the frame is flexy and feels comfortable to swing in the air, but i had a hard time generating any kind of depth or spin. serving felt great, esp. on flat ones, and at net maneuverability was good, but "stick" on volleys was lacking. resipro grip is nice. i think i would like it better strung very loosely, but it was not an impressive demo.

agreed, you have to have a very specific, unique taste for this stick IMO.

Nellie
03-18-2009, 06:56 AM
I don't like the string hole grommet that come stock with the racquet - always tinny in any of the speedport racquets. I think they are really for the pros paid to play with speedports. I like the big ports - soft comfortable sweetspot. If you don't like the big speed ports, get Wilson Ktour.

klementine79
03-18-2009, 10:42 AM
Thanks for all the feedback. In fact, I just demo'd this stick at my indoor facility last night.

It was strung with the green prince multi at what seemed like mid tension. Stroked it for about half an hour.

I put a rubberband and a babolat custom damp with the silicone bit in the middle and guess what?...... IT STILL RATTLED AND BUZZED LIKE CRAZY.

I was looking for a comfortable light racquet with an adequate SW and an 18x20 pattern...... THIS WAS NOT IT.

The prince EXO3 rebel team was horrible from every spot on the court.... literally I cannot think of anything good to say about this racquet.. definately does not swing like a 320+ sw racquet. Serves=No kickers, cannot feel any feedback or momentum. Put the racquet down as use your hands. Returns=Just give the points to your opponent. Groundstrokes= better off with a frying pan. Slices/Volleys=You'll forget what it means and feels like to play tennis.

I much prefer a tweener racquet like the Wilson K-surge, which is less heavy and has a lower swingweight but feels a 100%more stable or the MG extreme, heck,even a $40 prince airO rival felt better than this one. For those looking for a 'lazy' racquet, to take a break from your 12.5+oz. beasts, don't look here.

This prince just feels like a hollow, tinny, arm destroying (because you have to literally arm the ball to get anything on it), piece of 'you know what'. THE BALL, ON CONTACT, FEELS 5LBS. HEAVY. I would not even recommend this frame to my 9y.o. sister. Seriously, her kblade junior racquet feels more stable than this thing.

Sorry to all who are selling this on TT and good luck... as my critique will not help you one bit. Just my honest opinion.

tlm
07-29-2012, 06:50 AM
I have demoed this racket and I really like it, after adding some weight to the handle it now weighs 11.2 ounces and is 6 points head light.

It is very flexible and can feel a little mushy, but I use poly at high tension so it works out good. I use a lot of top spin and this racket works great for that, it is a spin machine.

My regular racket is a asian blx 90 but i want to try something that is easier to swing and generate spin with. But i am very fussy about control and so far this is one of the few light 100 sq. inch rackets i have found that has great control.

I will agree it has a strange mushy feel with a lot of flex, but i cannot agree that it plays bad. For serves it is one of the better rackets I have demoed, and for hitting top spin groundies it is one great racket. Hits mega spin on the ball but does not launch the ball long like so many tweeners do.