PDA

View Full Version : To Virginia Part 2.

Paul Murphy
03-17-2009, 02:02 AM
Hi Virginia,

I see you are going to be in Sydney.

Unfortunately I live in Tasmania so I can't make it - a real shame.

Hope you have a great time - keep up the good work.

Cheers.

Virginia
03-18-2009, 12:27 AM
Ah, thanks again Paul Murphy. I think our little get together will be resticted to myself and Maxxply - who no doubt will try and sell me some more racquets. Don't tell him, but I'm actually planning to sell him some instead! :)

AndrewD
03-18-2009, 07:52 PM
Ah, thanks again Paul Murphy. I think our little get together will be resticted to myself and Maxxply - who no doubt will try and sell me some more racquets. Don't tell him, but I'm actually planning to sell him some instead! :)

Virginia,

Would it be impolite to ask what racquets you are looking to sell?

Virginia
03-18-2009, 08:01 PM
Well, I'm not really planning to sell anything - it's just that Maxxply wants his POG 90 back (that he sold me last year) and expressed some interest in a Profile (of which I have two). We'll be meeting in Sydney next week you see. :)

Knowing Maxxply, he will probably try and persuade me to do a trade, instead of a cash deal - an idea which I'm strenuously trying to resist! LOL

plasma
03-18-2009, 08:06 PM
My POG 4 stripe was my first girlfreind, why did I leave her? she was so giving, so deep, so rich!!! I played with hundreds of others but would give them all back for her, if only I had known...

tailofdog
03-18-2009, 09:04 PM
Well Virginia,
I am on the GOLD COAST and would be willing to trade a Carving Star for a Kenissl Lendl if you are interested?
Joe

plasma
03-19-2009, 06:48 AM
what's a carving star??? is it an 85??? how does it play???

Bud
03-19-2009, 06:57 AM
I'm waiting for the next part of the trilogy... "To Virginia Part 3" with bated breath :twisted:

MAXXply
03-19-2009, 12:00 PM
Well, I'm not really planning to sell anything - it's just that Maxxply wants his POG 90 back (that he sold me last year) and expressed some interest in a Profile (of which I have two). We'll be meeting in Sydney next week you see. :)

Knowing Maxxply, he will probably try and persuade me to do a trade, instead of a cash deal - an idea which I'm strenuously trying to resist! LOL

...Virginia, resistance will be futile if I'm able to obtain for you the coveted Kelly Evernden Signature Sfida 90...LOL:)

tailofdog
03-19-2009, 08:10 PM
CARVING STARS are found at www.neoxxline.com.
They are shaped like a Snauwaert Ergonom with a curved handle. The head is not as severe as the Ergonom and the curved handdle brings the ball in line with the head. It then contacts the ball with diagonal stringing. It plays well backhand slice, is amazing. There is a small adjustment to get everything down but nothing much. Its a German racquet. Some guys have won some masters events in Germany (2006 & 2008) So its quite playable. I have 3 . Two are 295 grm the 3rd i am adding weight to see how it plays. All racquets are 107 sq in

Virginia
03-20-2009, 12:29 AM
...Virginia, resistance will be futile if I'm able to obtain for you the coveted Kelly Evernden Signature Sfida 90...LOL:)
That racquet is certainly an attractive proposition - depending on the condition of course... but my resistance could well be weakening!

We can discuss this further by email - it's your turn to write (and let me know about the Profile etc). You'd better hurry, as I'm leaving in 5 days! :)

Virginia
03-20-2009, 12:35 AM
Well Virginia,
I am on the GOLD COAST and would be willing to trade a Carving Star for a Kenissl Lendl if you are interested?
Joe
Unfortunately I don't have a Kneissl - wish I did! The Carving Star certainly looks interesting, but I think the Ergonom is as far as I want to go down that track and even that I resisted for several months! LOL :)

Paul Murphy
03-20-2009, 01:25 AM
Bud: Very funny! Gotta love those Hollywood sequels! lol

tailofdog
03-20-2009, 02:56 PM
This Racquet actually plays very well. We can talk more on other trades. 2 guys won the German national masters in 2006 & 2008 On sale these racquets are 159 EURO. Unlike the Ergonom (WHICH IS UNPLAYABLE) These are a good racquet.
If you get the urge to come to the Coast ill pick you up at The Gold Coast Airport and we will have a hit with them. Also you would get to try the KEVLAR & GRAPHITE JENRO.
Just a thought JOE