PDA

View Full Version : anyone compare becker mid, rds002 tour

markwillplay
03-17-2009, 06:00 AM
was looking at the becker mid specs and it looks like it is flexable enough. Wonder about plow and control with this stick compared to rds oo2 tours (which are very stable). Difference in feel? I have read the becker threads so no need to point in that direction..more interested in a direct comparison if you have it..if not, nuff said.

jrod
03-17-2009, 06:10 AM
was looking at the becker mid specs and it looks like it is flexable enough. Wonder about plow and control with this stick compared to rds oo2 tours (which are very stable). Difference in feel? I have read the becker threads so no need to point in that direction..more interested in a direct comparison if you have it..if not, nuff said.

markwillplay - I've compared them in a demo playtest. The rds002 just didn't work for me. Felt somewhat stiff and a tad too powerful, leading to depth control issues (directional control was good). I found the Becker 11 mid much more to my liking. Better stability, control, feel and softer frame. Plow-through was superb.

markwillplay
03-17-2009, 07:23 AM
now that is interesting....what is the gripshape like? The specs of the stick look really good. I like the tour and don't have a problem with control but I do like a little smaller head. I found the tour to be elbow friendly with natural gut strings and to have pretty good feel...it the becker was better, I might very well bite on this frame. I can tolerate the yonex grip shape but prefer slightly less rectangle if I have a choice.