PDA

View Full Version : Volkl Catapult 4

bamboo
03-05-2005, 09:09 PM
I would appreciate any feedback you might have. I am a 40something 4.0 male player who took up the game five years ago, using a Dunlop Adrenalin Rush strung at mid-range (60lbs.) with Prince Duraflex 16. This November, after the Rush seemed to have gone "flat" after numerous restrings, I bought a Cat4 and strung it with the same string at mid-range(53 lbs.) I began to have wrist and elbow pain after about two weeks (the wrist pain came first, then the elbow and nothing about my technique or amount of time on court or balls used changed.) I got a POG oversize and started playing with it a week ago and there is no extra post-match pain and the residual wrist and elbow pain are almost gone.Has anyone else experienced pain after switching to a Cat4? I noticed one such post on the Volkl leave-feedback page under the original Cat4 on the racquets page. Thanks in advance.

Ronaldo
03-05-2005, 10:25 PM
IMHO it doesn't matter what anyone elses experience is with the CAT 4, only your pain. Sell it since you found a racquet that allows pain-free play. Btw, the CAT 4 is substantially longer than the Dunlop Adrenalin Rush, could contribute to the pain.

Steve Huff
03-05-2005, 10:34 PM
Agree with Ronaldo. I think the length of the racket has more to do with causing arm pain than its stiffness.

samoca
03-09-2005, 11:08 PM
I had elbow/shoulder pain with the Cat 4, even after I lead-weighted it to be more head light. I switched to a ProKennex 5g and the pain is gone--much heavier, head light, standard length racquet. It's a great racquet to play with too--I get much more depth on my shots. The Cat 4 is way too light and too long (for me).

twocents
03-10-2005, 09:42 AM
My wrist starting hurting me after using the Cat4 . I was told it was because of it's length too. I demoed/bought Prince Oversize Shark instead (even though it has an extended length). No wrist problems since. I play mostly 4.0 doubles and am around your age.