PDA

View Full Version : TW or others, RE: Counter Weighting

raftermania
03-05-2005, 08:57 PM
TW, Great article on customizing a racquet on the TW mainpage!

The article suggests to use hot glue / epoxy resin to fill the butt. I have a caulking gun downstairs that fires the weather stripping goo. Could I use this? I'm concerned this would add a non-negligible weight to my customization. I'm also unsure if it will adhere to the crevice of the handle adequately or not.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Steve Huff
03-05-2005, 09:38 PM
Weather stripping goo, if its meant to be water-proof, would be a little rubbery when it dried. I don't think that's all bad though. I've coated the inside of the handle of my older 5g's and it really dampens out the vibration. It does add some weight, but there are few rackets made today that couldn't benefit from a little weight in the handle.

Gaines Hillix
03-06-2005, 04:46 AM
I always pack the handle with cotton first to the depth I want the tape to be located, then put in some adhesive to hold the tape in place, then the tape/weights, then more cotton to fill up the rest of the handle. This keeps the amount of glue you need to use to a minimum and reduces the extra weight added.

raftermania
03-06-2005, 11:16 AM
Thanks guys, but I ended up getting a glue gun. I found one at the dollar store for only... a dollar

A great deal if you only intend on using the glue gun for one or two racquets.