PDA

View Full Version : Kblade 98 weight issues...

amiG
03-17-2009, 02:57 PM
I play with the kblade 98 as well and I added 3 grams of lead at 10 and at 2 then added a wilson leather grip to each of the racquets. I wasn't able to weigh then before my setup but now one is 11.75 ounces and the other 12.1. For the most part they play the same but I thought I could feel the difference in weight.

If I continue to add weight to the lighter one do you think it will significantly alter the feel of the racquet? If anyone has any ideas about potential problems or if your kblades weights are largely different what you did?

reesespiecestennis
03-17-2009, 03:10 PM
You probably will feel the difference. I'm pretty much staying away from wilson for the time being. They really make too many racquets and pay too much on advertising and their players that their quality just sucks. I mean if I have to pay 200 dollars for a racquet I better be darn satisfied with it.

That's why i'm looking at fischer right now because they are just better quality racquets. They don't really have the same coolness factor that the six one, prestige, and pure drives do, but you know you're getting the exact same frame every time. Also the fischer mpro 1 looks sick!