PDA

View Full Version : Tecnifibre TFight 325 VO2

aimr75
03-18-2009, 12:50 AM
I am currently using a k90 but was wanting something with a bit more forgiveness especially on difficult days. Was wondering how this racquet rates.. I live in Australia and no stores near me currently stock this, hence any details would be great

Are there any other suggestions in terms of what i can try or look into? something possibly around the 95sq inch range

zidane339
03-18-2009, 07:12 AM
Do you want something similar to the k90 in terms of weight?

There's a lot of 95s you can try..K95, Exo Rebel, etc..

monomakh
03-18-2009, 10:52 AM
what kind of feel are you looking for? By "forgiving" do you mean lighter, flexier, (or both, some, or neither)?

For a similar-ish classic-y feel there are a few to choose from. From the flexier, moderately-heavy-but-not-K90/K88 head light group, you have the Yonex RDS 002 Tour, Dunlop 200, Bab PST and PSTLtd, TFight 335 (if you can find it, no longer made). I like all of these, and there are some others that I want to try like the Fischer, the BB11, and the like. The Head MGPP might fit, but I've never found it to feel like any of the above, YMMV.

On the less flexy side, you have the K95 or KBlade, which are obvious next steps if you like the K90/wilson feel.

ETA: I have not tried the TFight 325, so I can't answer that one specifically. One of the first things you'll notice about Tecnifibres is that they have a grip close to that of Head's (short, different shape than Wilson). Given that you're coming from a K90, the length may not be an issue, but it will be a different feel.

aimr75
03-18-2009, 04:00 PM
thanks, i am just looking for something more forgiving in terms of larger sweet spot, bigger head size.. possibly a bit lighter, but not much.. the weight isnt too much of an issue.. just something which isnt as punishing on bad days

i have tried the kblade tour and kblade 98 and didnt really like them. Ive also tried the k95 and felt it was too head heavy so harder to move around..

betovanbuuren
03-18-2009, 04:05 PM
Aero Storm Tour

aimr75
03-18-2009, 04:13 PM
Aero Storm Tour

im probably not looking for a total departure from the k90, the aero storm would be quite different..

monomakh
03-18-2009, 10:00 PM
thanks, i am just looking for something more forgiving in terms of larger sweet spot, bigger head size.. possibly a bit lighter, but not much.. the weight isnt too much of an issue.. just something which isnt as punishing on bad days

I really like the Yonex RDS 002 Tour + leather handle and was very pleasantly surprised (I was all set to go in full-on lovefest with the PSTs, but I keep coming back to the pumpkin). Great spin, good power, but still an "honest" racquet and classic-ish feel. For grip sizes 4 3/8 and above, they're 320-330g unstrung. I say demo it. Or don't, actually, since I'm probably pushing up the secondhand ones I'm looking for.