PDA

View Full Version : Fischer Pro Tour FT

ollinger
03-06-2005, 03:58 AM
Anyone have any experience with this racquet (not the Extreme)?
________
Colorado dispensaries (http://colorado.dispensaries.org/)

NoBadMojo
03-06-2005, 05:21 AM
There is a new one coming out that I playtested for TW...it's a comparative review. if you go to the TW page for the Aerodrive+ or Technfibre315 and scroll down, you should find a link there for it.

ollinger
03-06-2005, 08:55 AM
Thanks, NBM. Your description of the ProTour reminds me a bit of your impressions of the T-10 gen II (which I've not used, though I've hit with the T-10 VE midplus) -- gives back what you put in, maybe serves better than the Volkl. How do you compare these? The VE I used had plenty of put away power; do you feel the ProTour has a liability here?
________
Laguna Bay II Condo (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

NoBadMojo
03-06-2005, 09:57 AM
aye ollinger..i think if you like one you will like the other performencewise, but they have entirely diff feels..the Fischer gives you a more firm response and is a more demanding sweetspot size than the Gen2..i wouldnt say the pro tour is a liabilty at anything but it is demanding sweetspot wise and if you arent really on, you might be really off with it....they are both control frames altho you can get the Gen2 prety powerful stringing it lower...i assume the Fiscer as well, but i just had the demo which was strung too tightly for the frame for most people i think.on the clay w. the slight bad bounces, i found myself hitting it less than flush at times which caused me to produce some short weak balls and lame service returns...on a hardcourt, i would really embrace this frame especially because of the serve. would say the Gen2 is a 4.5 frame and the Fischer a 5.0. if that gives you some perspective

iscottius
03-06-2005, 10:12 AM
I played the Fischer Pro tour FT for 2 years, It is a very solid & stable racquet. It swings very easy for a 12.oz + racquet. It serves very nicely, has some good pop due to the extended length, manueverability is good due to low swingweight & headlight balance. I found the sweetspot to be generous for a 98, I would recommend stringing this racquet less than 60 lbs, (may be why I thought the sweetspot was generous). It pretty much does everything well, good crisp solid feel, it has good spin potential, not great. Overall, I really enjoyed playing with this racquet, I switched to the Yonex Tour 5, wanted a lighter racquet with more feel.

NoBadMojo
03-06-2005, 10:17 AM
the frame i tested isnt quite available yet..it's a different frame than the one you were using i believe...it's yellow and black, and just coming out. i think it specs diferently

iscottius
03-06-2005, 10:27 AM
I played the Black & red 03 version, I have been told by Fischer that the 05 racquet specs out the same, they changed the paint scheme to Yellow & black, They are keeping in the line up because a few of thier WTA Players are still using it, Sprem & Dementieva, etc.

NoBadMojo
03-06-2005, 12:12 PM
Dementieva uses a Yonex. I find the sweetspot to be demanding for a 98headsize, which is like the other 98 headsized Fischers..this is a ball strikers frame, and alot more demanding than many many other 98 headized frames on the market today, and nore demanding than the Pro1, but a little less demanding thatn the 95 headsized Extreme.

monologuist
03-08-2005, 04:09 PM
so the new Fischer Pro Tour FT is just a new paintjob huh?
iscottius...since I know you have experience with both the Pro Kennex Laver SX and the Yonex MP Tour-5, can you compare/contrast them with the Fischer Pro Tour FT? We seem to have very similar taste in racquets! ;-) Wonder if our games are similar too?!

I'm playing great with both the Laver SX and the MP Tour-5; just can't help but be curious about the Pro Tour FT, as it almost matches dead on the specs that I'd consider ideal (in fact, the way I've got my MP Tour-5 customized, they'd probably have almost identical specs). Also, I grew up playing a graphite/fiberglass composite frame, the Prince Graphtech DB 90, and have yet to find a materials composite that I like better comfort and feel-wise. The thought of something that plays like the MP Tour-5 but with fiberglass is intruiging, although if the sweetspot is smaller than the Tour-5, I'd be a little wary.