PDA

View Full Version : My order just arrived!

Joey
03-18-2009, 04:00 AM
http://i42.tinypic.com/308ck7b.jpg

I always thought I would never buy the Babolat Propulse shoes because of the Andy Roddick signature but seeing them in person and trying them on made me quickly change my mind. They look AWESOME and the fit is perfect for my feet!

I'm hoping the Prince EXO³ Rebel will be a good replacement for my Head LM Prestige Mid but we'll just have to wait and see. What I can say is that the swingweight and balance feel very close.

supermario343
03-18-2009, 06:10 AM
Im liking the pj on that frame...very unique monfil like lol...with his crazy hair and nice shoes as well.

Bud
03-18-2009, 06:13 AM
Im liking the pj on that frame...very unique monfil like lol...with his crazy hair and nice shoes as well.

It's reptilian-like... I wonder what inspired the paint on the latest Prince frame iterations (Jurassic Park, perhaps :lol:).

MarrratSafin
03-18-2009, 06:42 AM
It's reptilian-like... I wonder what inspired the paint on the latest Prince frame iterations (Jurassic Park, perhaps :lol:).

Haha. And looking at the EXO3 Red I'd say it's spiderman-inspired lol.

Those shoes look great.

Storm_Kyori
03-18-2009, 07:18 AM
I was going to get some of those shoes, but TW didn't put them on sale in time for me to buy my size.

Joey
03-19-2009, 11:05 PM
Played with the Prince EXO³ Rebel yesterday for the first time. Used a Yonex dampener and there was no ping sound at all. I am not a fan of poly strings but the Prince Hybrid Spin EXP actually played very nice but I still prefer softer feeling strings. As other poster have mentioned, this racquet swings very easy with a huge sweetspot and power on demand.

I quickly got into a groove with the Prince.
Forehand: I could drive the ball deep or whip over the ball for short angles. I would say I struggled a bit with short angles because my timing was sometimes off due to the racquet that swings so easy.
Backhand slices were deep and penetrating. Flicking the ball crosscourt while on the run or hitting short angles came surprisingly easy. I could drive the ball with topspin(one handed) and actually felt so confident that I could hit any shot.......... My backhand felt very solid.
Serve: Easier to serve with than my Head LM Prestige Mid. I could hit pinpoint flat serves and my favourite slice serves(I'm a lefty) worked perfectly. I don't have a big kick serve yet but I think this will also come very easy because it swing so easy.
Volleys: I think this is the only place where the strings counted against me. No problem hitting high/low/deep/sharp angles volleys or reacting on quick shots but the strings just felt too crisp for my taste. I like that sinking feeling......

As you know by now, I liked the racquet a lot. I know it was only a warm up and three sets but so far I'm very positive. I think poly strings will work great in this frame but it's just not my cup of tea. Can't wait to test out some Pro Supex Maxim Touch. So far so good.

velkov
03-20-2009, 12:49 AM

I always thought I would never buy the Babolat Propulse shoes because of the Andy Roddick signature but seeing them in person and trying them on made me quickly change my mind. They look AWESOME and the fit is perfect for my feet!

I'm hoping the Prince EXO³ Rebel will be a good replacement for my Head LM Prestige Mid but we'll just have to wait and see. What I can say is that the swingweight and balance feel very close.

can you give me some feedback on the shoes - i am about to buy same pair. about racquet - they are quite different - head is much better one !!

Joey
03-20-2009, 08:11 AM
can you give me some feedback on the shoes - i am about to buy same pair. about racquet - they are quite different - head is much better one !!

I presume you did not read my last post with all the positive feedback for the Rebel. What are your reason for saying the racquets are quite different and that the Head is much better?

About the shoes. Only been walking around the house with them while using my Barricade on court. Narrow fit like the Adidas a3 Accelerator but true to size for my feet. Not as roomy as Barricades and provides more of a glove like fit which I like. I would compare it to Yonex SHT305 with more cushioning but a bit heavier.

betofranca
03-20-2009, 08:45 AM

I bought the Propulse shoes because the salesman told me they have as the barricades the 6 month warranty, but they only last 1 month, two big holes appear on each shoe were my thumb was...so...I'm really disapointed with the shoes. I contact Babolat via the web page and the next morning some guy from babolat france was calling to my house...at the end the problem was solve and I got Barricade for free. hahaha

velkov
03-20-2009, 08:56 AM
I presume you did not read my last post with all the positive feedback for the Rebel. What are your reason for saying the racquets are quite different and that the Head is much better?

About the shoes. Only been walking around the house with them while using my Barricade on court. Narrow fit like the Adidas a3 Accelerator but true to size for my feet. Not as roomy as Barricades and provides more of a glove like fit which I like. I would compare it to Yonex SHT305 with more cushioning but a bit heavier.

imo only. head prestige is one of the best stick around. comparing control / feel / manoeuvrability etc ... that was my point ....

Joey
03-20-2009, 09:59 AM
imo only. head prestige is one of the best stick around. comparing control / feel / manoeuvrability etc ... that was my point ....

No problem, everyone has his own opinion. I was just interested why you rated the Head LM Prestige Mid higher........

a-naik.1
03-20-2009, 10:15 AM
I do like the PJ of the racquet.