PDA

View Full Version : Vokyl V-Engine Tour 10 Mid

Flatspin
03-06-2005, 05:45 AM
I had a chance to hit with this frame strung with T/F bi-phase @ 58lbs yesterday. This mid frame is very impressive. Nice heft, easy to swing, solid feel, superb control and great feel. Quality seemed excellent. Very accurate precise racquet. The Sweet spot felt as large as most Mid-Plus's. It's been some time since I've been impressed this much. Those players who have an advanced game and solid mechanics ...... enjoy a mid frame ..... I'd advise to give this frame a serious try. Very solid, impressive racquet. Just outstanding! Best new Frame I've hit with for years!

NoBadMojo
03-06-2005, 09:44 AM
agree this is a very nice frame if you can make all the power you need, but dont think the sweetspot to be as big as most mid pluses, unless maybe some of the 95 headsized midpluses..for example the difference between the sweetspot size of the t10VEMid and t10VE-MP is enormous. this is a demanding frame..i would say for a 5.0 and up, but the constant reminder around here is 'people can use whatever they like' ;) which is obviously true.

Flatspin
03-06-2005, 03:48 PM
NBM .... thanks for your additional comments. You are correct in your remarks regarding the sweet spots. I agree that it is best suited for an advanced player. However, I thought the sweet spot felt very generous for a mid frame. Was that your impression?

Mulligan
03-06-2005, 06:57 PM
Flatspin..I agree. I've hit with the T10M VE extensively and its sweetspot is larger than other mids that I have used over the years. The low relative swingweight allowed good maneuverability for the net game also. The sweetspot reminded me of my former HPS 6.1 95. Not as demanding a stick as some may think (yet still a precise frame), as its swingweight and sweetspot make it a very user friendly racquet. I also agree that it is one of Volkl's best racquets to date.

AndrewD
03-06-2005, 11:47 PM
Flatspin,
Id definately agree about the qualities of the T10mp V-Engine. Initially, I didn't like it -didn't feel really 'solid' at times- but a second and third hit with it (plus a better string job) and I changed my opinion. Also have to say it was beautiful at net - very comfortable in the hand and a good balance of punch + control- and on the slice backhand. Didnt find quite as much spin as on other midplus frames but had a lot of control, good power and very manoueverable.

It and the Dunlop 300G were the only two I really enjoyed of all the frames Ive demoed in the last 6 months. Think the V-engine would take longer to adjust to than the 300G but still a very nice racquet.

NoBadMojo
03-07-2005, 07:10 AM
Flatspin I think te VE-Mid gives you a good hit high in the hoop (where better players hit especially on the serve)like some MP sizes do, but if you hit it much off center sideways, you know you are hitting a mid sized frame..ie; mis-hits coughed up weak short balls which my opponents could summarily put away or put me on my horse..if people dont play anyone who can put that sort of pressure on you, then i dont think this would be a problem for them..also, if your grip runs more towards the western, you really dont have very much margin for error...

gd!
03-07-2005, 08:52 AM
NBM, you've got it...T10VE mid is impressive in the upper hoop, if you have the technique and the power. But, for advanced players only. As I am a 4.0 player this frame was too demanding for me and I found the groove with the T9VE 16/19.

Definetely way strong, those Volkl racquets, and...just a different choice ;)

gd!