PDA

View Full Version : Volkl Tour 8 SE

SteveI
03-06-2005, 06:02 AM
Hi,

Can anyone provide a review of this frame? Seems like a nice racket for platform for adding lead tape.. etc. Would like to hear what mods were made etc. String selections.. tensions. Thanks!!!

Steve

Colpo
03-06-2005, 06:54 AM
There was a recent post about this frame in this section, with only a few resonses (mine was one of them). A frequent hitting partner of mine recently started to play this frame, after a long time with the Hammer 6.2 OS. She was looking for a quicker, less cumbersome frame, did her research, and came up with the VT8SE. She really likes it. She's not a gearhead. It's strung at midtension with plain old Wilson Stamina 16g. She has it weighted up to 10.5 oz. strung (I may have helped out with that part). The lead strips are stacked under the throat bridge, virtually invisible. Probably enough to add .2-.3 oz. weight to the frame. The idea was to add some heft and torsion (twist resistance) to the frame, not affect the balance. With the weight at the throat, there's more mass directly behind the ball but without weighting up the swingweight. She really digs the frame this way, but the biggest difference is the departure from her old dinosaur frames. Her swings are much quicker, and she gets around the outside of the ball on groundies much better for short angles. It's a great looking frame, nice hand feel and all, but incredibly light out of the box (pretty unique with the player's frame makeup of the racquet).

SteveI
03-06-2005, 12:49 PM
Colpo,

Thanks so much. Great mini-review! Have a good one!

Regards,
Steve

Black Ace
03-07-2005, 05:01 AM
Hi
I found this racquet is sold out. Is it discountinued ?
I cannot find it anymore in Volkl's website anymore.