PDA

View Full Version : Prince EXO Graphite 100

alcap26
03-18-2009, 08:44 PM
I got to hit with the EXO graphite today and I can say I was pretty impressed. I started the day with my POGOS and was just a bit slow so I pulled out my sp black racquets. I was hitting the ball pretty goo with them but still haveing the same old serving problems...either really good or really. I just can't seem to find a happy medium serving with them. During the first set I realized one of my SP blacks cracked 2 mains below the short side tie off. This is racquet #2 to do this. I hope prince will take care of this.

I had to decide at this point...pull out the pogos or use the demo EXO Graphite 100. I finished out the second set and the entire third set with the exo. I felt it was a happy medium between the SP black and the POGOS. I had the quickness and lighter swing but had the presence with the serve...I had that happy medium I get from my pogos. I had no issues with the feel of the racquet. I thought it felt very solid.

I did wonder if it was more of a Tour diablo midplus remake rather than a graphite. I am leaning towards demoing the Diablo mp again and I think if I add a bit of lead to increase the swingweight a bit I can get it to match the specs of the exo graphite 100. I know it is rated a bit lower in the power but I can make up for this with string tension (well at least I want to believe that). Does anyone else think the Exo graphite feels like the Diablo MP? Sorry if this seems like rambling.

louis netman
03-18-2009, 09:45 PM
Judging from the specs, there's a considerable weight difference. The Diablo will require a lot of extra mass and tweaking to get it similar. Indeed, Diablo MP is too light in stock form...

alcap26
03-19-2009, 09:42 AM
I guess I will just have to demo the Diablo MP again. I tried it about a year ago and it had a very solid feel to me just too light.