PDA

View Full Version : Prince EXO3 Rebel vs. Prince Ozone Tour MS

Kzoltan
03-19-2009, 07:16 AM
I hesitate between the two Prince rackets. I play now the Wilson K Blade Tour racket.
Iím not very satisfied with the spin of my groundstrokes and serve. The other problem is that I play with low tension, but the racket feels too stiff.
Please let know your opinion if you have tested both Prince rackets !
Thanks a lot !

SmAsH999
03-19-2009, 09:51 AM
well, I've demoed the EXO3 Rebel Team, and let me tell you it is a horrible racket! It just feels like crap IMO. However, the Rebel is supposed to be a completely different story. The #1 Varsity player in my town plays an EXO3 Rebel and is apparently impressed. He's hitting the ball crisply, so I imagine that it's solid.

Preston
03-19-2009, 11:02 AM
I don't have any experience with the Ozone prince, but I currently play with the Exo3 Rebel, not the team version. I didn't like the team version at all. Not a bad stick, just too light for my taste.

If you are looking for a more flexible, players stick, this could be the one. It definitely has a soft, butter like feeling which is very much to my liking. The control is good and power is there when you want it.

I hit with a decent amount of spin, and I find the spin generation also fitting to my taste.

If you feel your current racket is too stiff, then definitely demo the exo3 rebel. You may just fall in love. Demo before buying!!!

Kzoltan
03-19-2009, 12:04 PM
Thank you for sharing of your experience with Rebel. Unfortunately I don't have a possibility to test the racquet. The racquet will be purchasable only at the beginning of April in Hungary in the shop.

Kzoltan
03-30-2009, 11:16 AM
Is somebody, who tested the Prince Ozone Tour MS (325g, balance :30.5 cm) ?. I'm still hesitating between Rebel and Ozone Tour MS ?
Thanks for your help!

jayrlo
03-30-2009, 01:38 PM
The rebel is a heavy players racket. The two rackets, on spec alone, have the same stiffness. In terms of feel, the rebel has more feel. The Ozone Tour is more muted. If you ask which one handles a heavier ball better I would go with the Rebel.

I currently own Ozone Tours and they play pretty well, but I needed lead on them to play against bigger hitters. It is very forgiving and has a more than generous sweetspot. Spin is easy to access, but you need to generate the power by yourself as this frame has a low swingweight. If you lead this up, this frame is actually very very good to play with. I have lead at 10 and 2 o'clock, and in the grip to make it around 12.1 ounces. Perfect frame for me.

I have only used the Rebel once, but it is one of the most forgiving players frames that is above 12 ounces. It does everything a Prestige Mid Sized racket would do and a little more. I think this maybe a better choice for you, since you said you liked using the Kblade tour. Thats my two cents. Its one of the best rackets I have hit with out of the box since I tried the AG100 and the PC600.

corners
03-30-2009, 09:43 PM
Kzoltan,

If you didn't know, the Prince Ozone Tour MS (95) is not available in the US - here we have only the Ozone Tour (100) and the Ozone Pro Tour (100). The MS (95) seems to only be available in E. Europe and New Zealand. So not many posters here will have played with it.

However, I've heard that it is basically the same racquet as the Prince O3 Tour MS - same specs, different layup (materials). The O3 Tour MS was regarded pretty well on these boards. A search will provide a variety of positive and a couple of negative reviews.

BTW, how much does the Ozone Tour MS cost in Hungary?

Kzoltan
04-04-2009, 10:28 AM
Dear Corners,
The Ozone Tour MS would cost 160 $ in Hungary.

Kzoltan
04-04-2009, 10:33 AM
The rebel is a heavy players racket. The two rackets, on spec alone, have the same stiffness. In terms of feel, the rebel has more feel. The Ozone Tour is more muted. If you ask which one handles a heavier ball better I would go with the Rebel.

I currently own Ozone Tours and they play pretty well, but I needed lead on them to play against bigger hitters. It is very forgiving and has a more than generous sweetspot. Spin is easy to access, but you need to generate the power by yourself as this frame has a low swingweight. If you lead this up, this frame is actually very very good to play with. I have lead at 10 and 2 o'clock, and in the grip to make it around 12.1 ounces. Perfect frame for me.

I have only used the Rebel once, but it is one of the most forgiving players frames that is above 12 ounces. It does everything a Prestige Mid Sized racket would do and a little more. I think this maybe a better choice for you, since you said you liked using the Kblade tour. Thats my two cents. Its one of the best rackets I have hit with out of the box since I tried the AG100 and the PC600.

Dear Jayrlo,

thanks for your feedback. I think I will get a try and buy one. But I have the problem that the racket is only available with L3 grip and I need one with L4.
I'm not so lucky to purchase this racket.

jayrlo
04-04-2009, 01:16 PM
It shouldnt be too bad. I think you can get one off the bay for a lot cheaper than in stores. Maybe you could try that. I think the Rebel is going to be a good racket to use for many years to come. Most likely be to an all time players racket. So you might as well invest in it now and be happy with it for a while.

ak47m
04-04-2009, 02:14 PM
I hesitate between the two Prince rackets. I play now the Wilson K Blade Tour racket.
Iím not very satisfied with the spin of my groundstrokes and serve. The other problem is that I play with low tension, but the racket feels too stiff.
Please let know your opinion if you have tested both Prince rackets !
Thanks a lot !

There are other choices besides the Prince racquets, unless you are set on Prince.

Here are a few suggestions:

Dunlop Aerogel 4D 200 (18x20 or 16x19) - great sticks, liked them lots
Dunlop Aerogel 200 - cheaper because these are last generations, still good
Adidas Barricade Tour - Similar to the KBlade and Prestige line
Head Microgel Prestige MP or Mid - I've heard the Mid was better
Prince EXO3 Graphite 93 Mid

Kzoltan
04-07-2009, 10:59 AM
There are other choices besides the Prince racquets, unless you are set on Prince.

Here are a few suggestions:

Dunlop Aerogel 4D 200 (18x20 or 16x19) - great sticks, liked them lots
Dunlop Aerogel 200 - cheaper because these are last generations, still good
Adidas Barricade Tour - Similar to the KBlade and Prestige line
Head Microgel Prestige MP or Mid - I've heard the Mid was better
Prince EXO3 Graphite 93 Mid

Thanks for your suggestions, but I've tried the Aerogel 200 and I found the racket very stiff and the resonance was terribly large . The sweetspot was also very small. I also tried out the Microgel Prestige, but the balance was not correctly for my play strength and I got shoulder pain . I've already decided that I buy the Prince Rebel. If it would not fold, then I continue to play with K Blade Tour :-)

kashgotmoney
04-07-2009, 11:06 AM
I used to play with a k90 and i switched to the ozone tour mp. Way more spin and manuverability. the control is awesome