PDA

View Full Version : The Spin Doctors.

gmlasam
03-06-2005, 10:28 AM
Of all the racquets I have played, these racquets by far produces the most spins.

http://www.csun.edu/~aml45386/images/spindoctors1.jpg

L-R: POG Mid, Yonex RD-7, and POG OS.
http://www.csun.edu/~aml45386/images/spindoctors2c.jpg

Exile
03-06-2005, 11:21 AM
Wait a second, I've seen players hit topspin FH's that go straight then just drop STRAIGHT down( like this ---> | ) and kick even higher.
I've seen slice serves that stay so low and curve at an angle of a little bit over 100 degrees.
I've seen lobs that drag people so far back only to see the ball kick way over the fence.
I've seen the ugliest drop shots that just die and curve off the court towards the net.
With just a hyper hammer 4.3.
With just a Ti S5 CZ.

ffrpg
03-06-2005, 11:36 AM
I'm not familair with the Tour Graphite. How is it different from the POG?

gmlasam
03-06-2005, 11:42 AM
I'm not familair with the Tour Graphite. How is it different from the POG?
Same racquet. :)

maratonman
03-06-2005, 11:47 AM
Donīt forget POGOS and POGLB. Two of the most comfortables spin doctors around.

Z-Man
03-06-2005, 05:22 PM
The sickest spin in tennis comes from a POG LB with a broken string. You can make the ball curve like a boomerang...

gmlasam
03-06-2005, 05:29 PM
The sickest spin in tennis comes from a POG LB with a broken string. You can make the ball curve like a boomerang...
I saw similar spin like that, but with a racquet strung spaghetti stringing.

aj_m2009
03-07-2005, 02:34 AM
How good is the TT Graphite in terms of generating spin?

**Also, what about the Tour Diablo MP?**

AndrewD
03-07-2005, 02:57 AM
Currently using a POG OS but have previously played with a Snauwert Hi-Ten50 (Woodforde's old racquet) and the spin that thing generated was so much greater than the POG its not funny. Also, the level of control it gave you puts the POG to shame, even at low tensions.

Not only did you get enormous spin but you also got a lot of weight and pace on your shot. Exceptionally stiff but quite nice to play with and Id feel pretty confident in saying its the most spin friendly, legal frame thats been produced. The down-side to it is that after getting used to the unique string patter, gauge and tensions you struggle to use anything else. After playing the Hi-Ten50 for 6 years it took my brother almost 3 years to find something he was comfortable using.

galain
03-07-2005, 04:54 AM
Andrew

The Hi Ten used a very thick string at some quite extreme tension didn't it? I never saw them here in Oz but they always intrigued me. When you say stiff, what would you compare it to? Stiff like a Pure Drive? Stiff in a solid sort of way like the PS 6.1? Really curious...

BTW - any of you guys ever hit with Yonex's Hippo? The Pro RD 70 Long - I've never seen anything produce spin like that. The RD7 I've tried wasnt in the same ballpark. Pity it's 28 inches long - it's a really nice frame but not that great a match for a one handed backhand with a 35 year old at the other end.

gmlasam
03-07-2005, 07:35 AM
AndrewD,

That Snauwert Hi-Ten50 sounds and looks very interesting. I wouldn't mind trying that out. Do you know when that racquet was introduced?

NoBadMojo
03-07-2005, 08:30 AM
I would say the HiTen was an 80's frame but i'm not good at these things. if you could find one, you might have trouble finding the especially thick string that went along with it which was kinda almost thick like weedeater strng :O the racquet had fewer mains...12 or 14. later Wilson came out with a model that was of similar design that Woodforde used but I cant remember the name of it..it is legal and my take on it is that if it was so great, more people would have used it..crazy spin though....

Fatmike
03-08-2005, 06:56 AM
Of all the racquets I have played, these racquets by far produces the most spins.

http://www.csun.edu/~aml45386/images/spindoctors1.jpg

L-R: POG Mid, Yonex RD-7, and POG OS.
http://www.csun.edu/~aml45386/images/spindoctors2c.jpg

can you hit as hard (generete as much power) as a new generation racquet with these?

gmlasam
03-08-2005, 07:04 AM
Fatmike,

These racquets are very low power, so you would have to supply the power. These racquets are for players that have large loopy strokes and put their body into the shots. This is stick shift driving, not automatic power like with the new stiffer racquets now currently made.

Proper stroke mechanics are required with these racquets, and if you dont have that it will really show.

blue sea
03-08-2005, 07:26 AM
Galain, what is hippo? I used to play with a Pro-RD lonh 95' cut down to 27'. Nice spin, and quite maneuverable. Very good on 1hbh. Why dont you try to shorten it? You may be surprised at how it play and feel IMO.

aj_m2009
03-08-2005, 07:28 AM
How good is the TT Graphite in terms of generating spin?

**Also, what about the Tour Diablo MP?**

Could someone please give me some feedback on these?

gmlasam
03-08-2005, 07:36 AM
aj_m2009,

Both can produce very good spin, but not as much as the POG and RD-7. I personally like the TT Graphite OS. I put about 12 grams of lead tape on it to get it to play the way I like. Some people don't like the TT Graphites, but you should try it out.

I do not care for the Diablo, but some people do. ;)

aj_m2009
03-08-2005, 07:43 AM
Thanks gmlasam. Do you know of any place to demo the TT Graphite?

Fatmike
03-08-2005, 07:49 AM
Fatmike,

These racquets are very low power, so you would have to supply the power. These racquets are for players that have large loopy strokes and put their body into the shots. This is stick shift driving, not automatic power like with the new stiffer racquets now currently made.

Proper stroke mechanics are required with these racquets, and if you dont have that it will really show.

I have a proper stroke on my forehand... still working on the backhand.... I bought a LM fire recently and think it still too powerfull... I love head racquets (so was thinking about a radical or prestige) but was thinking about this POG since evreyone is loving it here.... I put lots of topspin in my forehand.... but won't mind a little more

gmlasam
03-08-2005, 08:24 AM
Thanks gmlasam. Do you know of any place to demo the TT Graphite?
My local tennis pro shop has all the TT graphites to demo. In fact, they have a whole bunch of them and selling them for $49.99 in the clearance bin. They also have Ti radicals for the same price in the clearance bin. Perhaps, you can check your local pro shop if they have any to demo.

christo
03-11-2005, 09:59 PM
TT should stand for Totally Tinny, the so called "braid" was just a papery inlay on the frame. I had the TT Graphite Mid and had to stop playing for a month cos my shoulder and elbow hurt so bad.