PDA

View Full Version : Will switching hurt my game? 200->fischer mpro

reesespiecestennis
03-19-2009, 06:58 PM
Hey guys I'm kind of in a tizzy because I'm already a game into my high school season and I'm still not set on a racquet. I have an aerogel 200 but the grip is cracked and is unplayable. I'm looking at the fischer Mpro 1 but I'm worried that the power level is too low and I won't get the free points I get right now.

I play an all court game and really rely on my first serve to get me points and I play a lot more flat than with topspin. I like the aerogel 200 because I can't swing and it will land in deep and hard most of the time but it's not really that forgiving. I'M JUST TIRED OF IT.

I'm just kind of worried that I'll start having to swing too hard to get pace with the Fischer, even though I've never played with it before. Also the swingweight looks low so my serves will lose a lot of juice. I'm just intrigued by the Fischer because of the no tolerance and I love the look and string pattern.

reesespiecestennis
03-19-2009, 07:01 PM
Other racquets that look promising are

Pure Storm Tour- really scared about quality buttcap problems.
K95- looks a little too heavy and stiff
Technfibre 325- Never played technifibre
Prestige MP- I really liked I'm just worried the power level is too low

reesespiecestennis
03-19-2009, 07:23 PM
All I'm really saying is will the prestige really be able to hurt my opponents? I'm just worried about it because a lot of other posters don't like the midplus, but I personally really liked it.

The thing is it sort of felt weak, not that the power wasn't there but in the back of my mind the weight just wasn't there. It just wasn't perfect. But it still felt better than the aerogel 200, even though the 200 has more of a powerful feel which I like.

reesespiecestennis
03-19-2009, 07:41 PM
Also for any info I'm not a string breaker because I use an 18x20 and hit very flat. I use multis strung around 58 and it works for me.

I don't want a powerful racquet like a babolat because I don't have an exaggerated swing. It's very flat.

no_dark_things
03-19-2009, 10:07 PM
I went from the Aerogel 200 to the MG Prestige MP and it feels stiffer and offers a good punch. If you were getting free points of the 200 you'll do the same with the Prestige. 58 lbs sounds about right for the Prestige.

Unfortunately I've never played the other frames so I couldn't really comment on them.

tennisinoc
03-20-2009, 08:46 AM
I'm looking at the fischer Mpro 1 but I'm worried that the power level is too low and I won't get the free points I get right now.

I play an all court game and really rely on my first serve to get me points and I play a lot more flat than with topspin.

I'm just kind of worried that I'll start having to swing too hard to get pace with the Fischer, even though I've never played with it before. Also the swingweight looks low so my serves will lose a lot of juice. I'm just intrigued by the Fischer because of the no tolerance and I love the look and string pattern.

I don't know why Fischer's are being labeled as low powered.
Compared to a stiff, oversized, widebody racket perhaps.
But I think it has plenty of power.
I need to string it up higher around 60lbs. to tame it down.
If you hit a flat ball most of the time, you will really like this racket.
I think that is the best stroke for this racket.

If you are worried about Power, proper technique and weight transfer will take care of that better than any racket will.
Just keep practicing.

Best thing is to pick up a demo and make an opinion of what you think.
Best bang for the buck racket right now.

reesespiecestennis
03-20-2009, 09:01 AM
when I demoed it I hated it-the fischer but i think it could be good. It's only 99 dollars too. But when I played with the prestige it felt like a better version of the aerogel 200 but with less penetration through the court.

I'm thinking of a k95 but it might be too stiff and powerful.

reesespiecestennis
03-20-2009, 09:03 AM
One big reason I want to get the fischer is because houston barrick of uva uses it and he plays very good and my game is similar to his.

FloridaAG
03-20-2009, 09:06 AM
when I demoed it I hated it-the fischer but i think it could be good. It's only 99 dollars too. But when I played with the prestige it felt like a better version of the aerogel 200 but with less penetration through the court.

I'm thinking of a k95 but it might be too stiff and powerful.

If you hated it when you demoed it, why would you want to switch to it? That does not make any sense.

reesespiecestennis
03-20-2009, 09:56 AM
because the strings were horrible.. but I really liked how it swung and everything.

tennisinoc
03-20-2009, 11:31 AM
because the strings were horrible.. but I really liked how it swung and everything.

That is one big problem with Demoing. String set up could be a make or break the experience. I had poly on my demo and I don't like poly. But I knew with the proper strings, it could be a weapon in my hands.
Great balance and weight for my game.

I am still trying to find my proper string set up with my Pro 1.
My usual Hybrid Multi/Synth is too powerful.
I might have to string it up even higher to see if that helps. +60lbs

Anyone have string suggestions? (No Poly Set Up's Please)

reesespiecestennis
03-20-2009, 01:01 PM
Yeah my shots were either flying or dying LOL. I really wish the prestige was a little heavier

ced
03-29-2009, 08:07 AM
The Magnetic Tour SL may be your best choice, definitely more 'pop' than the Mpro

Steve F.
03-29-2009, 08:57 AM
Hey guys I'm kind of in a tizzy because I'm already a game into my high school season

Once the season starts you should be focusing on improving fitness and technique, not equipment unless it's injuring you.

Pick up a pair of AG200 cheap or the 200 4D and stay focused!

what do you mean the racquet is unplayable? Just replace the buttcap.

btw, it's fine to admire another player - but using the same equipment won't make you play like him. Verdasco admires Agassi... does he play with a Head radical? No, he trains like him though, working with Gil Reyes. Focus on fitness and technnique and have a great season. Good luck.

reesespiecestennis
03-29-2009, 09:07 AM
The deal is the buttcap is just loose, I thought it was cracked at first. But anyway my high school season is a joke. I pretty much win every time because our region is bad so the only real time I have to get ready for is around may for regionals and state.

I'm not liking the aerogel 200 enough to want to buy another one. It serves me well but I'm just not confident with it. It doesn't click with me. It's just a little too metallic feeling with each hit.

reesespiecestennis
03-29-2009, 10:39 AM
Dang I actually was going to buy a liquidmetal radical today and tw doesn't have it in 4 1/2 grip. I really liked the prestige when I demoed it. I just didn't like the price.

4 3/8 with head is like 4 1/4 with wilson and dunlop so I can't go that low man!:cry:

WHSTENNIS
03-29-2009, 10:51 AM
Dang I actually was going to buy a liquidmetal radical today and tw doesn't have it in 4 1/2 grip. I really liked the prestige when I demoed it. I just didn't like the price.

4 3/8 with head is like 4 1/4 with wilson and dunlop so I can't go that low man!:cry:

If it helps improve your game the price doesn't matter.

Once the season starts you should be focusing on improving fitness and technique, not equipment unless it's injuring you.

Pick up a pair of AG200 cheap or the 200 4D and stay focused!

what do you mean the racquet is unplayable? Just replace the buttcap.

btw, it's fine to admire another player - but using the same equipment won't make you play like him. Verdasco admires Agassi... does he play with a Head radical? No, he trains like him though, working with Gil Reyes. Focus on fitness and technnique and have a great season. Good luck.

I totally agree.

reesespiecestennis
03-29-2009, 11:07 AM
Well I don't really have a lot of money to spend. I have some in my savings but I'm going to have to start paying for gas+insurance in a month so yeah.

The prestige wasn't that amazing for the price and I think the liquidmetal radicall could be just as good if not better.

WHSTENNIS
03-29-2009, 11:12 AM
Do you have a job?

reesespiecestennis
03-29-2009, 11:17 AM
No but I help my dad cut grass and I make pretty good money from that. It's not really that I don't have the money. Just throwing down 200 dollars for a racquet is dumb imo.

reesespiecestennis
03-29-2009, 11:25 AM
I really think this is a good buy because I thought the microgel radical was too light and the prestige didn't have the weight in the head I wanted. So yeah this lmr should be a great racquet.

Lol the funny thing is there is this crazy good player in my area who uses a $40 racquet and he always gives me a run every match.