PDA

View Full Version : wilson k pro tour recommendations?

Ketot
03-20-2009, 12:47 AM
im planning on getting a wilson k pro tour pretty soon, and was wondering if it was the right racquet for me. i hit with alot of topspin, and was hoping that this racquet would suit me. i currently use a prince o3 hybrid spectrum, and need a less powerful racquet(most of my shots are flying abit far). also, what strings and more importantly tension should i use if i get it? thx in advance

taiketsu
03-20-2009, 01:43 AM
I hope you demoed the racquet, first, instead of buying it based on spec. The balance is good in hand, but I had trouble generating power on my 1hbh - many shots fell short. Also, because of the light weight, the racquet can be very unstable when hitting off the sweet spot. I thought the balance made it great for 2nd serves and volleys. Of course, this is just my personal opinion so if you're looking for less power and more control, this might be it.

Ketot
03-20-2009, 03:41 AM
thx for the feedback. no i havent demoed it yet, but im planning to demo it in the nxt few days :) i also hope to demo a few other rackets and make a decision based on that

Winners or Errors
03-20-2009, 05:47 AM
I agree regarding second serves and volleys. When demoing the KPro Tour, I had no trouble at all with my serve; it was an easy transition. Did have trouble turning over the 1hbh. In my hands, strung with Sensation, it was not power that I struggled with. The racquet is, if you don't turn the ball over (I'm at 6,000 feet above sea level, so I'm really sensitive to this), capable of launching balls into the back fence.

With the right string and grip size, however, I think it could be a great racquet. I did not think it was unstable, and attributed nearly all of those sensations to the string, which I hate. Still demoing, and will likely string it with something I like next time I hit with it.