PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Head Extreme and Extreme Pro Opinions?

A_Instead
03-20-2009, 04:03 AM
I did a search on the 2009 Extreme and Extreme Pro and I dont see many comments. I did see the comments under the racquet itself and they didn't seem to kind at least for the Pro.

Has anyone hit with the new versions and can compare them to the old versions.

wao
03-20-2009, 01:36 PM
I did a search on the 2009 Extreme and Extreme Pro and I dont see many comments. I did see the comments under the racquet itself and they didn't seem to kind at least for the Pro.

Has anyone hit with the new versions and can compare them to the old versions.In both options the teflon grommet does give the stick a muted feel like the Babalot woffer system. I did not see any reason to go from the non Pro version to the new when I hit with it. I did like the new Pro better since they opened up the string pattern and the teflon grommets don't imo make the racquet feel as stiff. I have 3 of the new ones.

tennismanboy
03-20-2009, 03:18 PM
i havent hit with the new versions but did hit with the old version, so if u only want a comparison, sorry
this racquet was really odd, it was apparently an experiment for agassi, which explains its almost perfect circular shape. i barely ever break strings (once every 3-4 months) and with this racquet, i broke 4 strings in 2 months!! and i was using babolat hurricanes for my mains. i didnt even wear them, which is why it was the racquets fault, all 4 breaks were off a shank overhead or first serve (popped after impact where the top part of the racquets grommets are) now the grommets may have played a role in this but i had two of the same microgels so it wasnt a defect or anything.
anyways, it hit pretty well, powerful and very loose (that is if loose is the opposite of stiff). i wud recommend this for juniors any level and senior players. i dont see many high level college aged players using this though.
hope i helped

A_Instead
03-24-2009, 04:00 AM
I had used the original extreme pro and liked how it played but it did seem a little on the harsh side. I was wondering how the new one played.

KerryJ
03-24-2009, 04:30 AM
I posted a similar thread asking the same question that got no replies but hopefully your thrives so I can get a comparison. I am demoing the Extreme Pro 2009 and I really like it. It felt so good from the beginning just holding it. I only played with it for about a half hour last night, so I hope I'm not liking it just because I want to. I'll let you know more about it as I play more. It feels similar to the Aero Storm Tour for me, solid, not a hollow feel like the APDC. I think even with these new grommets you still get a nice ping but remember, I'm coming from the Aero Storm with the woofer and cortex so I don't truly know what it is to 'feel' the ball on the strings. Suits me though, easy to get racquet head speed