PDA

View Full Version : Need a new racket.

UnderwaterCookie
03-06-2005, 02:13 PM
Well, the rackets that I've owned (or am currently the owner of):

-Wilson Junior racket (no idea what the name was, I found it in my basement, dent on one side and all...)
-Wilson Hope (good)
-Prince Triple Threat Scream OS (horrible, probably just me though...)
-Head Intelligence S6 (pretty good, but makes weird noise and feels weird)
-Head Titanium S1 (my current favorite)

Out of all of those, I like the S1 the best. The Intelligence is nice, but I sometimes can't feel the ball and the noice it makes is very weird to me. I hate the TT Scream OS. Horrible racket in my opinion.
The Hope, despite buying it on a dare because my girlfriend said I wasn't secure enough to play with it, turned out to be pretty good.

Anyway, I'm now looking for a new racket to play with.
I've playtested a few rackets and I've come up with a list of what I want and don't want in my next racket.

I want
-small head sizes
-head-light, generally at least 5 points head-light
-a quick responsive feel at the net, not something that I'd have to drag around, however, it also has to be heavy enough to not feel like I'm wielding a toothpick, so maybe around 11 oz or more

I don't want (generally the opposite of the above)
-OS, or anything more than 95 sq inches for that matter
-head heavy rackets, eww, just didn't work out for me...

I've done some searching around (actually, a LOT of searching around).
I've come up with
-Wilson ProStaff ROK 93 Mid
-Wilson ProStaff 6.0 85/90/95
-Head Liquidmetal RAVE/FIRE

Are there any other rackets out there that you think I might like?
I'm looking forward to making a purchase today. I haven't found a sports store around here (I just moved here a few weeks ago), and I don't have a car to get around in. So I'm counting on the internet to supply me with the racket, strung and all. In other words, if you could also supply me with a site that sells these rackets and your opinions on what string to use it'd be nice. I've looked around TennisWarehouse also. The Wilson ProStaff ROK 93 Mid here comes in 3/8 grip size, which is fine, my S1 is 1/2. But I'm thinking I would like a 1/4 grip size.

So what I want from you.
-which of those rackets would you recommend
-any other rackets you recommend me to look into
-a place online to get those rackets (they have to offer stringing it with a string of my choice and tension)
-if you live in Jacksonville, FL, an offer to come pick me up and take me to a sports store to buy the stuff ;)

Thanks.