PDA

View Full Version : Racquet Opinions

The Macinator
03-20-2009, 03:48 PM
I have a head microgel extreme 2008 but it isn't heavy and the power is horrible. I like lots of spin on my groundstrokes, I only come to net on occasion. I hit the flat first and the kick second serve. I am demoing the APDC, the Aero Storm Tour, the PDR, and the Wilson KSIx-One X racquet. Any opinion on these racquets or should I be looking for another racquet. Thanx

kanjii
03-20-2009, 04:08 PM
I have the APDC, Extreme Pro, and a PDR. I like the APDC the best, light...great on topspin and power is controllable. Then comes the Extreme Pro, good spin, power was on par with the APDC and very arm and shoulder friendly for me, but the strings I had on it sucked after about 6 hours of playing...I couldn't even hit a backhand over the net without hitting into the net. The PDR was powerful, topsin was good, but heavy...very heavy compared to the other two and definitely not shoulder friendly to me. I tried the Aerostorm, but it was not to my liking. Couldn't generate a lot of power, but it was a comfortable racquet to play with. APDC had PHT strung at 57lbs. Extreme Pro had wilson strings..maybe attraction??? Can't remember what was on the PDR.

The Macinator
03-20-2009, 04:18 PM
ok thank kanjii, when I get my demos I will pay more attention to the weight of the PDR, but when u said the power was controllable on the APDC, was it still enough power to kick some arse

The Macinator
03-25-2009, 07:26 PM
I just got my demos and the apdc seems to light, the pdr is lighter and almost to powerful to hit with, the pst is a great weight and powerful, but my favorite is the wilson ksix one x is the best it is a perfect weight and powerful! a great racquet