PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Tour session signups

J-Mac
03-22-2009, 09:18 AM
Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up.

The next Tennis Tour signups start April 1st.

It's free signups for the first 20 players in most areas.

I've been playing for a while and it's worked out good because you can pretty much play whenever you want. (great for tennis addicts)

Anyway, you can check first to see if there's anyone signed up near you
http://www.tennistour.org/contactlist/zipsearch.php

You don't have to join one of the leagues. You can still use their system to find hitting partners.

J-Mac
03-25-2009, 09:06 PM
They just added new leagues with free lifetime membership for the expansion leagues

Existing Leagues: Seattle | LA | Charlotte | Portland | Spokane | Atlanta | Austin | Boston | Chicago| Dallas | Denver | Houston | Las Vegas | Miami | Minneapolis | New York | Orlando | Phoenix | San Antonio | San Diego | San Francisco | San Jose | Tampa

2009 Expansion Leagues: South Sound | Orange County | Long Beach | Fresno | Santa Monica Bay | DC | Philly | St Louis | Baltimore
Cincinnati | Indianapolis | Columbus | Scotts Dale | Tucson | Sun City

Caloi
04-23-2009, 09:38 AM
I just noticed this yesterday via craigslist and signed up. I noticed a few people in my area and am curiious to know how the league works? Let me rephrase, how do you like the format fo the league? I'm already in a ladder league, and play 2-3x each week during lunch at work. I assume it works like my padder? We arrange our own matches, and post results. Do you like it? Are you getting in quite a bit of tennis? Any info would help!

thehustler
04-23-2009, 03:30 PM
I play in this league and I love it. You just sign up and challenge people. Eventually people will respond. Start playing enough and you'll get ranked in the top tier. The people in there will get the most challenges because they're the most active. Get your friends to play. That way you can keep score of who's the better player and get some bragging rights. I just won out in my league and got 2 more friends to sign up for summer. I'm looking forward to having a lot of fun. It's just like your ladder. Enjoy!

JesseT
04-23-2009, 07:37 PM
atlanta? yeesh, I hadn't heard of this one. That makes 7 leagues in the area.

Out of curiosity, are these leagues being formed in response to something the others can't do well? NTRP "rejection" makes sense. ALTA (an Atlanta-only league) is 71 years old, so that's a pass too.

But all these other leagues just seem to be overlapping. Am I missing the "backlash" these leagues form from?