PDA

View Full Version : dunlop 300g customize

ersage
03-07-2005, 05:17 AM
l want more power at baseline and more stablity at net from my 300g.
how can l do it? how did you customize yours? which string and tension?
if l dont you dumpers there is alot of vibration why?
thanks

Swingman
03-07-2005, 07:10 AM
Ersage,

I have found that adding lead tape at 3, 9 and the under the grip helps a lot. My racquets are currently strung with NXT at 60 pounds and they weigh 11.7 oz. With this setup, the racquet has more power, is more stable and still maintains much of the manueverability of the stock frame. I would play around with the tape and string tensions, changing one thing at a time until you get to your optimum setup. Also there have been a lot of posts on this topic so do a search.

GuyPerez
03-07-2005, 11:47 AM
My 300g's were improved by buying them one grip size too small and adding a heat shrink sleeve, which boosted their weight to about11.6 to 11.8 oz strung. The weight in the handle stabilized them pretty well, but then I got tennis elbow.

montx
04-26-2005, 08:18 PM
Guy, I am just buying the 300G. How do I add lead tape to the handle? Staple Gun?

Dopke
04-26-2005, 10:10 PM
My 300g's were improved by buying them one grip size too small and adding a heat shrink sleeve, which boosted their weight to about11.6 to 11.8 oz strung. The weight in the handle stabilized them pretty well, but then I got tennis elbow.

Haha: ... but then I got tennis elbow. So that isn't good set up then? Might be string though. To the OP, have you just tried lower tension and or using a more powerful string?

GuyPerez
04-27-2005, 06:18 AM
Guy, I am just buying the 300G. How do I add lead tape to the handle? Staple Gun?

I believe TW has a tutorial

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/LC/Customizing/customize.html

The heat shrink sleeve added the weight for me, not lead tape.
Guy