PDA

View Full Version : What are the total cost for playing usta?

ESP#1
03-23-2009, 09:05 PM
What are the total cost for playing usta? Seems as if I have to pay 40 to be a member then 55 for league. Is that right?

saram
03-23-2009, 09:08 PM
What are the total cost for playing usta? Seems as if I have to pay 40 to be a member then 55 for league. Is that right?

Well, it is 40 for the membership. I think different leagues have different costs. The one I play in on occasion is under 30 for the league.

ESP#1
03-23-2009, 09:36 PM
So i guess that about right, let see how it goes:)

saram
03-23-2009, 09:38 PM
So i guess that about right, let see how it goes:)

First time in league play? What kind of league?

ESP#1
03-23-2009, 11:25 PM
Spring league i guess, just hope they put me on singles but yea its my fist time playing usta

jayserinos99
03-24-2009, 06:35 AM
It does depend on the league/team. For the teams I've been on I paid for the USTA Membership, then team registration fee, club registration fee and for every home game we chip in for food/drinks/balls.

cak
03-24-2009, 07:23 AM
It depends on the section, the district, the league, the home facility, and the team.

In our area it's whatever it costs to join USTA for however long you want to join, then $21 per team you are signing up on. At our club USTA players playing while the clubhouse is open must buy food from there for refreshments, so it's about $8 per home match. Night matches people bring food. Non-club members pay $30 for the season to play at our club. Oh, and you need to provide your own new can of balls for home games.

Jim A
03-24-2009, 07:27 AM
Members - USTA Team Fee (19-21/pp) and Court Fee (25)
Non-Members - addl $30 in guest fees for home matches

Nellie
03-24-2009, 08:30 AM
Yes - it will depend, for instance, on whether the matches are indoors or out. In my league, the matches are all indoors, and run about $20 per person per match, on top of USTA membership and league fees.

OrangePower
03-24-2009, 02:42 PM
As others have pointed out, costs can vary greatly depending on where the team plays, and how much beer is to be consumed after the match :)

The only part that is relatively fixed is the USTA membership ($40) and the league team fee ($21 per team you join).

Then, you have additional potential costs which will depend on the team:

* Club membership / dues - if applicable
* Court time costs - depending on where the home matches / practices are played
* Cost of balls for home matches (and maybe for team practice sessions also)
* Refreshments for after home matches

As an example, I play on two teams:

For one team, I pay $50 for the season, which includes everything (court time, balls, refreshments).

On the other team, I pay $20 up front for the season, for court time and balls. But then for each home match I play in, I have to bring part of the refreshments (beer / sodas / food item / etc).

(Both of these teams play on public courts so the cost is very reasonable all things considered.)

Your best bet is to just ask the captain up front what you can expect to pay in total for the season (in addition to the USTA fees).

ESP#1
03-24-2009, 06:20 PM
I was just making sure I didn't pay for anything I wasn't supposed to, compared to most recreational activities its rather cheap:D

cknobman
03-25-2009, 06:29 AM
Yearly Membership: $40 ($25 if you find promo code)
League: $25 (per league, there are several different leagues you can play in like regular, mixed, combo, tri-level, etc...)
Court Fees: $8 (per match, this varies widely depending on where you play and your team policies but for me is close to this)
Tournaments: $30 (per tournament, this is purely optional but I usually do a few of these per year)

Total cost of playing usta greatly depends on how much you intend to play. I would say to play the spring league of regular usta its going to be a total cost of around $100 but if you do more than one league or any of the other things I listed you can easily run into $400-500 for a year of usta.

Dont forget all the other indirect costs you will incur playing tennis as well like cost of balls, racquet stringing, gas (I have to travel up to 30 miles for a league match or tournament), shoes (I go through at least 2 pair of these per year), accessories.

Geezer Guy
03-25-2009, 09:21 AM
Here we pay about $20 join a team.
During the Winter League we have to pay $15 court costs (for 2 hours + balls) for every match we play.
During the Summer League we play outdoors for free but provide our own balls.

innoVAShaun
03-25-2009, 09:22 AM
At least your not paying for a family membership ($65), then both league entries (me and the wifey) $55 for me to play mens, $55 for her to play womens, and then $45 each to play mixed!

Man we love the game!?

$55=
League fee: $25
Court Fee: $20
Patrons Membership Fee: $10
+We supply our own balls

"IS THAT YOU GONZO?"

ESP#1
03-25-2009, 04:24 PM
Sup Shaun!!

VBFATA in the house!!