PDA

View Full Version : novak fails to reach SF and murray wins the Miami title-then murray is the new no3

sheq
03-24-2009, 02:21 PM
well ı have realized that if novak fails to reach semifinals and murray wins the title then he will become the new no3 of the world which would be probably much more better and fair..

if it doesnt happen this time then after montecarlo it will be very likely

batz
03-24-2009, 02:25 PM
well ı have realized that if novak fails to reach semifinals and murray wins the title then he will become the new no3 of the world which would be probably much more better and fair..

Murray can also take the number 3 slot if he makes final and Novak goes out in R2 - although that's pretty unlikely.

Cesc Fabregas
03-24-2009, 02:28 PM
Novak doesn't have any points to defend in this tournement so hopefully that can liberate his game and he can get back to his best.

batz
03-24-2009, 02:29 PM
Novak doesn't have any points to defend in this tournement so hopefully that can liberate his game and he can get back to his best.

That's actually a decent shout. Novak could feel unburdened at Miami.

sheq
03-24-2009, 02:30 PM

murray doesnt have either

CocaCola
03-24-2009, 02:31 PM
Only in your dreams...

paulorenzo
03-24-2009, 02:33 PM
murray doesnt have neither

i dont think i have any points to defend either, whew, :D

all joking aside, i would love for djokovic to step it up to go at least par of what he is capable of.

sheq
03-24-2009, 02:35 PM
Only in your dreams...

thats not my dream or wish,, that's a fact and possibility that might happen

Cesc Fabregas
03-24-2009, 02:39 PM
murray doesnt have either

That wasn't my point my point was Djoker isn't coming with the pressure of being the defending champ like he was in Australia and at Indian wells.

batz
03-24-2009, 02:44 PM
Only in your dreams...

Injury apart, it's a near certainty that Murray will take the number 3 slot before Wimbledon IMHO.

Holding on to it will be something else entirely.

Telepatic
03-25-2009, 12:43 AM
thats not my dream or wish

he will become the new no3 of the world which would be probably much more better and fair..

Thats your wish, I dont say Murray is bad player, not at all, but man are some guys here jumping on bandwagon easily..Murrays currently in a form and Novak isnt and it suddenly became "much more better and fair" if Murray becomes #3..:confused:

Lets see Murray on clay and grass, and will he keep it up for next year too, then we`ll see if it is "much more better and fair".. :-|

JediMindTrick
03-25-2009, 07:58 AM
Problem is, for Murray to make the final or win, he has to beat Nadal, which is a long shot. The good news, for Murray at least, is that the Djoker has a lot of points to defend in Monte-Carlo and Rome, so after Rome Murray is almost certain #3.

SikSerb
03-25-2009, 08:04 AM

I like your choice of words man, "liberate his game". You could be right, hopefully right.. Without the burden of defending a title maybe Djokovic will play without pressure which in turn will hopefully let him play some of his fine tennis. Its a big if but one can only hope.

Zaragoza
03-25-2009, 08:25 AM

If Murray wins and Djokovic loses in the semifinals, Murray will be no.3
Djokovic would need to make the final to keep his spot in case Murray wins.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=251797

gj011
03-25-2009, 10:01 AM
I just hope Novak will keep #3 until MC at least, in order to avoid Nadal before the final, since Federer will not be playing there.

Otherwise I don't mind Novak being #3 or #4. It does not make much difference, unless Nadal or Federer are not playing, like in MC.

cknobman
03-25-2009, 10:19 AM
I want Novak to go back to playing like he did this time last year.

Then Id like to see him and Murray face off in the Miami final to see whos better. Both would be in top form and it would be a great match (although Murray's record tends to give the impression that he dosnt play well in finals).

gj011
03-25-2009, 10:23 AM

More better and fair :shock:. This statement is quite biased and outrageous. The player who gets more points in the last 52 weeks will be ahead. It is as simple as that, there is nothing "better" or "unfair" about that.

Spider
03-25-2009, 10:28 AM
I think this might be good for Novak in the long run, it would make him more motivated to get back his ranking from Murray. Also, it would reduce some of the pressure he seemed to be facing (due to Murray's recent records).

But the good thing from Novak's point of view is that the clay season is coming where he is clearly the second best player in the world. So perhaps some consistent performance over there will do him a world of good.

PimpMyGame
03-25-2009, 10:38 AM
Hmmm...Rafa #1, Murray #2, nobody #3 and Federer #4 on current form? More better and fair?

Topaz
03-25-2009, 11:27 AM
I want Novak to go back to playing like he did this time last year.

This time last year he lost in the first round to Kevin Anderson.

dr325i
03-25-2009, 11:30 AM
Problem is, for Murray to make the final or win, he has to beat Nadal, which is a long shot. The good news, for Murray at least, is that the Djoker has a lot of points to defend in Monte-Carlo and Rome, so after Rome Murray is almost certain #3.

WHy don't you put some $$$ on it?

Ripster
03-25-2009, 12:39 PM
I just hope Novak will keep #3 until MC at least, in order to avoid Nadal before the final, since Federer will not be playing there.

Otherwise I don't mind Novak being #3 or #4. It does not make much difference, unless Nadal or Federer are not playing, like in MC.

That's a good point. I'm not going to lose sleep if Novak falls to #4. There isn't a huge difference since the placement of the #3 and 4 seeds at grand slams is completely random so there's an equal chance he'll be in either Federer or Nadal's half and then meeting in the semifinals.

shadows
03-25-2009, 12:41 PM
edit: nvm, it's the same scenario

Leublu tennis
03-25-2009, 12:42 PM
Well, not quite. If Murray wins the title, Djokovic has to get into the finals to keep his #3 spot.

Lets see. "Better" is your opinion but "fair"?? How is that? Is that because he is a Brit or what?

Leublu tennis
03-25-2009, 12:50 PM
i dont think i have any points to defend either, whew, :D

all joking aside, i would love for djokovic to step it up to go at least par of what he is capable of.
Thats funny. And I also would like to see Djokovic playing up to par. He has been below that all year. Now is the time; he has 1000 to defend in Rome next month.

egn
03-25-2009, 06:23 PM
Is at all possible that Murray could still suck on clay?
Murray might do next to nothing on clay and as long as Djokovic makes good runs at all the clay tournaments and French Open i think he can stay number 3. all semis in the clay master series and at the french is good for djoker..I think Djoker can make the final this year if he wins up opposite of Nadal in the draw.

sheq
03-26-2009, 11:37 AM
Well, not quite. If Murray wins the title, Djokovic has to get into the finals to keep his #3 spot.

Lets see. "Better" is your opinion but "fair"?? How is that? Is that because he is a Brit or what?

ı still persist in my opinion..a similar situation happened last summer when nadal had won wimby title everbody was talking about he is the real no 1..

it's like that