PDA

View Full Version : What is Feel To You?

Kris Will
03-07-2005, 12:29 PM
Hey guys...

I have a question. What exactly is feel to you guys? Is it the feel of that trampoline effect when you hit the ball? Is it the sensation of the ball hitting your strings? Do you really like it? I use a vibration dampener all the time to try to get rid of this so call feel. So what is feel to you?

I wanna try the NXG Mid, but all I can hear is that it has no feel, considering what I know to be feel, it sounds like the perfect racquet for me.
What do you think?

BreakPoint
03-07-2005, 12:43 PM
You'll know feel when you feel it. Try a PS 6.0 85 or 95 and you'll know what feel means. It's that orgasmic sensation of the strings caressing the ball and the ball sinking into the stringbed, and then the release of the ball shooting from the strings. Ohhh la la! ;) :lol:

BTW, I liked the feel of the NXG, muted but solid.

Kris Will
03-07-2005, 01:04 PM
Breakpoint...
With a description like that, u must be real good with the ladies... Lol...
Thanks though, I hope I'll get that feeling soon.

Kris.

Grimjack
03-07-2005, 01:13 PM
For me, feel is more or less synonymous with "feedback." It's the degree to which the sensations you get from striking a ball correspond to how correctly (or incorrectly) you have struck it. If you would know with your eyes closed whether your drop shot fell into the net, or dropped in for a winner...if you can tell the instant a down the line backhand is struck whether it paints the line for a winner or goes out...then this is a racquet with "feel."

Me, I can do without it. I just like to stand about a meter behind the baseline and hit everything as hard as I can. Feel is as useful to me as hooters on a bull moose. Play all court much? Then, it's a helluva tool.