PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Bought an LM Radical Recently?

tennisee
03-07-2005, 11:58 AM
I demoed one at a local club and really liked it; now TW's discounted price makes it seem even more attractive. However I had an experience a while ago in which I bought a discounted Warrior from TW and is was .5 oz lighter than specced, and so I wonder if these current LM Radicals will be what I expect. I remember a thread some time ago about some companies changing specs/shifting production near the end of a product's life, and would be interested to hear of anyone's recent experience. Thanks.

Edit - I also asked this question on the TW board and was just told by Chris that there has been no change, which reassured me. I've ordered one, and keenly await its arrival.

radical tourist
03-08-2005, 05:55 PM
Tenissee is a long way from Adelaide, mister. ;-) That's not unusual. Apparently racquet making is not an aerospace-tolerance business. My '98 Rads vary by 10 grams or more, as well as variances in stiffness and swingweight. The same can be said for the other manufacturers as well. I've seen the swingweight on Prince racquets vary from 15 grams under spec to 15 grams over spec. If you order from TW, they can find one that matches or comes close to your desired specs or for a price match it to your desired specs with lead, I think.

bertrevert
03-08-2005, 06:26 PM
They are sub $300AUD now and I bought a couple. So despite my purchasing-bias, no matter what people say about spec variation, rest assured you are getting a quality racquet. I know there is pique at Head's marketing-hype and somewhat questionable technological innovations, however, despite all that, the LM Rad MP is really a very smooth racquet to play with.

But I'd agree with radical tourist and say that I'm finding small variation between the pair I bought. (I cannot completely compare them because one has it's handle made up to size 4 with I think Volkl pallets.)