PDA

View Full Version : O3 Tour 05 Spec's

wao
03-07-2005, 12:07 PM
Just got this from my Prince guy.

It will be out late May

KEY FEATURES
O-PORTS provide a 54% larger sweet zone, better aerodynamics for faster swing speeds.
O-PORT BRIDGE ELASTOMER provides ultimate frame and shock and vibration reduction. Included "P" plug-in damper provides unsurpassed soild feeling.

Length^27

Headsize^100 sq in

Power Level^7 00

Flex^Firm

Cross Section^18mm

Weight^10.5oz/300g unstrung

Balance^13.0in/33.0cm Even Balance

RDC SW. WT^ 315

Pattern^ 16 X 19

Wayne

GermaniumGenie
03-09-2005, 04:17 PM
what is a P plug-in dampener?

gustavo33
03-09-2005, 04:32 PM
100 sq in
300 grams

where did i see that before?

DoubleHanded&LovinIt
03-09-2005, 05:36 PM
gustavo33 are you thinking what I'm thinking...PURE DRIVE. Funny. Maybe the O-holes are supposed to be a substitute for Woofer...?

mido
03-09-2005, 05:39 PM
It seems that it could be 2 models of O3 Tour Mid (97) and MidPlus (102).
The one I saw last weekend had flwg specs and that racquet was about one month old :

MidPlus
Power: 800
Swingweight: 290
Length: 27.0 inches
Unstrung weight 310 grams/ 10.9 oz
Stringing pattern 16 m/18 crosses
Size wasn’t specified but it seems to be about 102 or 103 sq in.

verdasco67
03-09-2005, 08:15 PM
i played with the mid plus the other day......its a good racquet but you must add weight! its too light without weight + feels weird.....

hummer23
03-09-2005, 09:01 PM
i wonder if you could put lead over the holes on the side of the frame. htis could condratict the point of the holes, and maybe it will hurt the aerodynamics of the frame, or maybe, it just wont stick. i dont know why, it just deosnt seem like a real player's frame. do you guys regard it is something you would be interested in buying, if the specs where similar to your own frames?

shiny
03-10-2005, 12:20 PM
Lol. I was seriously thinking about buying the O3 Tour, but after seeing that 10.9 oz weight I can't help but wonder if this is just some gimmick racket or a real racket that a pro would use with little or no modification.

Disclaimer: I probably don't know much about racket technology. I'm working under the assumption that "player's rackets" tend to trade racket-generated-power for control since the "player" can generate their own power. So maybe all pros add weight and therefore this racket will work just as good with some lead tape for all I know.

That said. I am 35 y/o, 5'10", 170 pounds (lean), Full swing (rotate shoulders, push off with legs, wrist snap), Try for massive topspin on forehand, Settle for as much topspin as I can get on backhand or slice high bouncers.

As of now, I am in WAIT FOR REVIEWS mode on the O3 Tour. My feeling is that if a company is going to stray from what seem to be the standard specs of a Full-swing player's racket then they should devote a lot of advertising to explaining why they feel it works despite the variation.

If reliable reviewers consider this a racket good enough for the pros then I will choose it above other player's rackets because the gaping holes are ideal for my stringing method.

GermaniumGenie
03-10-2005, 05:14 PM
Prince is the biggest BS technology company out there. FOR EXAMPLE, THE NXG MID; THAT WAS THE WORST RACQUET I HAVE USED EVER.

GermaniumGenie
03-10-2005, 05:15 PM
However, I guess this racquet is made for customization. The NXG MID was pretty heavy. That could be the new thing; make a racquet that is perfect for you. They give charts and stuff of where to put the lead tape for certain games and stuff. That could be a great marketing trick!

ClemsonTennis9
03-10-2005, 05:19 PM
there is supposed to be a new shark coming out with this 03 tour, i think its called the shark LP or LS, its supposed to be more of a players frame compared to the regular shark