PDA

View Full Version : Mizuno

tailofdog
03-24-2009, 06:57 PM
Ju.st picked up some MIZUno tennis racquets. The 2 from Japan are beautiful to look at but unstrung so i dont know how they hit. One is nothing special to look at (MADE IN TAIWAN) but i took it out for a hit(VERY NICE ) Mizuno Devastator.
Anybody know why Mizuno went out of tennis racquets?

heavy300
03-24-2009, 10:55 PM
Mizuno racquets are still in production, but they decided not to market outside Japan.
http://www.mizuno.jp/tennis/spek.html

plasma
03-25-2009, 09:57 AM
I'd love to try any of the Mizuno lendl types, How did they go from red hot (sponsoring eye-van lhen-dool) to ice cold?

tailofdog
03-25-2009, 06:04 PM
I just got my 4th Mizuno in the mail. I was a little disappointed as i think its metal or metal comp, So i put a grip on it.(WHY DO PEOPLE TAKE OFF GRIPS)
Anyway it doesent look like much and weighs 11.0 oz with its new grip. 18x18 string pattern. So at about 5:30 am i hit against my rebound net with a foam ball. I use this to keep the noise down but to finish up i hit a couple tennis balls to feel the response off the racquet.
I have never felt anything like it. Now consider the strings are crap. I felt no vibration but felt like the whole stringbed was alive. I never had a response from a racquet like this. I will have to take it to the court on sat. to be sure but, i was just in disbelief with how this racquet felt. Its a mid widebody.
Anybody hit with any of the other models?
My sister-in-law took my mid-plus from me. Fell in love with it) It,s a nice racquet just doesen,t feel like this mid.
HEAVY 300 Thanks for the heads up on Mizuno. Almost tempted to try and order one!!

tailofdog
03-28-2009, 06:35 PM
I had a chance to hit with my new Mizuno metal racquet yesterday. I had high hopes for it after feeling the ball off my rebound net. Although it is truly a nice metal racquet, it weighs 11.0 oz but feels lieke 8oz. It still has that beautiful feel but i think you would get pushed around a bit.
So the two Mizuno racquets i have hit with have been impressive. I will buy more when they come up just for myself.