PDA

View Full Version : Saay whatever happend to AUSTRALIAN Tennis players????

wow246
03-24-2009, 11:20 PM
I mean Australia has such a history of great tennis players. I think at least 3 would make the top 10 greatest of all time.

Now tennis players from Australia have disappeared i mean if you look in like last 15 years

You would have Rafter philippoussis and Hewitt.

I mean with such a great history australia have stopped producing tennis pro's now

halalula1234
03-24-2009, 11:31 PM
there no promotion of the sports here.. more children will go for AFL or Cricket cus theres so much popular talk on it and tennis isnt talk about as much. also where i live Qls there used to be tennis court on like most of older houses in like the 70-80's but now with the identical houses and stuff theres no more houses with spaces for a court so swimming pool which uses less space is popular also theres not enough clubs around and a lot of schools dont really talk about it much or let their student do it.

adidas_viking
03-24-2009, 11:59 PM
there no promotion of the sports here.. more children will go for AFL or Cricket cus theres so much popular talk on it and tennis isnt talk about as much. also where i live Qls there used to be tennis court on like most of older houses in like the 70-80's but now with the identical houses and stuff theres no more houses with spaces for a court so swimming pool which uses less space is popular also theres not enough clubs around and a lot of schools dont really talk about it much or let their student do it.

I grew up with a grass court in my back yard west of Brisbane. And loved playing on Hard courts when I trained in the City.. The Milton Tennis Center was my favourie place on earth as a kid!

They are all gone now!

equinox
03-25-2009, 12:12 AM
Just walked the dog past an oval full of afterschool kids participating in footy training. Going past most local tennis courts there's nothing similar.

phoenicks
03-25-2009, 12:20 AM
when you have so many great australian coaches, past champions, it says a lot about how screwed up the current system is, and how defunct is the Australian tennis association.

petetheileet
03-26-2009, 03:08 PM
Tennis NSW and Tennis Australia is run by a bunch of gumby's

Tennis NSW in particular, that is why the medibank international had to be taken over by Tennis Australia.

We have had plenty of talent over the last 5 years, however they cannot get them from being the best 16yr old in the country to a top pro...

A lot of guys especially get lost to the game around the 16/17yr old mark.

Tennis Australia also only pick a handful to give scholarships to, and dont always pick the most talented players, rather only pick guys over 6'2 and have a big serve.

timnz
03-26-2009, 04:11 PM
Tennis Australia also only pick a handful to give scholarships to, and dont always pick the most talented players, rather only pick guys over 6'2 and have a big serve.

Wow if you are right, that is really bad and shortsighted. According to that if Federer and Nadal had been Aussi's they wouldn't have got a scholarship (both being shorter than 6'2).