PDA

View Full Version : Head Trisys 300

Radical Shot
03-25-2009, 07:20 PM
Woohoo!

I just purchased a near-mint Trisys 300, strung it up with Topspin Cyberflash at 53lbs and went out for a hit.

Awesome! I've always wanted to know what would happen if you crossed a Wilson Pro Staff 6.0.85 with a Volkl C10 Pro and a Yonex head shape.

I pretty sure I found the answer in what is essentially a Head Prestige.

It can serve just as well as the 6.0.85, is soft and flexible like the C10 Pro, has a slightly elongated head shape like a Yonex and has more plow-thru than a the Tour90.

Galain, if you're reading this, I've been on the lookout for one of these ever since I hit with your Prestige. Happy to say that I'm now hooked on these.

Can't wait to try it out with my beloved Luxilon Ace 18g.

RS.

roundiesee
03-25-2009, 09:07 PM
RS, welcome to the club! :) I also recently switched to a PC600. I assume yours has a suspension handle. May I ask if you can compare the feel of a PC600 with the Trisys 300? Does the suspension handle rattle in any way, and dampens the impact of the ball? Thanks!

Radical Shot
03-25-2009, 10:55 PM
roundiesee, yes, it does have a suspension handle, although I'm not sure what that does... There are definately no rattles - in fact, this racquet seems to be completely vibrationless, which it one of the great characteristics about it. No matter how you hit the ball, you always get a very plush, comfortable, solid hit. No twists on off-centre shots, no twangs, no shakes - nothing but plow thru.

I cannot really compare with a PC600 as I don't own one and it's been too long ago since I played with one. I can say this however...from the very first hit of the Trisys, I knew that I had found that feeling that I first loved when I tried the Prestige series, the first of which was the iPrestige.

I would love to gather the entire Prestige line together in onc hitting session and really get to the bottom of which is the best...

Deuce
03-26-2009, 12:15 AM
The Suspension Grip handle doesn't so much rattle as squeeks... kind of like an old rocking chair.

Also - if your Trisys 300 had a head shape like a Yonex, it certainly ain't in "near-mint" condition!

Radical Shot
03-26-2009, 04:25 AM
No rattles, no squeaks! No worries.

Actually, my reference the Yonex head shape is that it seems to be more longer than wide - not in a deformation sense, it just doesn't seem as traditionally shaped as others.

pshulam
03-27-2009, 05:33 PM
Default Head Trisys 300
Woohoo!

I just purchased a near-mint Trisys 300, strung it up with Topspin Cyberflash at 53lbs and went out for a hit.

How much did you pay for the racket? I have seen prices over $200. The demand for this racket, I assume, is high. Is it really worth the price? I guess it is based on supply vs. demand theory. Someone is willing to pay - it's simply what the market will bear.

Ronaldo
03-27-2009, 05:43 PM
Want a loooooong racquethead? Try the Fischer Pro Classic 90.

Radical Shot
03-27-2009, 05:47 PM
I paid about au$120 for it. The guy I bought it off said that he sold it for a friend who purchased it for $1 at a second hand shop. It had busted natural gut strings in it at the time.

Worth it? Absolutely. This racquet plays unbelievably well. It cost less than a new racquet, and I cannot imagine that one of the new Prestiges hitting any better. I'm keen to find out now.

The thing is, it's in such mint condition that I'm not sure whether to keep playing with it, or simply retire it and buy a new Prestige. I guess I would part with it if I could get 2 new Prestiges for the price ;-)

pshulam
03-27-2009, 06:28 PM
I paid about au$120 for it.
That's a good price. Enjoy it. You are right - it's cheaper than a newer model Prestige and probably has a better feel.