PDA

View Full Version : Tennis REALLY need DJOKOVIC to stad up!!!!!

wow246
03-25-2009, 09:34 PM
He got the talent to make it a 4 horse race.

TO attract more people as well as keep the matches interesting tennis need more ppl dominating than nadal/federer/murray.

As things go atm gettin quite boring nadal/fed grand slam final nadal/murray in everthign else.

Djokovic should shake few tournaments up get his confidence back and start winning to make tennis interesting!!!

maverick66
03-25-2009, 09:38 PM
what tennis needs is another mccenroe. you can say all you want about the guy but he put people in the seats. he got television deals for the tour. you need a star thats brash and cocky and on tv. you have to contend with all the other sports and everyone at the top is so content to be nice to each other or make little comments about each other instead of making huge scenes and get excitment back in the game.

VictorS.
03-25-2009, 10:12 PM
This tennis season is a long grind. I definitely think Indian Wells/Miami is a big part of the season however there's plenty of time for Djokovic to get back on track. Heck, the guy just won Dubai a few weeks ago & you're talking like he's fallen off. Last time I checked he is the #3 right now.

Dilettante
03-25-2009, 10:31 PM
Djokovic is doing alright, but you can't expect from every player to win everything all the time.

As VictorS said, Djokovic is still Top Ten, it's not like he dropped to #350 or something. He will be around for a while.

adidas_viking
03-26-2009, 12:00 AM
Djoker is a cry baby.. The less of him we see the better in my opinion...

All-rounder
03-26-2009, 02:14 AM
This tennis season is a long grind. I definitely think Indian Wells/Miami is a big part of the season however there's plenty of time for Djokovic to get back on track. Heck, the guy just won Dubai a few weeks ago & you're talking like he's fallen off. Last time I checked he is the #3 right now.
yes with no nadal federer or murray what happens if one of the players was in this tournament

miyagi
03-26-2009, 05:16 AM
he may just peak at from the middle of the year onwards.....

The season is long Nadal hadn't done too well at this point last year but look how he finished the year...

I think he just needs a big win to get the monkey off his back and he will be top form again!

Leublu tennis
03-26-2009, 06:15 AM
This tennis season is a long grind. I definitely think Indian Wells/Miami is a big part of the season however there's plenty of time for Djokovic to get back on track. Heck, the guy just won Dubai a few weeks ago & you're talking like he's fallen off. Last time I checked he is the #3 right now.He is in 3d because of the huge lead he had on Murray after last year. Murray is catching up quickly while Djokovic is threading water. He has been off all year. A little better now but way below his previous year. Don't know why or what he can do about it but he is aware of it and has referred to it in the past. E.g. his lower level of play this year.
Dubai was a bit of a fluke. Federer, Nadal, and Verdasco were out and Roddick was busy politicking. Murray got knocked off by Gasquet, of all people, so there wasn't really serious competition.

VictorS.
03-26-2009, 06:20 AM
he may just peak at from the middle of the year onwards.....

The season is long Nadal hadn't done too well at this point last year but look how he finished the year...

I think he just needs a big win to get the monkey off his back and he will be top form again!

If I remember correctly (in 2008 ), Nadal actually was bageled in a tournament in India right before the Australian Open, losing to Youzhny 6-0, 6-1. Then he lost to Tsonga at the Aussie in straights. Experts like Brad Gilbert were calling for his demise. Gilbert even said he had "lost a step." My was he wrong.

Telepatic
03-26-2009, 06:31 AM
He need big win to gain some motivation I think.

batz
03-26-2009, 07:52 AM
He is in 3d because of the huge lead he had on Murray after last year. Murray is catching up quickly while Djokovic is threading water. He has been off all year. A little better now but way below his previous year. Don't know why or what he can do about it but he is aware of it and has referred to it in the past. E.g. his lower level of play this year.
Dubai was a bit of a fluke. Federer, Nadal, and Verdasco were out and Roddick was busy politicking. Murray got knocked off by Gasquet, of all people, so there wasn't really serious competition.

Murray got knocked of by a virus, but I agree with your broad point.

SikSerb
03-26-2009, 07:56 AM
He need big win to gain some motivation I think.

But first he needs some motivation in order to be able to play tennis worthy enough of accomplishing a big win. We'll see how he goes in Miami, I doubt he can be any worse than what he was in Indian Wells.