PDA

View Full Version : RadicalTourists Great Review!!!

gmlasam
03-07-2005, 06:12 PM
I was looking at the Liquid Metal Radicals, and happen to see your review at the bottom. Great review comparing it with the NXG and POGOS.

For those who want to read the review its HERE!!!!!!!!!! (http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/playtests/RTOUR01.html)

ragnaROK
03-07-2005, 06:26 PM
did somebody say radical terrorists?

I've heard some people preferring that over the lm prestige.

BreakPoint
03-07-2005, 08:19 PM
gmlasam,
Are you and RadicalTourist one and the same person? ;)

gmlasam
03-07-2005, 09:04 PM
gmlasam,
Are you and RadicalTourist one and the same person? ;)
Hmmmmm......you mean there is another one like me??? OMG!!!!!! ;)

radical tourist
03-08-2005, 06:48 PM
I know of no one who could qualify as one in the same with me, although I do have multiple personality disorder when it comes to racquets. Postscript to that review: I bought and sold a LM Rad OS before that review. I bought an NXG OS after that review. The '98 Rad OS remains my starting lineup. I'm looking forward to trying the FpRad OS at some (flex)point soon.

gmlasam
03-08-2005, 07:50 PM
I know of no one who could qualify as one in the same with me, although I do have multiple personality disorder when it comes to racquets. Postscript to that review: I bought and sold a LM Rad OS before that review. I bought an NXG OS after that review. The '98 Rad OS remains my starting lineup. I'm looking forward to trying the FpRad OS at some (flex)point soon.
My favorite Radical is also the 1998 twintube OS, very buttery feeling, lots of pop and has the sweetest sweetspot in a racquet that I have ever played with.

I have a 98 radical mid, but the OS is the best feeling between the two.

Did the LM Rad even come close to how the 98 felt?

bertrevert
03-08-2005, 08:07 PM
very buttery feeling

I realise you are perhaps a long-time Head player but as a recent convert to the LM Rad MP I have to say that one of the things I find is that it has a 'soft buttery feel'. So, coming from other racquets, it feels like to me that the Head's, even the recent ones, do have this feel. What I mean is that it's relative. I cannot compare to the 1998 frame, like you can, and though you perhaps miss taht same feel in the recent ones, but to me, the 2004 Radical has indeed that soft buttery feel. It's great, and I really like it. I think your description fits for sure.

bertrevert
03-08-2005, 08:58 PM
radical tourist good work with the review. Is it reading too much into it to say that you really dislike Head's onward march of technologies, and really hate their marketing hype?