PDA

View Full Version : roddick in 2003/04 v roddick 2008/09

roddickfan90
03-26-2009, 01:58 PM
i reckon roddick in 03/04 would beat 08/09................but then again, they are both completely different now.

2003/04 roddick - big serve,huge forehand, powerful backhand, good volleys.
2008/09 roddick - big serve - better % on groundies, **** volleys though and recently great fitness and movement.

i would still say 03/04 would win.......because he was better back then (I FEEL), but the interesting thing is how his game just completely changed, they both had completely different weapons.

who do u reckon would win

deltox
03-26-2009, 02:02 PM
the 03/04 roddick couldnt handle the current roddicks conditioning and new improved service game imo.

clayman2000
03-26-2009, 02:07 PM
As a roddick fan since 2001, i can say that i would much rather see the "new roddick" than the old version. The "old andy" looks good on video clips becuase he could hit a lot of winners from the ground. But, he made a lot of UE's, didnt have a good 2ns serve and had no mental strength

The old roddick i would say could have taken Federer at the AO this year, but at the same time could of easily folded to Djokovic in the quarters after loosing the 1st set

welcome2petrkordaland
03-26-2009, 02:10 PM
to me it's obvious the competition is much tougher now than then and roddick is playing his best tennis ever. that's right. over the last five years, we've seen the rise of federer and nadal (two players who seem well on their way to rewriting the tennis history books in different ways) as well as an overall improvement (or at worst more focus on training for better movement) in movement among top players.

Roddick's volleys, service VARIETY, slice, movement/fitness, and bh dtl are much better.