PDA

View Full Version : It's obvious how to beat Nadal

Pages : [1] 2

RalphNYC
03-26-2009, 05:01 PM
Pros would do well to watch the 2008 Masters Series Rome match where Nadal was handily beaten by Ferraro 5-7, 1-6.

Nadal wasn't playing badly, he was beat. And he was in the midst of perhaps one of the greatest tennis seasons of all time
(had just won Monte Carlo and Barcelona then won consecutively in Hamburg, Roland Garros, Queens, Wimbledon, Rogers Cup, then semi'd in Cinci, won the Olympics, then semi'd at the US Open)

How did Ferrero do it?

Simple:

1. Keep the ball in play - many of the rallies go more than 10 hits, Nadal always goes the distance on every ball. You must be prepared to hit many balls with him on many points. Few can do this without errors building up.
2. Have no weak side. Ferrero hits his FH and BH as hard as he can on every shot, throwing his whole body weight into it and generating winners off either wing even when off balance. Nadal is the master of breaking down your weakness. Easy solution: have no weakness.
3. In addition to your FH weapon, have a rock solid BH that you can defend from behind the baseline and hit winners or winner setups from in front of the baseline. Be able to hit some winners with the BH from behind the baseline while on the run and way off the court.
4. Hit hard, deep and/or extreme angle shots - always. Ferrero hit deep hard angles mixed up with deep fast down-the-lines, he eventually pulled Nadal off the court on many points and set up for winners and errors.
5. Have a rock solid serve and get a lot of easy points on serve.
6. Return from deep behind the baseline and get it back deep with topspin.
7. Leave no short balls in the middle of the court for Nadal to devour, ever.
8. Move inside the baseline at every opportunity, not necessarily all the way to net, but make sure to viciously attack any shorter ball.
9. Don't be afraid when serving on break point. Ferrero saved 5 of 5 in the match.
10. Run like Achilles on every ball for hours on end.

RalphNYC
03-26-2009, 05:05 PM
Oh wait, this sounds like how Nadal beats every player on tour week in and week out!

oneguy21
03-26-2009, 05:06 PM
Nadal had sore feet then. There is no way to beat Nadal on clay.

Breaker
03-26-2009, 05:08 PM
Really that's not simple at all, it takes a lot to be able to keep all of that up for a full match, especially 3 out of 5.

All of those attributes you mentioned are why Ferrero got to number 1 in the world and won a Roland Garros title himself, not many players have the ability to perform at that level on a consistent basis.

*waits for first "nadal was injured" comment...

Leonidas
03-26-2009, 05:08 PM
Pros would do well to watch the 2008 Masters Series Rome match where Nadal was handily beaten by Ferraro 5-7, 1-6.

Nadal wasn't playing badly, he was beat. And he was in the midst of perhaps one of the greatest tennis seasons of all time
(had just won Monte Carlo and Barcelona then won consecutively in Hamburg, Roland Garros, Queens, Wimbledon, Rogers Cup, then semi'd in Cinci, won the Olympics, then semi'd at the US Open)

How did Ferrero do it?

Simple:

1. Keep the ball in play - many of the rallies go more than 10 hits, Nadal always goes the distance on every ball. You must be prepared to hit many balls with him on many points. Few can do this without errors building up.
2. Have no weak side. Ferrero hits his FH and BH as hard as he can on every shot, throwing his whole body weight into it and generating winners off either wing even when off balance. Nadal is the master of breaking down your weakness. Easy solution: have no weakness.
3. In addition to your FH weapon, have a rock solid BH that you can defend from behind the baseline and hit winners or winner setups from in front of the baseline. Be able to hit some winners with the BH from behind the baseline while on the run and way off the court.
4. Hit hard, deep and/or extreme angle shots - always. Ferrero hit deep hard angles mixed up with deep fast down-the-lines, he eventually pulled Nadal off the court on many points and set up for winners and errors.
8. Move inside the baseline at every opportunity, not necessarily all the way to net, but make sure to viciously attack any shorter ball.
9. Don't be afraid when serving on break point. Ferrero saved 5 of 5 in the match.
lmao thats one the funniest threads ive read. its like saying: its easy to beat Nadal. Hit every single ball on the line, every serve at 140 mph and run fastest than usain bolt. are u taking the ****?

Satch
03-26-2009, 05:21 PM
nadal was injured :P

svijk
03-26-2009, 05:21 PM
Wow, are u serious man!!
You make it sound simple and obvious and then come up with 10 points....most of which are hard to execute (thats the keyword).

Looks like you enjoyed the match last night on TC and let the excitement get to you...your thread is just a knee jerk reaction.

Serve_Ace
03-26-2009, 05:31 PM
Simon did it in Madrid SF 08

NLBwell
03-26-2009, 05:41 PM
Also sounds a lot like Ferrer at the US Open in 2007. It is just going to be extremely rare that someone can do that.

tudwell
03-26-2009, 05:43 PM
How to beat Nadal: Be better than him.

It's so simple!

nadalfan!
03-26-2009, 05:43 PM
Actually, the easiest way to beat Nadal is what Tsonga did at the 2008 AO. Keep the rallies short and try to run to the net as much as possible. There's no way to out do Nadal at the baseline.

Mungo73
03-26-2009, 05:47 PM
haha Nadal was injured thats why Ferrero won

we know it, you know it and ferrero knows it

ridiculous thread

Serve_Ace
03-26-2009, 05:48 PM
That's just an excuse

Nadal_Freak
03-26-2009, 05:55 PM
Nadal never looked so injured. He was tanking. All his shots looked like they were deliberately weak to let Ferrero finish the point. Nadal decided he couldn't play 4 weeks straight. He had to tank somewhere or withdraw.

RalphNYC
03-26-2009, 05:57 PM
He had the best season of his life, he wasn't injured badly - and if he was, it didn't stop him for doing what I quoted he did. I don't get why people here don't take the slight tounge-and-cheek tone of my original post. It should be obvious, but isn't, that one hand I'm serious about what it takes to beat him, but on the other hand I'm saying its nearly impossible. Let's not get into how Nadal was feeling. Watch the match, and you'll see how to beat Nadal. It ain't easy!

Serve_Ace
03-26-2009, 06:00 PM
He had the best season of his life, he wasn't injured badly - and if he was, it didn't stop him for doing what I quoted he did. I don't get why people here don't take the slight tounge-and-cheek tone of my original post. It should be obvious, but isn't, that one hand I'm serious about what it takes to beat him, but on the other hand I'm saying its nearly impossible. Let's not get into how Nadal was feeling. Watch the match, and you'll see how to beat Nadal. It ain't easy!

They're just making up excuses, Simon beat Nadal in Madrid 08 so yeah, it's not impossible.

Nadal_Freak
03-26-2009, 06:02 PM
They're just making up excuses, Simon beat Nadal in Madrid 08 so yeah, it's not impossible.
That was on a fast surface. Big difference between that and clay.

Serve_Ace
03-26-2009, 06:05 PM

oh yeah, lol my fault my fault i didn't read the whole post

Mungo73
03-26-2009, 06:09 PM
That's just an excuse

nah its an excuse to say he wasnt injured

huge foot blister. he couldnt move

it was his third straight week playing. atp screwed clay season

ferrero would get destroyed by a healthy nadal

The Don
03-26-2009, 06:26 PM
easier said then done :D

roundiesee
03-26-2009, 06:39 PM
LOL! Do you realise what you just listed is almost impossible to do with any degree of consistency in a best of 5-set match at the FO? Of course, there's no harm in trying........ :)

Morrissey
03-26-2009, 06:47 PM

How did Ferrero do it?

Simple:

Um, you DO realize that Nadal blew out a golf ball sized blister during that match right? He didn't quit to give JCF the proper victory. That could be the main reason Nadal lost.
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2008/0511/ten_a_nadal_200.jpg

tomas9848
03-26-2009, 07:27 PM
YEah good luck with someone beating him.

Butters!
03-26-2009, 07:40 PM

How did Ferrero do it?

Simple:

Wow, if anyone saw this list I think they would give up before even stepping foot on court. :shock:

darkestlights
03-26-2009, 07:44 PM
Best way to beat Nadal: Stuff up his drink bottles =D.

BorisBeckerFan
03-26-2009, 07:47 PM
The plan is simple. Excecuting the plan is not.

hotseat
03-26-2009, 07:48 PM
How did Ferrero do it?

Simple:

Nadal is the master of breaking down your weakness. Easy solution: have no weakness.

wow, very insightful. i'll have to remember that plan and how easy of a solution that is next time some part in my game is being broken down! thanks so much for the help!!

.................................................. ................

veroniquem
03-26-2009, 07:48 PM

How did Ferrero do it?

Simple:

And make sure he has a big hole in his foot :roll:

veroniquem
03-26-2009, 07:50 PM
Wow, if anyone saw this list I think they would give up before even stepping foot on court. :shock:
:lol::lol:
10 chars

BorisBeckerFan
03-26-2009, 08:01 PM
Man, I just re-read your list and Butters is right. I would just head back to the locker room. Fortunately Nadal is beatable. It's just not likely. I've said this on other posts and I'll say it again, Nadal is deserving of all the praise he's getting but some people act like he's on a 50 match win streak. He's had his share of losses over the last 6 months.

OliverSimon
03-26-2009, 08:04 PM
its not that easy man..basically you sumed up for a playing being perfect.. a player can't play a match with zero unforced errors!!

OliverSimon
03-26-2009, 08:05 PM
easier said then done :D
you couldn't put it better

Mansewerz
03-26-2009, 08:06 PM
Nadal is overflowing with confidence right now. I still believe that a good attacking player, like a serve and volleyer, or a non-choking Nalbandian, would give Nadal fits.

Unfortunately, these kind of players are hard to come by these days. Patience also helps.

NotSoSuper
03-26-2009, 08:06 PM
Lets see you do it then.

Sentinel
03-26-2009, 08:08 PM
Nadal was blistered, right. Only way to beat him if he's injured.

miniRafa386
03-26-2009, 08:16 PM

How did Ferrero do it?

Simple:

so basically tree out of your mind? yea....thats how you beat every player

Okazaki Fragment
03-26-2009, 08:21 PM
It's obvious how to beat Nadal

I hear he's weak against bee stings.

Ballinbob
03-26-2009, 08:40 PM
Nadal is overflowing with confidence right now. I still believe that a good attacking player, like a serve and volleyer, or a non-choking Nalbandian, would give Nadal fits.

Unfortunately, these kind of players are hard to come by these days. Patience also helps.

I agree. I would really like to see how Lopez or Stepanek at their best would do against Nadal. Both are really good volleyers and I think on fast courts could really do some damage. I really don't think staying at the baseline is going to do you much good against Nadal, yet for some reason players don't try new things. Tsonga,Nalbandian, and a red hot Gulbis are the only 3 players that I can see doing anything from the baseline b/c they both hit hard and flat, something you don't really see nowadays...

I think an attacking player like those above can beat Nadal on the faster surfaces as long as they're playing well.

On Clay is a whole different story...

Nadal_Freak
03-26-2009, 08:44 PM
I agree. I would really like to see how Lopez or Stepanek at their best would do against Nadal. Both are really good volleyers and I think on fast courts could really do some damage. I really don't think staying at the baseline is going to do you much good against Nadal, yet for some reason players don't try new things. Tsonga,Nalbandian, and a red hot Gulbis are the only 3 players that I can see doing anything from the baseline b/c they both hit hard and flat, something you don't really see nowadays...

I think an attacking player like those above can beat Nadal on the faster surfaces as long as they're playing well.

On Clay is a whole different story...
http://www.atpworldtour.com/tennis/3/en/players/headtohead/default.asp?playernum1=N409&playernum2=L397

adidas_viking
03-26-2009, 08:45 PM
Just kick his damn bottles over..

Pretty simple really.. He wouldn't be able to get over that in a hurry!

It just amazes me, that no one has done that to him yet?

Or have they?

Nadal_Freak
03-26-2009, 08:53 PM
Just kick his damn bottles over..

Pretty simple really.. He wouldn't be able to get over that in a hurry!

It just amazes me, that no one has done that to him yet?

Or have they?
No one wants to get kicked out or even worse things could happen from such an aggressive display. Unless you are joking. Then I guess I don't have much humor for these displays. Sorry.

adidas_viking
03-26-2009, 09:00 PM
No one wants to get kicked out or even worse things could happen from such an aggressive display. Unless you are joking. Then I guess I don't have much humor for these displays. Sorry.

I don't think you have much of anything...

Anyway, if I was playing him. Then you know at the start when he sits there for 30 minutes getting ready, and the umpire and opponant are standing there waiting for him to get ready. I would whisper in the umpires ear that I will kick them there bottles over at the change..

You know what I think the umpire would say to me?

Give you $10 bucks if you do!!:lol:

Ballinbob
03-26-2009, 09:08 PM
http://www.atpworldtour.com/tennis/3/en/players/headtohead/default.asp?playernum1=N409&playernum2=L397

Yeah good post you proved me wrong. I was just throwing it out there.

But doesn't it make sense to attack the net vs Nadal? Because it's obvious that playing at the baseline won't work. Or maybe I'm just stupid idk lol

I'm just trying to make sense out of this to myself. But is it a good idea to go to the net against Nadal if you had good volleys (Rafter like)? I'll admit I don't follow pro tennis too much but I'm an avid player and I want to know what you guys think of rushing the net against Nadal

oneguy21
03-26-2009, 09:11 PM
Yeah good post you proved me wrong. I was just throwing it out there.

But doesn't it make sense to attack the net vs Nadal? Because it's obvious that playing at the baseline won't work. Or maybe I'm just stupid idk lol

I'm just trying to make sense out of this to myself. But is it a good idea to go to the net against Nadal if you had good volleys (Rafter like)? I'll admit I don't follow pro tennis too much but I'm an avid player and I want to know what you guys think of rushing the net against Nadal

He's a dangerous passer. Also, if you want to volley against him you better get close to the net b/c his balls dip - all three of them when he hits a passing shot - ok bad joke.

tkramer15
03-26-2009, 09:18 PM
Yeah I understand that the original post was supposed to be somewhat light hearted and sarcastic, but Nadal was clearly nowhere near 100% last year in Rome. It was the rare occasion that Nadal was obviously worn out. He had played a lot of matches in the past couple of months, including back-to-back title runs in Monte Carlo and Barcelona the previous two weeks. Ferrero was on his game that day, but Nadal was suffering from major blister problems and was not moving well. Though Ferrero beat Nadal in Cincinnati in '06, their other six meetings were all won comfortably by Nadal in straight sets.

carlos djackal
03-26-2009, 09:31 PM

How did Ferrero do it?

Simple:

these are all true pointers on how to beat Nadal......basically just like how Gilles Simon did when he beat Nadal last year.......going to Ferrero match with all due respect Nadal got a a severe case of blisters which affected his movement....

adidas_viking
03-26-2009, 09:52 PM
Or you could just slice everything on both sides..

Connors would have given Nadal a whole lot of trouble..

Hot Sauce
03-26-2009, 09:54 PM
Yeah, it's obvious.

http://loot-ninja.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/gears-lancer.jpg

fednad
03-26-2009, 11:48 PM

How did Ferrero do it?

Simple:

Your point is right. But think over it.
If you can play like that you can beat anyone, not only Nadal.

TheNatural
03-27-2009, 12:22 AM
Nadal has improved,so regardless of whether he was injured or not,what worked a year ago or even months ago, won't work now.

Playing Nadal is getting harder, says Murray (http://sport.scotsman.com/tennis/Playing-Nadal-is-getting-harder.5100980.jp)

24 march 09

ANDY Murray has high hopes for the Miami Masters but thinks his conqueror in Indian Wells, Rafael Nadal, is getting increasingly difficult to play against.
The world No 4 comes into this week's event in Florida in fine form, having defeated Roger Federer on the way to the final of the BNP Paribas Open in California despite claiming he viewed it simply as a warm-up for Miami following the virus which forced him out of Britain's Davis Cup tie against Ukraine.

But he came unstuck 6-1, 6-2 in the final against a rampant Nadal to end a two-match winning sequence against the Spaniard, who picked up his 13th Masters title.

And Murray thinks the world No 1 is still improving, posing a greater obstacle than ever to his title aspirations.

"When I played him in the past, he's always been incredibly tough, but the thing I felt when I played him was you have a chance to play," said the Scot.

"He moves around so well and he has improved his game by using more slice, coming to the net better, and his backhand is better. He's doing everything better."

Despite the defeat, Murray's appearance in the final represents another achievement in what has been a successful 2009 so far, with victories in the Qatar and Rotterdam Opens already to his name.

Beyond Miami, another major target for the 22-year-old is the Aegon Championships at London's Queen's Club in June where he will attempt to win his first title on grass to give himself the perfect preparation for Wimbledon.

"Grass is a good surface for me and obviously it would mean a lot to me to win a tournament at home," said Murray, announcing his participation on the official Aegon Championships website.

"All the guys that have played well at Queen's tend to have gone on to do well at Wimbledon so it's a good marker to see where your game is at.

"The tournament has got an unbelievable history and all the guys use it as pretty much the perfect preparation for Wimbledon. I think this year I've got a good chance of doing well."

Murray made his debut at the event four years ago, marking his appearance with victories over Santiago Ventura and Taylor Dent in only the second and third ATP matches of his career. He then pushed former Australian Open champion Thomas Johansson all the way before losing 7-6 (7-1), 6-7 (5-7), 7-5.

"I really enjoy playing on grass – it's a different sort of challenge to the rest of the year. We play so much on hard courts and clay that it's nice to have a change of scenery on the tennis court," added Murray.

Last year, Murray was forced to withdraw ahead of his quarter-final clash with Andy Roddick because of a thumb injury, but he credits his performances in earlier rounds as the launchpad for a run of form which took him to the Wimbledon quarter-finals, the ATP 1000 title in Cincinnati, and the US Open final in September.

"It was actually pretty much from Queen's onwards that I started to play really well (last year)," said Murray.

How did Ferrero do it?

Simple:

BreakPoint
03-27-2009, 01:15 AM

How did Ferrero do it?

Simple:

Sounds very similar to what Nalbandian does to Nadal, so I guess it works. :)

BreakPoint
03-27-2009, 01:18 AM
haha Nadal was injured thats why Ferrero won

ridiculous thread
I saw the match last year and Nadal sure didn't play like he was injured. He played pretty much the same as he always does. I certainly didn't notice anything that was hindering him. He plays with foot and knee problems all the time, as do many other pros.

BreakPoint
03-27-2009, 01:23 AM

Nadal was blistered, right. Only way to beat him if he's injured.
Then how did Federer beat Nadal on clay at '07 Hamburg Masters?

Sentinel
03-27-2009, 01:27 AM
i was talking about current form, Sir BP.

Like it or not, the dude is unbeatable at the mo.

The-Champ
03-27-2009, 01:28 AM
Playing Nadal is getting harder, says Murray (http://sport.scotsman.com/tennis/Playing-Nadal-is-getting-harder.5100980.jp)

24 march 09

ANDY Murray has high hopes for the Miami Masters but thinks his conqueror in Indian Wells, Rafael Nadal, is getting increasingly difficult to play against.
The world No 4 comes into this week's event in Florida in fine form, having defeated Roger Federer on the way to the final of the BNP Paribas Open in California despite claiming he viewed it simply as a warm-up for Miami following the virus which forced him out of Britain's Davis Cup tie against Ukraine.

He viewed it as a warm-up event and destroyed Federer in the process. Murray is cool!

The-Champ
03-27-2009, 01:30 AM

Rafa was tired. Just like when fed was tired when novak beat him at AO 2008

verbatim100
03-27-2009, 01:39 AM

He was exhausted playing week in week out just before the FO. The world then was making a huge fuss about Nadal's record on clay. He needed to break the media hype to reduce an enormous pressure put on him a week before the start of the FO.

BreakPoint
03-27-2009, 01:46 AM
Rafa was tired. Just like when fed was tired when novak beat him at AO 2008
Federer wasn't tired. He had mono which could have killed him (but he only played because at the time he didn't know that's what he had).

BreakPoint
03-27-2009, 01:48 AM
i was talking about current form, Sir BP.

Like it or not, the dude is unbeatable at the mo.
OK, I see. But I'd say Nalbandian's five match points say otherwise. :shock:

The-Champ
03-27-2009, 01:51 AM
Federer wasn't tired. He had mono which could have killed him (but he only played because at the time he didn't know that's what he had).

Doesn't mono make you tired though? I've never had mono myself, but I've heard it drains you of energy

aldeayeah
03-27-2009, 01:59 AM
That was a really close match.

On the other hand, Nadal beat Simon back in the AO. It was pretty close too, although it was in straight sets.

Nadal matches up badly with people who grind better than him.

I wouldn't count the Tsonga/Verdasco/Monfils/Federer/Nalbandian A-game types because they're a bad matchup for everybody, not just Nadal.

BreakPoint
03-27-2009, 02:07 AM
Doesn't mono make you tired though? I've never had mono myself, but I've heard it drains you of energy
Yes, but he wasn't tired from playing tennis. The AO comes after two months off and lots of rest. He had a severe illness.

velkov
03-27-2009, 02:41 AM

How did Ferrero do it?

Simple:

does it mean that ferrero is the best ??? once he won by chance - so what ??

Tennis_Monk
03-27-2009, 03:55 AM
Unbeatable is a strong word. Every ATP player is beatable.
No matter how focussed you are, there will be some losses. The other guy might be having his day of the life or one might be playing sub par due to off day /injuries etc.

To me , if someone plays 70-80 matches a year/wins a bunch of grandslams and only loses a few matches a year, it is considered a GREAT year.

The top 4 players are called top 4 for a reason. when their game is on (usually it is because thats why they are top 4), it is next to impossible to beat them.

I am sorry--- for pointing out the obvious...

RalphNYC
03-27-2009, 04:22 AM
My point was that to beat Nadal you have to do those things, and its clear that everyone who beats him does those things - like Ferrero, Simon and Tsonga recently. But anyone who can pull off those 10 things in a given match is having quite possibly the best match of their life. It's nearly impossibly to accomplish those 10 things. Federer almost never does, nor does Murray or Djokovic or Simon, Tsonga or Ferrero. But on the rare occasion that someone pulls it off, like Ferrero did in Rome *on clay* in 2008, well that was pure magic, and it was incredibly beautiful tennis to behold.

Gen
03-27-2009, 05:06 AM

How did Ferrero do it?

Simple:

Do you watch matches at all or waste all your time blabbering here? Everyone who watched this match saw Nada's feet, camera was making a closeup on it. You haven't seen it, expert. At least, hopefully you can read.

Rafael Nadal after his loss to Juan Carlos Ferrero at the press conference
7-5, 6-1

May 7, 2008
Rome Tennis Masters

Q. When did you first start feeling the problem with the foot?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, the Sunday in the night. When I wake up for 6:00 in the morning for come here, I put the foot on the floor and I can't put the foot on the floor. So I call the trainer for my trainer for come to the room and put something for can go to the airport, and I did.

Q. So you were in pain when you were moving, when you were running on the court, were you?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, you know, it's very difficult prepare in a match, you know. For sure Juan Carlos is a very tough opponent.
So especially if you are playing Masters Series and you are not 100%, it's impossible win the matches, no? Especially in this tournament. Every match is very tough and Juan Carlos is a very good player, so congratulate him. Today I wasn't play my best tennis, so I the true is I didn't feel very good on court. I can't put the legs on the floor with my power. I can't put the ball long, so every time I play very short because I don't have power in the legs. Because I have this point the point behind the foot, pain, so it was tough for me to. But anyway, I happy about my attitude: try to go on court and try to try my best.

Q. Were you close to not play? Were you hesitating not to play?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, today in the morning when I wake up I say it's impossible to play, no? Later, I come here, prepare in the practice. I was in the doctor's, like yesterday and before yesterday, and they put special protection, very big protection. They put some cream, anesthetic cream, something like this, for didn't feel the same pain. Anyway, it's tough, because when the foot was inside of the well, I can't put the foot like this. I always went like this because I scared, no? So, you know, the calendar is impossible. Last week and in Barcelona everybody is talking about how you feel about the calendar and everything. I said for me going to be impossible four weeks in a row playing well, no? They told me, Yes, but you have already two playing very well. I said, Yes, but in a few days you going to see why it's impossible, and disappointing they going to see. Finally they see it's impossible, no? Just congratulate Juan Carlos, because this is an important win for him, I think. He's trying to go to Olympics, too, so important points for him. Just happy for him because he's a nice guy and a very good player. That's it, no? I just try to at home have some rest, and after try to go with my best feelings to Hamburg.
http://www.tennis-x.com/story/2008-05-07/j.php

Josherer
03-27-2009, 05:17 AM
Think Nadal has improved since then... quite alot.

RalphNYC
03-27-2009, 05:42 AM
Do you watch matches at all or waste all your time blabbering here?
Yep, just saw the match two nights ago, watched it twice, in awe. It was Nadal's best year ever, and perhaps one of the top 5 years ever for a tennis player. Ferrero was "on", Nadal was beat. Nothing to do with injury. Live with reality, you might like it.

Dorfs
03-27-2009, 05:49 AM
Actually, the easiest way to beat Nadal is what Tsonga did at the 2008 AO. Keep the rallies short and try to run to the net as much as possible. There's no way to out do Nadal at the baseline.

I completely agree.Nadal is a beast.He puts so much spin on the ball and does not miss many balls.Just finish the point as fast as possible.IMO

mg.dc
03-27-2009, 06:05 AM
I agree with the OP.

JC beat Nadal from the baseline. JC had a strategy -- a rather simple one too -- which took down Nadal's game. I was very impressed with JC and his ability to play so well on red clay. He did make it look easy.

I absolutely agree with the backhand comment. Federer's one hand won't cut it out there against those Spaniard red clay-spin-bashers. JC has a strong two hander which he had no problem sticking those lefty spin forehand from Nadal.

JC, very impressive clay courter.

Gen
03-27-2009, 06:34 AM
Yep, just saw the match two nights ago, watched it twice, in awe. It was Nadal's best year ever, and perhaps one of the top 5 years ever for a tennis player. Ferrero was "on", Nadal was beat. Nothing to do with injury. Live with reality, you might like it.

Which means you can't read either.

RalphNYC
03-27-2009, 06:41 AM
Which means you can't read either.

What are you, 15 years old?

Gen
03-27-2009, 06:47 AM
What are you, 15 years old?

One thing I could never understand in this forum: why people are so much interested in the other people age? NO, I am 32 years old. But even if I were 15, what difference does it make? I've cited the interview where everything is clearly explained. I don't know how watching the march you missed the closeup on the blood-shot blisters. They were so bad that after the match blood had to be removed with the syringe. You came back with the comment "Nadal had no injury, Ferrero is great". The great Ferrero lost successfully in the next round BTW. What conclusion can I make? That you've already learnt writing, but not reading.

RalphNYC
03-27-2009, 07:21 AM
One thing I could never understand in this forum: why people are so much interested in the other people age? NO, I am 32 years old. But even if I were 15, what difference does it make?

We're interested in age because we hope that people are just young, rather than dumb. The point of this thread is not why Nadal lost a particular match, but rather how Ferrero had to play to win it.

Sentinel
03-27-2009, 07:34 AM
OK, I see. But I'd say Nalbandian's five match points say otherwise. :shock:
BP, you have a point, but i could interpret it as : people can come close to beating Nadal, but they may still not do so. So he still is unbeatable (not in a literal manner).

You could even point to the AO semi -- what if Verdasco has not double-faulted ?
Who else on the tour could have come back from that five setter and beaten Fed?

No one in unbeatable-- there is illness, fatigue, blisters and injury, but i mean very very difficult to beat when he's fit -- which is most of the time anyway.

Puma
03-27-2009, 07:42 AM
To the OP: No it is not.

Gen
03-27-2009, 08:14 AM
We're interested in age because we hope that people are just young, rather than dumb. The point of this thread is not why Nadal lost a particular match, but rather how Ferrero had to play to win it.

Ferrero played on his normal level which is mediocre. He hasn't done anything special, and was proven as a journeyman in his next match. He could've never beaten healthy Nadal. And the list of requirements cited in your OP doesn't have anything to do with Ferrero. He missed half of the skills mentioned even in his prime.

RalphNYC
03-27-2009, 08:20 AM
Ferrero played on his normal level which is mediocre. He hasn't done anything special, and was proven as a journeyman in his next match. He could've never beaten healthy Nadal. And the list of requirements cited in your OP doesn't have anything to do with Ferrero. He missed half of the skills mentioned even in his prime.

You have the mind of a 10 year old, I hope you hit a VERY big ball!

Gen
03-27-2009, 08:24 AM
You have the mind of a 10 year old, I hope you hit a VERY big ball!

Excellent argument. Very convincing. You must be a great business negotiator.

ksbh
03-27-2009, 08:52 AM
Breakpoint is a genius and I think he just unlocked a great secret!

And that is ... for top players to keep playing their best tennis, they should just be ignorant of any sickness that they suffer from. For Nadal to be on top for many many years, he should just avoid seeing the doctor so he'll never find out about his problematic knee, just as Federer never knew about his mono though he was on the verge of being killed! ROFL X 100!

Do you give tennis lessons, BP? I'd like a few and I'd even be willing to pay a few pennies for it!

Sentinel
03-27-2009, 09:13 AM
^^ lol, thats not what Grandpa BP really meant, but he's gonna read his posts twice before hitting Reply in future (i hope).

Like he picked me up on the unbeatable word.

Sentinel
03-27-2009, 09:16 AM
Its obvious that the only way to beat Nadal is to go back a few years on a time machine ... no other way.

Oh yes, or wait for him to grow old.

ksbh
03-27-2009, 09:21 AM
How about aiming at his knees on every serve? Because according to some Federer fans here, his knees are about to fall apart! :)

Its obvious that the only way to beat Nadal is to go back a few years on a time machine ... no other way.

Oh yes, or wait for him to grow old.

bluetrain4
03-27-2009, 09:40 AM
I think we can all come up with hypothetical ways to beat Nadal ("serve 4 consecutive aces every service game", for example), and what the OP laid out makes sense.

But, it's executing that plan while Nadal is also trying to execute his plan that makes it difficult.

Beating Nadal is anything but simply following a plan.

The Don
03-27-2009, 11:06 AM
you couldn't put it better

No ****... did i say i can?? no. i was just saying it sounds easier saying it then doing it dummy

tahiti
03-27-2009, 11:26 AM

I refuse to watch the match again because I saw it and the camera was right on Rafa's feet during the treatment. His blisters had turned almost septic.Rafa is not one to withdraw, so he played out the match. Ferrero knows that and whilst the things you mention might be needed to beat Rafa it was not "that" that allowed Ferrero the match.

tahiti
03-27-2009, 11:28 AM
He tanked that match cause he needed some rest. Ever wondered why so many pro lose in the first round of smaller tournaments? It's the same reason.

I've often thought that myself after some unexplainable defeats, and it does make sense. if I was a pro, I would do the same.

BreakPoint
03-27-2009, 11:54 AM
One thing I could never understand in this forum: why people are so much interested in the other people age? NO, I am 32 years old. But even if I were 15, what difference does it make? I've cited the interview where everything is clearly explained. I don't know how watching the march you missed the closeup on the blood-shot blisters. They were so bad that after the match blood had to be removed with the syringe. You came back with the comment "Nadal had no injury, Ferrero is great". The great Ferrero lost successfully in the next round BTW. What conclusion can I make? That you've already learnt writing, but not reading.
If Nadal's injury was that bad, how did he manage to win Hamburg only a week later, beating Murray, Djokovic, and Federer in the process? Really bad injuries like that don't heel that quickly.

BreakPoint
03-27-2009, 12:00 PM

And that is ... for top players to keep playing their best tennis, they should just be ignorant of any sickness that they suffer from. For Nadal to be on top for many many years, he should just avoid seeing the doctor so he'll never find out about his problematic knee, just as Federer never knew about his mono though he was on the verge of being killed! ROFL X 100!

Do you even realize that physical exertion when you have mono can KILL YOU? It can rupture your spleen which means almost certain death. Wouldn't you say playing 6 best of five set pro-level matches in a row in the brutal Aussie summer heat requires a bit of physical exertion?

If the Aussie doctors were competent and had properly diagnosed him with mono there's NO WAY they would have allowed him to play the AO and have him risk his life!

tahiti
03-27-2009, 12:00 PM
If Nadal's injury was that bad, how did he manage to win Hamburg only a week later, beating Murray, Djokovic, and Federer in the process? Really bad injuries like that don't heel that quickly.

perhaps with rest, and medical attention & treatment that tennis professionals can afford.

tahiti
03-27-2009, 12:02 PM
Do you even realize that physical exertion when you have mono can KILL YOU? It can rupture your spleen which means almost certain death. Wouldn't you say playing 6 best of five set pro-level matches in a row in the brutal Aussie summer heat requires a bit of physical exertion?

If the Aussie doctors were competent and had properly diagnosed him with mono there's NO WAY they would have allowed him to play the AO and have him risk his life!

Break Point, your posts are becoming less and less credible by the minute.
I'm sure Federer would laugh if he read your posts. A multi millionaire that doesn't get correct medical advice, that's really funny!

BreakPoint
03-27-2009, 12:04 PM
perhaps with rest, and medical attention & treatment that tennis professionals can afford.
Only if his doctors discovered a way to speed up time and turn one week into one month.

BreakPoint
03-27-2009, 12:06 PM
Break Point, your posts are becoming less and less credible by the minute.
I'm sure Federer would laugh if he read your posts. A multi millionaire that doesn't get correct medical advice, that's really funny!
You ought to do some research BEFORE you post. Do you even know what happened in Australia? Get the whole story first.

tahiti
03-27-2009, 12:08 PM

Do you give tennis lessons, BP? I'd like a few and I'd even be willing to pay a few pennies for it!

:) I agreement Ksbh. Breakpoint is a genius :)

Morrissey
03-27-2009, 12:10 PM
\Nadal was beat. Nothing to do with injury. Live with reality, you might like it.

Apprently you don't like living in reality.

Morrissey
03-27-2009, 12:12 PM

Apparently his case was really mild because he went out and played nearly 2 entire weeks of best of 5 tennis. If he had died than it would have been because either HE or his doctors made a stupid decision to go out or be allowed to go out and play tennis.

Morrissey
03-27-2009, 12:15 PM

I don't think he was injured, more like drained out from fatigue. He played Monte Carlo, Barcelona, Rome with no rest in between those events and then went to Hamburg to show up and promote an event that was on the verge of being taken away. He pretty much felt obligated to the event and played that entire week on fumes, but he was so good that nobody pushed him hard enough to defeat him. Anyway, he had almost 2 weeks to rest up for the French and win that. He mainly needed rest.

Morrissey
03-27-2009, 12:17 PM
:) I agreement Ksbh. Breakpoint is a genius :)

When Breakpoint is labelled "talk tennis guru" then you know this forum needs a major rehaul.

Lefty78
03-27-2009, 12:18 PM
Nadal is obviously very, very difficult to beat, especially on clay. Impossible, however, is ridiculous.
Monfils took him down in straight sets earlier this year in Doha, which I don't believe anyone has yet mentioned in this thread. I don't see any reason why Monfils couldn't produce the same result on clay. It's less likely, of course, but not impossible.

Morrissey
03-27-2009, 12:20 PM
Sigh, mods you can just delete this thread. BP has hijacked it (again) and the OP has suffered a lobotomy. This thread is going nowhere but arguments.

tahiti
03-27-2009, 12:34 PM
Sigh, mods you can just delete this thread. BP has hijacked it (again) and the OP has suffered a lobotomy. This thread is going nowhere but arguments.

These are the laughs I need on a Friday after a hard week's work ! :) I feel immediately energised!Tennis guru, my my indeed.

BreakPoint
03-27-2009, 12:38 PM
Apparently his case was really mild because he went out and played nearly 2 entire weeks of best of 5 tennis. If he had died than it would have been because either HE or his doctors made a stupid decision to go out or be allowed to go out and play tennis.
Apparently, may people here have short memories. The doctors in Australia thought he had food poisoning, which is why they allowed him to play. Had they properly diagnosed him with mono, there's no way they would have allowed him to play. It was only after the AO that the doctors in Switzerland Dubai properly diagnosed him with mono.

"The plan was to play the Australian Open and Dubai, I've played both events so it's not like I missed tournaments," Federer said. "People [may say] it should have been detected and already they made many, many tests. I went into the emergency room a couple of times. I saw about two or three doctors the same day [in Melbourne] and everybody checked everything out. They were convinced it was food poisoning, so what do you want me to say, you know? I did feel awful, but I came back and played and I was happy they put me back on track in some ways. When I got sick a third time in six weeks I just said 'This is something different.' This is really when I went into the hospital right away and they said this could be mononucleosis."

http://www.goroger.net/article/2008/tennisweek080310.html

“The doctors said I must have had it for at least six weeks, which went all the way back to December,” Federer told the New York Times. “When I heard it was mono, I was actually even more happy to have made the semifinals of the Australian Open, because probably a doctor would have said, ‘You’re not allowed or can’t play.’”

http://www.tennis-x.com/xblog/2008-03-07/393.php

BreakPoint
03-27-2009, 12:40 PM
These are the laughs I need on a Friday after a hard week's work ! :) I feel immediately energised!Tennis guru, my my indeed.
My, my, how embarrassed you must be now. :oops: :oops:

BreakPoint
03-27-2009, 12:44 PM
And exactly what are YOU doing to this thread?? :roll:

Morrissey
03-27-2009, 12:47 PM
Apparently, may people here have short memories. The doctors in Australia thought he had food poisoning, which is why they allowed him to play. Had they properly diagnosed him with mono, there's no way they would have allowed him to play. It was only after the AO that the doctors in Switzerland Dubai properly diagnosed him with mono.

"The plan was to play the Australian Open and Dubai, I've played both events so it's not like I missed tournaments," Federer said. "People [may say] it should have been detected and already they made many, many tests. I went into the emergency room a couple of times. I saw about two or three doctors the same day [in Melbourne] and everybody checked everything out. They were convinced it was food poisoning, so what do you want me to say, you know? I did feel awful, but I came back and played and I was happy they put me back on track in some ways. When I got sick a third time in six weeks I just said 'This is something different.' This is really when I went into the hospital right away and they said this could be mononucleosis."

http://www.goroger.net/article/2008/tennisweek080310.html

“The doctors said I must have had it for at least six weeks, which went all the way back to December,” Federer told the New York Times. “When I heard it was mono, I was actually even more happy to have made the semifinals of the Australian Open, because probably a doctor would have said, ‘You’re not allowed or can’t play.’”

http://www.tennis-x.com/xblog/2008-03-07/393.php

Well whatever the case, he played fine and showed no signs of illness. I think he just ran into a hot Joker who was on the verge serving it out for the first 2 sets of the USO final a few months before that, but choked. Joker's rise however culminated at that AO. Ever since then he's steadily declined. No one was beating Joker at that AO last year, not even Tsonga who's never lost to him since by beating him 4 straight times.

Morrissey
03-27-2009, 12:48 PM
And exactly what are YOU doing to this thread?? :roll:

I think everybody's been wondering that about you fella. I'm here because I don't post crazy garbage. But that's not saying much when it's compared to you.

Morrissey
03-27-2009, 12:49 PM

Well yeah, it would be funny if it were an act but he truly believes the stuff he writes. Which makes me wonder from "where" he's typing.

BreakPoint
03-27-2009, 12:55 PM
I think everybody's been wondering that about you fella. I'm here because I don't post crazy garbage. But that's not saying much when it's compared to you.
Saying that the doctors in Australia misdiagnosed Federer with food poisoning and allowed him to play even though he really had mono is posting "crazy garbage"? OK, whatever you say. I guess anything that's a fact, like the Earth revolves around the Sun, is "crazy garbage" to you, too. :-?

ksbh
03-27-2009, 12:55 PM
Breakpoint ... you missed the cue in my post. I brought up Nadal and his knees to illustrate that if something's seriously wrong with your body, you can't play. If your knees hurt, you can't run. If you're afflicated with mono, you just can't play tennis!

By your own admission, Federer played several matches in the blistering heat. He lost because his opponent (Nole) played better. There's nothing more to it. If you want to continue living in your delusional world where Federer can do no wrong on a tennis court, be my guest but don't expect any takers for your nonsense.

mandy01
03-27-2009, 01:02 PM
Breakpoint ... you missed the cue in my post. I brought up Nadal and his knees to illustrate that if something's seriously wrong with your body, you can't play. If your knees hurt, you can't run. If you're afflicated with mono, you just can't play tennis!

By your own admission, Federer played several matches in the blistering heat. He lost because his opponent (Nole) played better. There's nothing more to it. If you want to continue living in your delusional world where Federer can do no wrong on a tennis court, be my guest but don't expect any takers for your nonsense.While I agree that Roger had mild case of mono, its true the guy didnt know about it.He was sweating profusely and barely able to move.And that was the case right from his first round match.He was sweating more than I'd ever seen him.This is the only loss of his,I would blame on his health or some phsical problem.I dont generally blame his losses on physical problems since even with those,most of the times he plays a pretty close match.

Just because Roger dosent take too many medical time outs and dosent act like he's dead on his feat dosent mean he never had mono or wasnt affected by it.

BreakPoint
03-27-2009, 01:03 PM

By your own admission, Federer played several matches in the blistering heat. He lost because his opponent (Nole) played better. There's nothing more to it. If you want to continue living in your delusional world where Federer can do no wrong on a tennis court, be my guest but don't expect any takers for your nonsense.
Are you for real?

If Federer was able to play 6 straight best-of-5 set matches in the blistering Aussie heat with life-threatening mono, why wasn't Nadal able to play 1 two set match in mild weather with a blister? Are blisters life-threatening?

Morrissey
03-27-2009, 01:05 PM
While I agree that Roger had mild case of mono, its true the guy didnt know about it.He was sweating profusely and barely able to move.And that was the case right from his first round matchHe was sweating more than I'd ever seen him.This is the only loss of his,I would blame on his health

Just because Roger dosent take too many medical time outs and dosent act like he's dead on his feat dosent mean he never had mono or wasnt affected by it.

If he had mono he wouldn't out running on a tennis court.

mandy01
03-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Are you for real?

If Federer was able to play 6 straight best-of-5 set matches in the blistering Aussie heat with life-threatening mono, why wasn't Nadal able to play 1 two set match in mild weather with a blister? Are blisters life-threatening? alright dude,Roger's case of mono wasnt life threatening...it was very mild .Nothing like Ancic :lol:

RalphNYC
03-27-2009, 01:06 PM
While recovering from my lobotomy (no, it didn't tickle) I'd like to summarize the point of my thread. People talk a lot about why Federer loses to Nadal, and why other players are dominated by him.

A couple of nights ago I happened to watch the Ferrero match from 2008 where Nadal was beaten on clay (and boy was he running very very fast around the court for the whole match despite his blisters and fatigue).

Ferrero played so brilliantly (don't take my word for it, listen to the announcers) that I felt like summarizing what I saw. To beat such a dominating player and gifted athlete as Rafa, you have to do a lot of things right, and very few things wrong. That was my top 10 list I posted, those were the things that Ferrero, despite his generlly inferior play, was able to summon up that day - to the amazement of all (probably including Ferrero himself).

I'm not sure why all the threads here become fights where everyone misreads everyone else and goes from offense to defense faster than Roger Federer, but I do have some ideas on that which I'll keep to myself for now.

mandy01
03-27-2009, 01:06 PM
he didnt know about it...how many times should I repeat..and by the time he found out it had almost passed..

BreakPoint
03-27-2009, 01:07 PM
alright dude,Roger's case of mono wasnt life threatening...it was very mild .Nothing like Ancic :lol:
It could have been. Like he said, if the doctors in Australia knew he had mono, there's NO WAY they would have allowed him to play at all for fear of his life.

Morrissey
03-27-2009, 01:08 PM
Saying that the doctors in Australia misdiagnosed Federer with food poisoning and allowed him to play even though he really had mono is posting "crazy garbage"? OK, whatever you say. I guess anything that's a fact, like the Earth revolves around the Sun, is "crazy garbage" to you, too. :-?

Nah, I knew the Earth revolved around the Sun, but you never posted about that otherwise I would have agreed with you. But if you're going to play, you're fair game. Maybe Joker wouldn't beat Fed if he didn't have any "condition", but he was playing good enough to give even a healthy Fed a serious run for his money in 2007. Anyway, Murray had "mono" a few weeks ago and he seemed perfectly fine in IW.

mandy01
03-27-2009, 01:09 PM
It could have been. Like he said, if the doctors in Australia knew he had mono, there's NO WAY they would have allowed him to play at all for fear of his life. yes,thats because you cant take the risk of making it worse..Roger was lucky it didnt get worse ..also the fact that he's worked so much on his physical fitness and conditioning , helps.

mandy01
03-27-2009, 01:11 PM
Nah, I knew the Earth revolved around the Sun, but you never posted about that otherwise I would have agreed with you. But if you're going to play, you're fair game. Maybe Joker wouldn't beat Fed if he didn't have any "condition", but he was playing good enough to give even a healthy Fed a serious run for his money in 2007. Anyway, Murray had "mono" a few weeks ago and he seemed perfectly fine in IW.He didnt..it was made up by the journos..Murray's mom said they feared it was mono but it wasnt..not in Roger's case.Everybody knows he had mono.His agent confirmed it,and he confirmed it after the doctors told him.

BreakPoint
Man you are slow. If he knew he had mono, he wouldn't have been out running on a tennis court. All the doctors in Australia (many of them and after numerous tests) all thought he only had food poisoning. That's the only reason they allowed him to play.

Please read other's posts first before responding and embarrassing yourself. :oops:

Morrissey
he didnt know about it...how many times should I repeat..and by the time he found out it had almost passed..

Dude, if he's sick enough he knows he can't be out there to play, you don't need a doctor to tell you that. If you have a fever and you don't feel good enough to play you don't play, simple as that. He probably felt something, but it wasn't serious enough for him to stay home and rest instead. If you're seriously ill your body will tell you not to play. He apparently was able to play and perform at a high level all the way up to the SF.

Morrissey
03-27-2009, 01:13 PM
Man you are slow. If he knew he had mono, he wouldn't have been out running on a tennis court. All the doctors in Australia (many of them and after numerous tests) all thought he only had food poisoning. That's the only reason they allowed him to play.

Please read other's posts first before responding and embarrassing yourself. :oops:

LOL! BP giving me advice on how to not embarrass oneself. Thanks for that one. :-D

BreakPoint
03-27-2009, 01:13 PM
Nah, I knew the Earth revolved around the Sun, but you never posted about that otherwise I would have agreed with you. But if you're going to play, you're fair game. Maybe Joker wouldn't beat Fed if he didn't have any "condition", but he was playing good enough to give even a healthy Fed a serious run for his money in 2007. Anyway, Murray had "mono" a few weeks ago and he seemed perfectly fine in IW.
1. This isn't about Djoker. It's about Federer's illness and Nadal's injury.

2. The doctors said Murray DID NOT have mono so he was cleared to play.

Please keep up with the news.

mandy01
03-27-2009, 01:14 PM
Dude, if he's sick enough he knows he can't be out there to play, you don't need a doctor to tell you that. If you have a fever and you don't feel good enough to play you don't play, simple as that. He probably felt something, but it wasn't serious enough for him to stay home and rest instead. If you're seriously ill your body will tell you not to play. He apparently was able to play and perform at a high level all the way up to the SF. Look I dont know what mono is like...But Roger missing a GS match because he was feeling sick is too unlikely .The only way he would miss it is if he knew what his sickness was, because then he would've been careful not to take a risk.Since he thought it was just a bad case of food poisoning he continued.

Morrissey
03-27-2009, 01:14 PM

You're one to talk about staying to the topic.

tahiti
03-27-2009, 01:15 PM

Yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir!

mandy01
03-27-2009, 01:18 PM
Now I do not deny that Novak played a fantastic match and like Roger himself said to Courier this year-Novak was just playing brilliant tennis and would've won even if he didnt have mono.I wont put the entire blame on mono either.But he was looking sick in that match and it could've been a lot closer otherwise.The guy just wasnt moving.

BreakPoint
03-27-2009, 01:18 PM
Dude, if he's sick enough he knows he can't be out there to play, you don't need a doctor to tell you that. If you have a fever and you don't feel good enough to play you don't play, simple as that. He probably felt something, but it wasn't serious enough for him to stay home and rest instead. If you're seriously ill your body will tell you not to play. He apparently was able to play and perform at a high level all the way up to the SF.
That's why Federer is a supreme athlete and is in world-class physical condition. He also had a lot of points to defend in Australia as he knew Nadal was on his tail. Federer has blisters on his feet all the time, too, but if mono couldn't stop him, a blister certainly wouldn't, unlike Nadal.

Morrissey
03-27-2009, 01:19 PM
Look I dont know what mono is like...But Roger missing a GS match because he was feeling sick is too unlikely .The only way he would miss it is if he knew what his sickness was, because then he would've been careful not to take a risk.Since he thought it was just a bad case of food poisoning he continued.

So he continued and that was that. If his condition worsened during the event he probably would've had to default. But he didn't. If there's an illness that you have, if it debilitates your performance you simply won't play. I wouldn't go out on a court if I had the flu, I don't need a doctor to tell me to stay in bed. Fed must have felt bad after the food poisoning, but felt he good enough to play in the Australian summer and in best of 5 sets because he made it all the way to the SF.

Morrissey
03-27-2009, 01:20 PM
That's why Federer is a supreme athlete and is in world-class physical condition. He also had a lot of points to defend in Australia as he knew Nadal was on his tail. Federer has blisters on his feet all the time, too, but if mono couldn't stop him, a blister certainly wouldn't, unlike Nadal.

If the mono were a serious case like Ancic's all the supreme conditioning in the world would've done jack **** while staying in bed watching the AO.

BreakPoint
03-27-2009, 01:21 PM
Yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir!
I'm surprised you would still show your face in this thread after being thoroughly embarrassed. :oops:

Morrissey
03-27-2009, 01:23 PM
I'm surprised you would still show your face in this thread after being thoroughly embarrassed. :oops:

Why, you do it all the time you're here.

mandy01
03-27-2009, 01:25 PM
So he continued and that was that. If his condition worsened during the event he probably would've had to default. But he didn't. If there's an illness that you have, if it debilitates your performance you simply won't play. I wouldn't go out on a court if I had the flu, I don't need a doctor to tell me to stay in bed. Fed must have felt bad after the food poisoning, but felt he good enough to play in the Australian summer and in best of 5 sets because he made it all the way to the SF.Dude,its better we agree to disagree on that one.Roger is not the one to miss a GS match because he 'feeling' unwell without knowing what it exactly is.If you do not believe Roger had mono and it affected his play,fair enough.I cannot exactly make you believe something.I gave my two cents worth.Stated what I believed.End of story.
BTW-I'm a girl so dont call me 'dude' ;)

BreakPoint
03-27-2009, 01:25 PM
So he continued and that was that. If his condition worsened during the event he probably would've had to default. But he didn't. If there's an illness that you have, if it debilitates your performance you simply won't play. I wouldn't go out on a court if I had the flu, I don't need a doctor to tell me to stay in bed. Fed must have felt bad after the food poisoning, but felt he good enough to play in the Australian summer and in best of 5 sets because he made it all the way to the SF.
Ha ha ha...this is hilarious!! Are you seriously comparing YOUR physical fitness with Federer's??? :oops:

I've never read anything remotely as funny as this!!! :lol:

Morrissey
03-27-2009, 01:26 PM
Dude,its better we agree to disagree on that one.Roger is not the one to miss a GS match because he 'feeling' unwell without knowing what it exactly is.If you do not believe Roger had mono and it affected his play,fair enough.I cannot exactly make ou believe something.I gave my two cents worth.Stated what I believed.End of story.
BTW-I'm a girl so dont call me 'dude' ;)

Ok dude. :-)

Morrissey
03-27-2009, 01:27 PM
Ha ha ha...this is hilarious!! Are you seriously comparing YOUR physical fitness with Federer's??? :oops:

I've never read anything remotely as funny as this!!! :lol:

LOL! When did I compare mine to his? If Fed had the flu he would be bed-ridden. No doubt about it. Are you high or something? You need to go see a doctor because you've lost your flippin' mind.

mandy01
03-27-2009, 01:27 PM
Ok dude. :-) loser!..now I want to fight with you:twisted: :lol:

Morrissey
03-27-2009, 01:29 PM
loser!..now I want to fight with you:twisted: :lol:

I'll pass, I'm too busy fighting the fruitcake BP right now. ;-)

BreakPoint
03-27-2009, 01:30 PM
If the mono were a serious case like Ancic's all the supreme conditioning in the world would've done jack **** while staying in bed watching the AO.
Has Ancic ever been ranked #1 in the world and wanted more than anything in the world to stay there? Has Ancic ever needed to defend a Grand Slam title? Is Ancic oh so close to breaking Sampras' all-time Grand Slam record? :oops:

mandy01
03-27-2009, 01:31 PM
I'll pass, I'm too busy fighting the fruitcake BP right now. ;-)
you're running scared... Sh*t, where are Nadal_Freaks when I need to fight! :lol:

Morrissey
03-27-2009, 01:35 PM
Has Ancic ever been ranked #1 in the world and wanted more than anything in the world to stay there? Has Ancic ever needed to defend a Grand Slam title? Is Ancic oh so close to breaking Sampras' all-time Grand Slam record? :oops:

So what? He's an athlete and he's looking after his health. If he had a serious case of mono he did the right thing by resting and letting his body heal. Anyone on this planet would have done the same thing. That is, unless its Fed with Wolverine-like healing abilities and Conan The Barbarian strength. If Fed had a serious case of mono like the one Ancic had he wouldn't have been out there playing tennis. But I'm sure you'll disagree with that as well.

Morrissey
03-27-2009, 01:36 PM
you're running scared... Sh*t, where are Nadal_Freaks when I need to fight! :lol:

Well fighting with him is easy.

BreakPoint
03-27-2009, 01:36 PM
LOL! When did I compare mine to his? If Fed had the flu he would be bed-ridden. No doubt about it. Are you high or something? You need to go see a doctor because you've lost your flippin' mind.
You just compared yourself with Federer AGAIN!!

No, YOU would be bed-ridden if you had the flu. You have no idea what the body of a world-class supreme athlete like Federer's could withstand. Most of them play with injuries and illnesses and pain all the time. Well, except Djoker. :oops:

Can you imagine the level of pain and discomfort a record time marathon runner or Ironman triathlete or Tour de France rider can withstand and still compete compared to YOU?

mandy01
03-27-2009, 01:38 PM
Well fighting with him is easy. its fun though..awesome after you're tired from a long day at work , or studies :lol:
But I'm good at fighting with guys like you too.:twisted: Just that I do not fight over such trivial issues with you people. :lol:

tahiti
03-27-2009, 01:39 PM
What was it again

10 Char?

BreakPoint
03-27-2009, 01:40 PM
So what? He's an athlete and he's looking after his health. If he had a serious case of mono he did the right thing by resting and letting his body heal. Anyone on this planet would have done the same thing. That is, unless its Fed with Wolverine-like healing abilities and Conan The Barbarian strength. If Fed had a serious case of mono like the one Ancic had he wouldn't have been out there playing tennis. But I'm sure you'll disagree with that as well.
And if knew he had mono at the time, he probably would have.

What part of "He didn't know he had mono at the time", do you not understand? How many more times do we have to tell you before it sinks into your head? :confused:

tahiti
03-27-2009, 01:42 PM
its fun though..awesome after you're tired from a long day at work , or studies :lol:
But I'm good at fighting with guys like you too.:twisted: Just that I do not fight over such trivial issues with you people. :lol:

What was is again?

10 Char

Morrissey
03-27-2009, 01:43 PM

What part of "He didn't know he had mono at the time", do you not understand? How many more times do we have to tell you before it sinks into your head? :confused:

Wow, you're seriously insane aren't you? I guess the people at the mental hospital you're staying in grant you internet access.

mandy01
03-27-2009, 01:45 PM
Mandy. Just the fact that you say what say, say's enough about you. I never bother reading your posts and as of this moment you are on my ignore list, along with some other jerks on this forum. don't know why I didn't put you there sooner. And yes, moderators you can delete my post as anything to this poster will never be worth reading.
which part of the laughing smiley did you not understand? have you actually seen me fighting with Nadal_Freak? you can put me wherever you like I dont really care about fanatics like you.

BreakPoint
03-27-2009, 01:45 PM
Breakpoint, sorry to say this and insult you, but you seriously have a low IQ.
You must be referring to Morrissey. He actually thinks that an illness like the flu would affect a supreme physical specimen like Federer the same as it would affect a couch potato like himself. Talk about low IQ's. It seems everyone except him noticed how profusely Federer was sweating and how slow he was moving at the AO.

tahiti
03-27-2009, 01:46 PM
You must be referring to Morrissey. He actually thinks that an illness like the flu would affect a supreme physical specimen like Federer the same as it would affect a couch potato like himself. Talk about low IQ's. It seems everyone except him noticed how profusely Federer was sweating and how slow he was moving at the AO.

No I'm referring to you and it was the last post of yours I'll read :)

Morrissey
03-27-2009, 01:46 PM
You just compared yourself with Federer AGAIN!!

No, YOU would be bed-ridden if you had the flu. You have no idea what the body of a world-class supreme athlete like Federer's could withstand. Most of them play with injuries and illnesses and pain all the time. Well, except Djoker. :oops:

Can you imagine the level of pain and discomfort a record time marathon runner or Ironman triathlete or Tour de France rider can withstand and still compete compared to YOU?

First off , you don't know me or anything about me. You don't know how fit I am or even how old I am. You don't know what I look like or even "my name". So how can YOU say that I can't compare myself to another human being? You make it sound like Fed is immune to sickness. If anyone has the flu they're put in bed for days. So save me your bs pal.

mandy01
03-27-2009, 01:48 PM
one cant even joke around here....

BreakPoint
03-27-2009, 01:48 PM
Wow, you're seriously insane aren't you? I guess the people at the mental hospital you're staying in grant you internet access.
Go ahead. Keep insulting me. Each insult just gets you one step closer to being permanently banned. :)

Morrissey
03-27-2009, 01:49 PM
Go ahead. Keep insulting me. Each insult just gets you one step closer to being permanently banned. :)

You're not scaring me BP. Didn't happen before, ain't happening fella. Besides, you didn't say nice things to me either.

Anyway, we're having a good fun time right?

BreakPoint
03-27-2009, 01:57 PM
First off , you don't know me or anything about me. You don't know how fit I am or even how old I am. You don't know what I look like or even "my name". So how can YOU say that I can't compare myself to another human being? You make it sound like Fed is immune to sickness. If anyone has the flu they're put in bed for days. So save me your bs pal.
How fit you are is still NOWHERE near the fitness of world-class athletes. So how many Olympic medals do you have? :oops:

Federer is not immune to sickness (as evidenced by his poor play last year when he had mono), but he is able to withstand the discomfort of illness much better than you can. Both his body and his mind are conditioned to withstand maximum pain and discomfort, much like most world-class athletes. Remember the Olympic gymnast that continued to compete on the vault jump even though she had a badly sprained ankle? You would have been in a hospital bed with your leg up sipping an iced tea.

I don't even like to play with a cold, let alone the flu. But world-class athletes do it all the time. They are not like you nor I.

King of Aces
03-27-2009, 02:02 PM
You're not scaring me BP. Didn't happen before, ain't happening fella. Besides, you didn't say nice things to me either.

Anyway, we're having a good fun time right?

Firs off.....I love Queens. I grew up there.

Second.....you should be afraid. Let just say in TW its not what you know but who you know.

Third....I LOVE BP......how boring would this place be without BP???

How boring would it be if it were just Federer and no Nadal?

The Don
03-27-2009, 02:04 PM
Damnn a big riot going on lol

hyogen
03-27-2009, 02:07 PM

indeed. that was an epic spanking of Nadal by Tsonga. :D

tahiti
03-27-2009, 02:07 PM
Point is: It's not obvious how to beat Nadal. Hell not even Federer has been able to for a while now:twisted: now what does that say?

tahiti
03-27-2009, 02:08 PM
indeed. that was an epic spanking of Nadal by Tsonga. :D

and a great match to watch! I love even the matches that Rafa loses....and gets a spanking :)

King of Aces
03-27-2009, 02:09 PM
Point is: It's not obvious how to beat Nadal. Hell not even Federer has been able to for a while now:twisted: now what does that say?

sure it is.....just bring a gun on the court and shoot him in the leg. ;)

tahiti
03-27-2009, 02:09 PM

Second.....you should be afraid. Let just say in TW its not what you know but who you know.

King of Aces are you insinuating that there are internal politics?

King of Aces
03-27-2009, 02:11 PM
King of Aces are you insinuating that there are internal politics?

Let me answer your question with a question.....

Has there ever been a situation where internal politics do not exist?

tahiti
03-27-2009, 02:12 PM
Let me answer your question with a question.....

Has there ever been a situation where internal politics do not exist?

now you are just copying my text from a previous post .

mandy01
03-27-2009, 02:12 PM
Do we have any techinal experts around here? As in those who've played tennis for quite some time and will be able to provide a good view.I mean I do think that players many a times know what to do against Nadal but when it comes to executing esp on the big points,they fail.

King of Aces
03-27-2009, 02:14 PM
now you are just copying my text from a previous post .

really???? It was not purposeful.

Great minds think alike. ;)

imalil2gangsta4u
03-27-2009, 02:45 PM
he wouldnt have lost if he didnt have the foot problem

RalphNYC
03-27-2009, 03:38 PM

Wrong. It's obvious how to beat him. It's near impossible to do it though. Most can't.

The Don
03-27-2009, 04:27 PM
Rafa is pretty fast... most of the time pros like federer and other peeps try to put the ball away, he catches up to it... Hmmm i cant think of anything. but he's just getting better and better untill those knees give out on him which i hope not or for awhile at least

Sentinel
03-27-2009, 08:45 PM
Can we please stop flogging the mono horse. He's dead ! Its 2009.

BP Sir, with respect, I think you must have posted several hundred posts on the mono topic.

Its over now, whoever among us understands mono, or doesn't. Fed is healthy now, so lets all get on.

SourStraws
03-27-2009, 08:52 PM
How did Ferrero do it?

Simple:

Very few people have the ability to do this..... Verdasco, imo, at the AO played better than Nadal, but Nadal has a helluva mental game.... Nadal is pretty dominant at this stage...But as seen before, he's not unbeatable

S.S.

Morrissey
03-27-2009, 08:58 PM

Well thanks, but I'm not afraid. I'm well aware of the politics here. And how the mods tend to favor the pro-Fed fans in here. I've been consulted about it with other people outside of the forum. But if I were to be banned I would just do what practically everyone else here does and create a new handle to post in. Anyway, to get banned because BP and I are having a silly conversation is even sillier. If that were the case 98% of this forum would be banned for getting into discussions with him and calling him loony. Anyway, I am having fun with him because he's so serious about how Fed is a super human being that cannot be stricken with any kind of illness whatsoever. So doesn't that detract from his statement before about him losing the AO because he was sick? That goes against what he was saying the whole time. Ancic is an incredible athlete, a very fit person and even HE was bed ridden from a serious case of mono. If he can get sick so can anyone else.

Morrissey
03-27-2009, 09:05 PM

BP Sir, with respect, I think you must have posted several hundred posts on the mono topic.

Its over now, whoever among us understands mono, or doesn't. Fed is healthy now, so lets all get on.

Try several thousands.

BreakPoint
03-27-2009, 09:37 PM

I'll stop bringing up Federer's mono as soon as everyone else stops bringing up Nadal's so called "injuries".

okdude1992
03-27-2009, 09:39 PM
i don't like to get involved in these arguments but BreakPoint you are severly misinformed. Federer's mono wasn't life threatening!! otherwise he WOULD NOT PHYSICALLY have been able to play regardless of what any doctor said. admittedly it *could have* been but it wasn't.

While it is obvious it slowed federer down, I still believe djokovic would have won the match and apparently so does roger.

to the OP yes fererro played very well. But Nadal was CLEARLY hurt. look at the photos if you still refuse to believe it. Would ferrero still have won? Its definately possible imo. So what conclusion have we arrived at?

-In order to beat nadal an opponent must be extremely consistent or extremely agressive- in short play well for a sustained ammount of time.

Darth Nihilus
03-27-2009, 09:44 PM

How did Ferrero do it?

Simple:

With this list I can't even see how this is obvious. It looks pretty complicated. It seems like you had to do a lot of research and you still had to list 10 things. If it were only 1 thing then it would be obvious. This is too much for it to be obvious. :confused: This is the tennis version of solving a long algebra problem and saying it was obvious after you solved it.

BreakPoint
03-27-2009, 09:46 PM
Well thanks, but I'm not afraid. I'm well aware of the politics here. And how the mods tend to favor the pro-Fed fans in here. I've been consulted about it with other people outside of the forum. But if I were to be banned I would just do what practically everyone else here does and create a new handle to post in. Anyway, to get banned because BP and I are having a silly conversation is even sillier. If that were the case 98% of this forum would be banned for getting into discussions with him and calling him loony. Anyway, I am having fun with him because he's so serious about how Fed is a super human being that cannot be stricken with any kind of illness whatsoever. So doesn't that detract from his statement before about him losing the AO because he was sick? That goes against what he was saying the whole time. Ancic is an incredible athlete, a very fit person and even HE was bed ridden from a serious case of mono. If he can get sick so can anyone else.
I don't know why I bother trying to explain things to you. When did I ever say Federer wasn't sick? Haven't I been saying that he has mono? Did you miss the entire point? Top world class athletes like Federer can deal with suffering much better than you can. So just because YOU can't get out of bed when you're sick doesn't mean that Federer can't. Do you know how much pain top gymnasts train with everyday? You'd be in the hospital begging for morphine.

Does that mean that Federer can play at 100% when he's sick? Of course not! But at least he's able to get out on the court and play, whereas, you'd be near comatose in bed. And, no, Ancic is no Federer. You only have to look at how many Grand Slams and career titles they have.

okdude1992
03-27-2009, 09:48 PM
I'll stop bringing up Federer's mono as soon as everyone else stops bringing up Nadal's so called "injuries".

how very mature!

you know i used to really dislike federer because he appeared cocky and didn't give his opponents much credit (which is why i HATE serena) and yet everyone seemed to praise him as the most humble champion and good sport. now I realize that it wasn't him as much as the ridiculous praise awarded him. you would have thought he was a perfect person.

BreakPoint you seem like the kind of person in Joel Drucker's article "Roger Federer- A Religious Experience" from a few years back. maybe if you stopped trying to worship federer and expecting him to be perfect youd enjoy him and his matches more.

Noveson
03-27-2009, 09:53 PM
I still cannot figure out if the OP is joking or not.

Morrissey
03-27-2009, 10:09 PM
I don't know why I bother trying to explain things to you. When did I ever say Federer wasn't sick? Haven't I been saying that he has mono? Did you miss the entire point? Top world class athletes like Federer can deal with suffering much better than you can. So just because YOU can't get out of bed when you're sick doesn't mean that Federer can't..

I don't know why you bother explaining things either, because you're not good at it.

Who the hell do you think Federer is? The human germ and illness fighting machine? If he had chicken pox I don't care how great a player he is he would have to stay home for an extended period of time. He's a human being just like all of us, except maybe you perhaps. :-)

Does that mean that Federer can play at 100% when he's sick? Of course not! But at least he's able to get out on the court and play, whereas, you'd be near comatose in bed. And, no, Ancic is no Federer. You only have to look at how many Grand Slams and career titles they have.

So Federer is such a supreme athletic specimen that ONLY HE can't be bed-ridden but other people like Ancic can. Ancic is not the player Federer is, but Fed has the Grand Slams because he's one of the greatest tennis players ever, not because he has a better immune system than the rest of humanity. Ancic got sick, not because he's not the player Federer is, it's because the mono he got was so serious that he had to stay in bed and was advised to do so. If Federer had the exact same case as Ancic he would not be allowed to play a Grand Slam, nor would he be physically able to anyway.

BreakPoint
03-27-2009, 10:21 PM
I don't know why you bother explaining things either, because you're not good at it.

Who the hell do you think Federer is? The human germ and illness fighting machine? If he had chicken pox I don't care how great a player he is he would have to stay home for an extended period of time. He's a human being just like all of us, except maybe you perhaps. :-)

So Federer is such a supreme athletic specimen that ONLY HE can't be bed-ridden but other people like Ancic can. Ancic is not the player Federer is, but Fed has the Grand Slams because he's one of the greatest tennis players ever, not because he has a better immune system than the rest of humanity. Ancic got sick, not because he's not the player Federer is, it's because the mono he got was so serious that he had to stay in bed and was advised to do so. If Federer had the exact same case as Ancic he would not be allowed to play a Grand Slam, nor would he be physically able to anyway.
You will never understand because you will never be a supreme world class athlete. :( Some people have much stronger immune systems than others. That's why the same virus that may make one person sick as a dog, will make another person only mildly ill. A viral or bacterial infection may kill some people while others with the same exact infection will survive or perhaps even barely show any symptoms of the illness. That's just the way it is.

Federer's and Ancic's bodies may react to the same exact virus very differently. Federer trains in the intense heat of Dubai, so he can deal with the intense heat of the Australian summer better than most people can. Look at how easily Djokovic wilted in the heat this year, and he's from the same area of Europe Ancic is from.

And, again, had Federer's doctors in Australia properly diagnosed him with mono, they definitely would not have allowed him to play, period. Even Federer admitted that himself.

Morrissey
03-27-2009, 10:44 PM
You will never understand because you will never be a supreme world class athlete.
Once again, you don't know me, you don't know what kind of athlete I am or how old I am. I may not be the athlete Fed is but I am in good shape and very healthy. I don't get sick often but when I get the flu I'm stuck in
:( Some people have much stronger immune systems than others. That's why the same virus that may make one person sick as a dog, will make another person only mildly ill. A viral or bacterial infection may kill some people while others with the same exact infection will survive or perhaps even barely show any symptoms of the illness. That's just the way it is.

Federer's and Ancic's bodies may react to the same exact virus very differently. Federer trains in the intense heat of Dubai, so he can deal with the intense heat of the Australian summer better than most people can. Look at how easily Djokovic wilted in the heat this year, and he's from the same area of Europe Ancic is from.

And, again, had Federer's doctors in Australia properly diagnosed him with mono, they definitely would not have allowed him to play, period. Even Federer admitted that himself.

There are soccer players who are obviously some of the fittest athletes on the planet who get sidelined for a week with the flu. I can imagine something worse like chicken pox or a serious case of mono. Sure, people have different reactions to things but that doesn't mean Fed can't get really sick to the point where he has to stay in bed. He's a tennis player, a great tennis player, but that doesn't translate to being more immune to illness than other athletes. I think Fed was lucky that he didn't have a worse case of it, otherwise he surely would have had to stay home. I don't care how much a supreme athletic specimen you say he is.

His doctors in Australia actually didn't know what he had outside of food poisoning, you said it yourself. Just scroll back a few pages. You said he played the AO without actually knowing that he actually had mono and that it could have cost him his life. Lol! It was only after the AO that he confirmed that he actually had a mild case of mono. You're now inventing things to suit your argument? You're job is to simply confuse the people that you're arguing with? If that's the case, then sure, you win.

BTW, Murray was sick in Dubai and was diagnosed with a mild case of mono after food poisoning in which he had a stomach virus. He looks just fine as well. How many Grand Slams does Murray have?

Morrissey
03-27-2009, 10:48 PM

This conflicts with your post of saying that Fed knew he had mono and went against his doctors advice to not play. SO which story are you going to stick with here?

RoddickAce
03-27-2009, 10:52 PM
How would Nadal fare against a righty version of himself? If you look back at his matches, even Nadal doesn't really like handling high deep paceless balls on the backhand side. He usually returns it relatively short, loopy and centred.

BreakPoint
03-28-2009, 12:26 AM
There are soccer players who are obviously some of the fittest athletes on the planet who get sidelined for a week with the flu.
Soccer is a team sport. If one player is ill and can't play, they have subs to take his place. The entire team doesn't have to default an important game or tournament. Thus, the sick player can afford to rest. Pro tennis is not a team sport. Federer cannot use a sub to play for him. Either he plays or he defaults and loses a ton of ranking points at the AO (since he won it the year before) and also risk losing his #1 ranking which he cherishes. Do you think Federer could have gotten Nadal to sub for him?

I can imagine something worse like chicken pox or a serious case of mono. Sure, people have different reactions to things but that doesn't mean Fed can't get really sick to the point where he has to stay in bed. He's a tennis player, a great tennis player, but that doesn't translate to being more immune to illness than other athletes. I think Fed was lucky that he didn't have a worse case of it, otherwise he surely would have had to stay home. I don't care how much a supreme athletic specimen you say he is.

That's what was so amazing about it and even Federer admitted himself. He should have been in bed all those two weeks of the AO but he played anyway (because he didn't realize just how dangerous that was not knowing it was mono), and STILL got to the semis. That's just how supreme of an athlete he is.

His doctors in Australia actually didn't know what he had outside of food poisoning, you said it yourself. Just scroll back a few pages. You said he played the AO without actually knowing that he actually had mono and that it could have cost him his life. Lol! It was only after the AO that he confirmed that he actually had a mild case of mono. You're now inventing things to suit your argument? You're job is to simply confuse the people that you're arguing with? If that's the case, then sure, you win.
It's like I'm talking to a brick wall. Just what part are you NOT getting? I've said the same thing over and over like 20 times, yet your closed mindedness just won't accept any outside input.

OK, here it is for the umpteenth time:

1. Federer had mono during the AO.
2. The doctors in Australia mis-diagnosed him with food poisoning.
3. Thus, he was given the green light to play.
4. He was risking his life by playing but didn't realize it because he didn't know what he had was mono.
5. After the AO, the doctors in Switzerland and Dubai properly diagnosed him mono and said he's had it for over six weeks.
6. Had the doctors in Australia properly diagnosed him with mono, they would NOT have allowed him to play and he wouldn't have played.
7. Nowhere in his diagnosis was it stated that his case of mono was "mild".

Now, what part of the above do you NOT understand?

BTW, Murray was sick in Dubai and was diagnosed with a mild case of mono after food poisoning in which he had a stomach virus. He looks just fine as well. How many Grand Slams does Murray have?
Murray was NEVER diagnosed with mono, mild or not. He said he didn't feel well and suspected a virus but at no point in time was he EVER diagnosed with mono by his doctors. PLease get your facts straight.

BreakPoint
03-28-2009, 12:34 AM
This conflicts with your post of saying that Fed knew he had mono and went against his doctors advice to not play. SO which story are you going to stick with here?
You really, really, really, really need to start learning how to read. Is English not your first language?

I NEVER said Federer knew he had mono and went against his doctors advice not to play. Please show me where I said it. In fact, I said the exact opposite. I've got to think that you're purposely trying to confuse people as to what I've said because nobody could be as confused as you are in something so simple to understand.

How can his doctors advise him not to play the AO due to mono when the doctors in Melbourne thought he only had food poisoning? His doctors didn't know he had mono, Federer didn't know he had mono, nobody in the world knew he had mono. We all just knew he was ill. He didn't find out he had mono for the past 6 weeks until he was diagnosed with mono AFTER the AO.

Didn't you read those articles I linked way above?

ksbh
03-28-2009, 05:46 PM
Morrissey and others ... allow me to explain Breakpoint's theory. It's quite simple.

Ancic lost 2 years because of an uninformed doctor. If only the doctor hadn't told Ancic about the mono, he could've continued playing and who knows, he may have won a Wimbledon title or 2. Ancic was robbed of 2 comptetitive years by his doctor!

Lucky Federer ... he has one hell of a smart doctor!

jimbo333
03-28-2009, 05:54 PM

How did Ferrero do it?

Simple:

Excellent, so when can I play him?

Should be a breeze, now I know all this:):)

ksbh
03-28-2009, 08:01 PM
In the fantasy world that Breakpoint lives in, someone with a broken leg can play competitive tennis so long as he doesn't know the condition of his leg.

Though mono can be a debilitating disease causing one to become bed-ridden, it didn't affect Federer in the least because 'he didn't know about it'! Sounds like something straight out of a kindergarden story book.

BreakPoint
03-28-2009, 09:04 PM
Morrissey and others ... allow me to explain Breakpoint's theory. It's quite simple.

Ancic lost 2 years because of an uninformed doctor. If only the doctor hadn't told Ancic about the mono, he could've continued playing and who knows, he may have won a Wimbledon title or 2. Ancic was robbed of 2 comptetitive years by his doctor!

Lucky Federer ... he has one hell of a smart doctor!
This post no sense whatsoever!

Federer did have mono and he did play which is why he played like crap and lost. What does what the doctors told Federer have anything to do with it how sick he was? :confused: Except that the doctors in Australia gave Federer the OK to play and if Federer had ruptured his spleen and died on the court, those doctors would have been liable for one massive lawsuit.

Just like Federer, Ancic would have been sick and played like he was sick regardless of what the doctors told him.

BreakPoint
03-28-2009, 09:13 PM
In the fantasy world that Breakpoint lives in, someone with a broken leg can play competitive tennis so long as he doesn't know the condition of his leg.

Though mono can be a debilitating disease causing one to become bed-ridden, it didn't affect Federer in the least because 'he didn't know about it'! Sounds like something straight out of a kindergarden story book.
Huh? Of course it affected Federer! Didn't you see how sick he looked at the AO? He was sweating profusely even in the warm-up even though he usually doesn't even sweat in the 5th set of a match. He looked pale and sickly like he was going to puke any minute. He looked lethargic and wasn't moving his feet. He was late to most of his forehands.

Does it matter if he thought he had food poisoning or if he had mono? Not in the least! The result either way was that he was sick and he played like he was sick. The only difference is that if he knew he had mono, the doctors would NOT have allowed him to play at all and he probably wouldn't have played so as not to risk his life. So what does what he thought he had have anything to do with anything? You're either feeling sick or your not.

veroniquem
03-28-2009, 09:18 PM
Does it really matter that much if Federer had mono or not and what kind of mono it was? Whether his losses can be blamed on mono or anything else, one cannot change the results or the records for it. What happened happened. Maybe Wilander and Hewitt would have done better without injuries but the only reality is that they have done so much and won so much. Nothing can change the way their careers are even if there was an element of bad luck.
Personally, what I find almost ironical is that after non stop talk for years about how Rafa's career was gonna be cut short or take a dive for the worse because of his knees, it is Federer who came down with something that may have affected his performance and that may even do so on the long term (sure it wasn't an injury but it was something that may have slowed him down all the same and at this very moment noone knows, with the clock ticking agewise, if he can truly come back to his very best- ever). Feels a little like Karma, doesn't it?

TennisLover17
03-28-2009, 09:44 PM
Easier said than done.

TheNatural
03-29-2009, 01:02 AM
the only way to beat Nadal is to wait until hes injured or fatigued, then POUNCE. Fed took advantage of an injured/missing or fatigued Nadal in the draw (in the case of the US open 08 _), for about 5 or his 13 slams.

ksbh
03-31-2009, 11:48 AM
Breakpoint ... get a bloody clue! If Federer had mono, he wouldn't have been able to get off the bed, leave alone walk out into the court and play gruelling tennis matches.

I can't believe you're so dumb that you believe Federer could have played at all with mono. I must question how old you really are. You must either be in your teens or so old that you can't think straight. Maybe over 75 or something.

This post no sense whatsoever!

Federer did have mono and he did play which is why he played like crap and lost. What does what the doctors told Federer have anything to do with it how sick he was? :confused: Except that the doctors in Australia gave Federer the OK to play and if Federer had ruptured his spleen and died on the court, those doctors would have been liable for one massive lawsuit.

Just like Federer, Ancic would have been sick and played like he was sick regardless of what the doctors told him.

EtePras
03-31-2009, 11:52 AM
BreakPoint is a well known troll who believes Sampras would be able to take more than 5 points in a set against Nadal.

ksbh
03-31-2009, 11:53 AM
Federer was sweating because it was hot. If everyone that sweats has mono, good luck to the ATP tour!

Huh? Of course it affected Federer! Didn't you see how sick he looked at the AO? He was sweating profusely even in the warm-up even though he usually doesn't even sweat in the 5th set of a match. He looked pale and sickly like he was going to puke any minute. He looked lethargic and wasn't moving his feet. He was late to most of his forehands.

Does it matter if he thought he had food poisoning or if he had mono? Not in the least! The result either way was that he was sick and he played like he was sick. The only difference is that if he knew he had mono, the doctors would NOT have allowed him to play at all and he probably wouldn't have played so as not to risk his life. So what does what he thought he had have anything to do with anything? You're either feeling sick or your not.

icedevil0289
03-31-2009, 11:54 AM
Breakpoint ... get a bloody clue! If Federer had mono, he wouldn't have been able to get off the bed, leave alone walk out into the court and play gruelling tennis matches.

I can't believe you're so dumb that you believe Federer could have played at all with mono. I must question how old you really are. You must either be in your teens or so old that you can't think straight. Maybe over 75 or something.

I believe fed did have some sort of form of mono, but to keep using it as an excuse is just annoying and moronic. He said he's been over it for a while, so BP, get over it.

ksbh
03-31-2009, 11:55 AM
LOL, yes he's among the top 2 in that area!

BreakPoint is a well known troll who believes Sampras would be able to take more than 5 points in a set against Nadal.

icedevil0289
03-31-2009, 11:55 AM

Says the *********

ksbh
03-31-2009, 11:58 AM
Breakpoint ... lest you think you're simply being attacked by the opposing camp, the post below is from your fellow Federer fan. It's a good piece of advice for you and I hope you'll take a leaf out of young Icedevil's book!

I believe fed did have some sort of form of mono, but to keep using it as an excuse is just annoying and moronic. He said he's been over it for a while, so BP, get over.

BreakPoint

And you know this because YOU ARE Federer and have the same body as Federer? :roll:

Sorry, but YOU are NOT a one in a billion world-class supreme athlete in peak physical condition, like Federer is. :(

helloworld

Would somebody just ban this moron? 35 year-old Andre played a 3 competitive sets with Nadal before. How the hell would Pete Sampras not win more than 5 points against Nadal?

BreakPoint
03-31-2009, 11:59 AM
BreakPoint is a well known troll who believes Sampras would be able to take more than 5 points in a set against Nadal.Not only would Sampras take more than 5 points from Nadal is a set but Nadal would have trouble winning a point when Sampras is serving. :shock:

icedevil0289
03-31-2009, 12:00 PM
Would somebody just ban this moron? 35 year-old Andre played a 3 competitive sets with Nadal before. How the hell would Pete Sampras not win more than 5 points against Nadal?

Thank you! I also believe he is the same person who insinuated that fed was the weakest no.1 as well.

ksbh
03-31-2009, 12:00 PM
Are you talking a prime Sampras vs a prime Nadal?

If so, Nadal doesn't have a prayer on grass and fast hardcourts. Clay and slower hard courts are a different story :)

BreakPoint
03-31-2009, 12:02 PM
Federer was sweating because it was hot. If everyone that sweats has mono, good luck to the ATP tour!
So I guess you've NEVER see Federer play tennis before. Federer hardly ever sweats even after 4 hours playing tennis in intense heat. With mono, he was sweating profusely before the match even started.

So are you saying that the '08 AO was the only year in which it was hot in Melbourne? :-?

ksbh
03-31-2009, 12:03 PM
Last I checked, Federer has the same bodily compositions as the rest of us. He isn't above medical science and cannot possibly play with a serious disease. If you think he is above medical science, you need to rush to the nearest emergency psychiatric services.

And you know this because YOU ARE Federer and have the same body as Federer? :roll:

Sorry, but YOU are NOT a one in a billion world-class supreme athlete in peak physical condition, like Federer is. :(

BreakPoint
03-31-2009, 12:04 PM
I believe fed did have some sort of form of mono, but to keep using it as an excuse is just annoying and moronic. He said he's been over it for a while, so BP, get over it.
You never get over mono. The virus is in your system for the rest of your life. And the lost training time did affect Federer.

Just look at what happened to Ancic, and it's been like 3 years since he first got mono.

ksbh
03-31-2009, 12:05 PM
Seriously, if you think he 'hardly sweats' (in any match, I don't care if it's in Melbourne or any other place), you and I haven't been watching the same Federer.

From your posts, it appears that you do think Federer is some different kind of species that is not subject to any form of conditioning that other players are.

So I guess you've NEVER see Federer play tennis before. Federer hardly ever sweats even after 4 hours playing tennis in intense heat. With mono, he was sweating profusely before the match even started.

So are you saying that the '08 AO was the only year in which it was hot in Melbourne? :-?

icedevil0289
03-31-2009, 12:05 PM

That is true. Fed seemed a bit sick during the AO and especially during IW. Like I said before, I believe fed did have some form of mono that did not allow him to play at his best level and cut into his practice time. I believe he was also in the hospital as well if I remember correctly. However, all this was last year and his mono is long gone. His losses at the french,wimbledon, etc, after were not due to mono or the after effects as well. Any loss now as well will not be due to mono, but because of him not playing well and/or his opponent playing really well.

BreakPoint
03-31-2009, 12:10 PM
Last I checked, Federer has the same bodily compositions as the rest of us. He isn't above medical science and cannot possibly play with a serious disease. If you think he is above medical science, you need to rush to the nearest emergency psychiatric services.
That's why two people exposed to the same flu virus will react differently. The one with the weaker immune system will come down with a severe flu, while the other person with a strong immune system will show milder symptoms.

Top pro athletes like Federer can withstand suffering to a scale which you or I can never even imagine. Have you ever had to play 7 straight best of 5 set matches against top ATP pros under the brutally hot sun and intense 120 degree heat of Australia? I thought not.

icedevil0289
03-31-2009, 12:12 PM
You never get over mono. The virus is in your system for the rest of your life. And the lost training time did affect Federer.

Just look at what happened to Ancic, and it's been like 3 years since he first got mono.

My head is starting to hurt trying to reason with you. I'm not sure which is worse, you using mono as an excuse for every loss that fed has, or some of the nadal fans who think fed did not have any form of mono last year at all.

BreakPoint
Seriously, if you think he 'hardly sweats' (in any match, I don't care if it's in Melbourne or any other place), you and I haven't been watching the same Federer.

From your posts, it appears that you do think Federer is some different kind of species that is not subject to any form of conditioning that other players are.
Did you not read the posts by Gen?

His mother is a medical doctor and when she watched Federer play Fish at the '08 IW for only 5 minutes, she said to Gen - "This guy Federer has mono!".

King of Aces
That is true. Fed seemed a bit sick during the AO and especially during IW. Like I said before, I believe fed did have some form of mono that did not allow him to play at his best level and cut into his practice time. I believe he was also in the hospital as well if I remember correctly. However, all this was last year and his mono is long gone. His losses at the french,wimbledon, etc, after were not due to mono or the after effects as well. Any loss now as well will not be due to mono, but because of him not playing well and/or his opponent playing really well.

From the TTW dictionary:

With this dictionary, I just tried to summarize some TTW's popular opinions, it's not like I'm expressing my own opinions here.

Of course this is an Open Source dictionary, so feel free to make your own additions if you want to.

Now let’s start with some basic concepts:

Mono:
~noun
1. Disease that allows Roger Federer to win sometimes, and to “not to lose” the rest of the time. When Roger wins, Roger wins. When Roger loses, mono didn’t allow him to win.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=251731

icedevil0289
03-31-2009, 12:15 PM
Thank you King of Aces. I can always count on you to quote someone else's words because forming your own opinion is nearly impossible.

King of Aces
03-31-2009, 12:16 PM
Thank you King of Aces. I can always count on you to quote someone else's words because forming your own opinion is nearly impossible.

Its a dictionary! ;)

Besides that dictionary was pure art. there is no way I can possibly improve it.

BreakPoint
03-31-2009, 12:16 PM
Against most players, Federer can still win even with the after-effects of mono because he is just so much better than them. Against the likes of Nadal or Murray, he cannot and needs to be 100%.

icedevil0289
03-31-2009, 12:17 PM
Its a dictionary! ;)

Its the TTW dictionary, and according to you, TTW is seperate from the real world.

King of Aces
03-31-2009, 12:18 PM
Its the TTW dictionary, and according to you, TTW is seperate from the real world.

Correct...but a TTW dictionary does apply to the TTW world !

icedevil0289
03-31-2009, 12:20 PM
Against most players, Federer can still win even with the after-effects of mono because he is just so much better than them. Against the likes of Nadal or Murray, he cannot and needs to be 100%.

Now my head officially hurts Seriously stop. You're even worse than the *********s who deny he was sick in the first place.

icedevil0289
03-31-2009, 12:21 PM
Correct...but a TTW dictionary does apply to the TTW world !

a world where you have nadatards, *******s, and the some poor souls in the middle trying to get their word in. I pity them.

King of Aces
03-31-2009, 12:27 PM
a world where you have nadatards, *******s, and the some poor souls in the middle trying to get their word in. I pity them.

and once again let us consult the TTW dictionary:

Now let’s start with some basic concepts:

*******:
~noun
1. According to a *******, any poster that says good things about Roger Federer.

*******:
~noun
1. According to a *******, any poster that says good things about Rafael Nadal.

ksbh
03-31-2009, 12:32 PM
Yeah right! A medical Doctor that diagnoses people's diseases from the stands! Care to give me her name? She should be in 'Ripley's believe it or not'!

Did you not read the posts by Gen?

His mother is a medical doctor and when she watched Federer play Fish at the '08 IW for only 5 minutes, she said to Gen - "This guy Federer has mono!".

BreakPoint
03-31-2009, 01:43 PM
Yeah right! A medical Doctor that diagnoses people's diseases from the stands! Care to give me her name? She should be in 'Ripley's believe it or not'!
Um....maybe because as a medical doctor she has seen plenty of patients with mono before so she could readily recognize the symptoms of someone suffering from mono? Could that possibly have crossed your mind? :-?

So where did YOU get YOUR medical degree from? :oops:

helloworld
03-31-2009, 02:01 PM
Um....maybe because as a medical doctor she has seen plenty of patients with mono before so she could readily recognize the symptoms of someone suffering from mono? Could that possibly have crossed your mind? :-?

Sorry, a doctor, no matter how good he/she is, simply cannot diagnose mono patients just by looking at them from the stand...

BreakPoint
03-31-2009, 02:04 PM
Sorry, a doctor, no matter how good he/she is, simply cannot diagnose mono patients just by looking at them from the stand...
She was told that Federer might have mono. She took one look at him and confirmed that was the case.

sureshs
03-31-2009, 02:04 PM

You are stretching it BP.

BreakPoint
03-31-2009, 02:06 PM
You are stretching it BP.
I didn't make this up. Ask Gen. He posted it and it was his mother who said it.

sureshs
03-31-2009, 02:10 PM
I didn't make this up. Ask Gen. He posted it and it was his mother who said it.

I know. I didn't want to drag anyone's mother into it. But you should not believe this.

ksbh
04-01-2009, 07:11 AM
Breakpoint ... you're just making yourself look like a ridiculous fool.

So folks, correct me if I'm wrong here. Breakpoint has so many loose ends in this discussion that I wonder if he himself has any idea where he is. So lets see, Breakpoint starts by saying that Federer only played the Australian Open because he didn't know he had mono. Well now Breakpoint admits that Federer found out about it after the Australian Open.

Now lets move on to Indian Wells. At this point Federer knows about the mono and what more, not only does he know about it but he's still suffering from it ... confirmed by the brilliant lady doctor that can diagnose people from the stands!

So Breakpoint ... your hero must be incredibly stupid! Because in your own words, which moron would be stupid enough to risk his life playing tennis with mono?!

You are among the worst of the *******s!

She was told that Federer might have mono. She took one look at him and confirmed that was the case.

West Coast Ace
04-01-2009, 07:23 AM
lmao thats one the funniest threads ive read. its like saying: its easy to beat Nadal. Hit every single ball on the line, every serve at 140 mph and run fastest than usain bolt. are u taking the ****?Amen. Gotta love #9 - "Don't be afraid..." Thanks OP for sharing that - all these years and I thought fear of failure helped my game! Damn! I coulda been a contender!

Josherer
04-01-2009, 07:33 AM
Just hit a winner off evey return and ace him...

Trust me it isn't 'obvious' how to beat Nadal.

If it were every player on tour would have beaten him by now.

Josherer
04-01-2009, 07:34 AM

How did Ferrero do it?

Simple:

BTW Nadal was injured in the match against Ferrero so using him as a reference as to how to beat Nadal is rubbish.

ksbh
04-01-2009, 08:10 AM
If a man with mono can play tennis in sweltering heat, anything is possible!

BreakPoint
04-01-2009, 11:51 AM
Breakpoint ... you're just making yourself look like a ridiculous fool.

So folks, correct me if I'm wrong here. Breakpoint has so many loose ends in this discussion that I wonder if he himself has any idea where he is. So lets see, Breakpoint starts by saying that Federer only played the Australian Open because he didn't know he had mono. Well now Breakpoint admits that Federer found out about it after the Australian Open.

Now lets move on to Indian Wells. At this point Federer knows about the mono and what more, not only does he know about it but he's still suffering from it ... confirmed by the brilliant lady doctor that can diagnose people from the stands!

So Breakpoint ... your hero must be incredibly stupid! Because in your own words, which moron would be stupid enough to risk his life playing tennis with mono?!

You are among the worst of the *******s!
Are you serious? You REALLY need to learn how to read.

"Admit" that Federer found out he had mono AFTER the AO? What is there to "admit"???? I've been saying that for over a YEAR and it was all over the press over a year ago. :-?

If you could actually read, you would have known that his doctors cleared him to play at IW because his body was already building anbitibodies so the worst of his acute mono symptoms were subsiding, but that does not mean that he was anywhere near 100%. He had lost a lot of weight and strength and lost a ton of training time and was out of condition. Anyone who's ever watched Federer play could CLEARLY see that there was something still VERY wrong with him. He looked sluggish and lethargic and he was late to many shots and he wasn't moving his feet. He also looked gaunt and sweating much more than usual. If you had bet ONE DOLLAR that he would lose to Fish and Roddick back-to-back, you would have won a BILLION DOLLARS because those would have been the odds.

"Fool"? Do a search for a poster named "ksbh". That's where you'll find said "fool". :oops:

BreakPoint
04-01-2009, 11:53 AM
If a man with mono can play tennis in sweltering heat, anything is possible!
And I'd bet you still don't think that men have ever walked on the moon. :-?

What's harder to do? Play tennis with mono or build a rocket to get you to the moon and back in one piece? :oops:

icedevil0289
04-01-2009, 12:01 PM
I don't understand why people think fed did not have mono or that he would have lied about it. Oh wait, it was just a convenient excuse at the time. He's had other major losses before and there was no mention of mono then. I think it was clear that fed did have some kind of illness last year. I do not agree with using that illness as a constant excuse for his losses, but I think its unfair to see he was never sick at all. Call me a *******, but I'll take roger's word for it over the *********s anyday.

ksbh
04-01-2009, 12:47 PM
Ok Breakpoint, let's get one thing straight, shall we? Simple question-

Was Federerer suffering from mono at IW 2008? Yes or No?

If yes- He's a damned fool.

If no- that lady Doctor should have her medical license revoked.

Let's see what you come up with to wiggle out of this one now.

Are you serious? You REALLY need to learn how to read.

"Admit" that Federer found out he had mono AFTER the AO? What is there to "admit"???? I've been saying that for over a YEAR and it was all over the press over a year ago. :-?

If you could actually read, you would have known that his doctors cleared him to play at IW because his body was already building anbitibodies so the worst of his acute mono symptoms were subsiding, but that does not mean that he was anywhere near 100%. He had lost a lot of weight and strength and lost a ton of training time and was out of condition. Anyone who's ever watched Federer play could CLEARLY see that there was something still VERY wrong with him. He looked sluggish and lethargic and he was late to many shots and he wasn't moving his feet. He also looked gaunt and sweating much more than usual. If you had bet ONE DOLLAR that he would lose to Fish and Roddick back-to-back, you would have won a BILLION DOLLARS because those would have been the odds.

"Fool"? Do a search for a poster named "ksbh". That's where you'll find said "fool". :oops:

ksbh
04-01-2009, 12:50 PM
Young Icedevil!

We all have opinions don't we? And my opinion is that the claim that Federer suffered from mono at AO 2008 is as laughable as the one that Mike "love chewing on human ears" Tyson is a champion of great dignity! IMHO, that is!

I don't understand why people think fed did not have mono or that he would have lied about it. Oh wait, it was just a convenient excuse at the time. He's had other major losses before and there was no mention of mono then. I think it was clear that fed did have some kind of illness last year. I do not agree with using that illness as a constant excuse for his losses, but I think its unfair to see he was never sick at all. Call me a *******, but I'll take roger's word for it over the *********s anyday.

icedevil0289
04-01-2009, 12:53 PM
Young Icedevil!

We all have opinions don't we? And my opinion is that the claim that Federer suffered from mono at AO 2008 is as laughable as the one that Mike "love chewing on human ears" Tyson is a champion of great dignity! IMHO, that is!

Hmm, I don't want to start another argument. I believe fed when he said he was sick last year. You can believe whatever you want. However, youire sort of bashing and ridiculing BP for having his opinion, an opinion that many fed fans will agree with. We're going to have to agree to disagree here. Anyways, he's not sick anymore so we should just stop the arguing and give it a rest.

BreakPoint
04-01-2009, 01:03 PM
Ok Breakpoint, let's get one thing straight, shall we? Simple question-

Was Federerer suffering from mono at IW 2008? Yes or No?

If yes- He's a damned fool.

If no- that lady Doctor should have her medical license revoked.

Let's see what you come up with to wiggle out of this one now.
Huh? Do you know ANYTHING about mono? You don't just all of sudden get over mono overnight. It's not like one day you have a severe case of mono and the next day you're 100% healthy. It takes a VERY long time to fully recover from mono, if ever. By IW, he had gotten over the worst of his symptoms but he was still very much feeling its effects, as well as being out of condition and out of practice.

BreakPoint
04-01-2009, 01:06 PM
Young Icedevil!

What's "laughable" is that you think you're a medical doctor AND you think you're as much of a physical specimen as Federer when you are clearly neither. You sound more like an overweight and sickly high school dropout. :(

ksbh
04-01-2009, 01:08 PM
OK, in that case, the lady Doctor doesn't have a clue. This is from your post-

"His mother is a medical doctor and when she watched Federer play Fish at the '08 IW for only 5 minutes, she said to Gen - "This guy Federer has mono!"

What's "laughable" is that you think you're a medical doctor AND you think you're as much of a physical specimen as Federer when you are clearly neither. You sound more like an overweight and sickly high school dropout. :(

icedevil0289
04-01-2009, 01:14 PM

"His mother is a medical doctor and when she watched Federer play Fish at the '08 IW for only 5 minutes, she said to Gen - "This guy Federer has mono!"

Alright,Nadal fans believe that mono was an excuse, while the fed fans believe that fed did have mono. This argument is turning out to be a vicious cycle and it should just end here.

ksbh
04-01-2009, 01:19 PM
OK, I agree. So long as Breakpoint doesn't resort to bringing that up again.

Alright,Nadal fans believe that mono was an excuse, while the fed fans believe that fed did have mono. This argument is turning out to be a vicious cycle and it should just end here.

Serve_Ace
04-01-2009, 01:27 PM
And that Nadal Fans don't provoke Federer fans.

icedevil0289
04-01-2009, 01:28 PM
And that Nadal Fans don't provoke Federer fans.

that should go both ways. As far as B.P. goes, can't make any guarantees. Sorry.

BreakPoint
04-01-2009, 01:31 PM

What part of - "you don't get over mono overnight" - do you NOT understand? :-?

Once you get mono, you have mono for the rest of your life because the mono virus will be in your system until the day you die.

He was still feeling the effects of mono at IW, it just wasn't as bad as it was at the AO. Do you FINALLY get it now?

If that doctor had seen Federer play at the AO she would have known he had mono in 5 seconds. It wouldn't have taken her a whole 5 minutes.