PDA

View Full Version : Yonex MP Tour-1 98 vs RDX 500 Midplus

RodgerDodger
03-07-2005, 07:26 PM
The title is fairly self-explanatory :) - I'm buying a new racquet and it's come down to an RDX 500 Midplus or a MP Tour-1 98 (I'm a bit of a Yonex loyalist). The thing is, I demoed the RDX and I really liked it, but I can get the MP Tour-1 a little cheaper (not by that much mind you)....I wasn't able to demo the MP Tour-1 since it wasn't available. Anyone have any opinion on these two racquets head to head?.....I'm leaning towards the RDX since I have actually tried it!.....I'm looking for a decent sweetspot for a player's racquet and good manouverability mainly. I guess I'm a little concerned about the weight of the MP Tour-1 since it sounds like it's pretty heavy....

phat
03-08-2005, 01:56 AM
Tried the Tour 1 & RDX, they are totally different and are excellent racquets. T-1 is more stable, but it is harder to swing than RDX. RDX is also more flexable. So if you like RDX, T-1 is not for you. IMHO, T-1 is great for shorter (& flat hitting) strokes and you just let the racquet do the work (thanks to the heft). RDX are for swingers who like to play with spins.

tennisadict
03-08-2005, 02:04 AM
just 2 have stamina when u heating with rdx

RodgerDodger
03-09-2005, 03:59 AM
Thanks for the tip Phat, good to hear from someone who's tried both. I guess it's just curiosity getting the better of me with the MP Tour-1.....when I said I liked the RDX, what I meant was that it felt comfortable, it felt like a Yonex! For me it was a bit different from hitting with an RD-7 or a Super RD Tour but not much - the Yonex's just kinda feel very similar to me and that's a good thing.....it's probably in part why I like them! From what I've read, the MP just sounds a lot different, maybe a bit crisper and solid. But I do have longer swings and I also hit with a fair bit of spin so maybe the RDX would be better!