PDA

View Full Version : Who likes Djokovic?

tsongafan
03-27-2009, 08:15 AM
Does anyone like Djokovic and why?

Sentinel
03-27-2009, 08:19 AM
yeah dude yeah, plenty of us not even counting gj001.

Cos he's a nice guy, he's cool and he's friendly and humorous and fun.

Oh, i also like his groundstrokes.

Edit: i hate his dropshots, though. BTW, i am not serbian.

Telepatic
03-27-2009, 08:45 AM
I`m Serbian and I`m his biggest fan, but I`m fan of many others (Nadal,Verdasco,Gasquet,Simon, and Murray/young players when play good hehe)

I like Nole because hes patriotic, like his serve and forehand alot, very nice guy (looks like ego maniac or something but hes not really,just like to motivate himself in my opinion), applauds to others, being honest and yea, I admit his retirements are annoying but he doesnt retire just to not give credit to oponnent, he have some breathing issues and obviosly dont like big heat.

wilsondude
03-27-2009, 08:48 AM
i respect his game just not his atitude

Nadal_Freak
03-27-2009, 08:51 AM
Great attitude, humor, and great game. Definitely one of my top favorite 5 players.

latinking
03-27-2009, 09:00 AM
I like Novak. I am a fan.

He is good for the game! I like when players say whats on thier mind. Even if its wrong here or there, at least its REAL!! Poeple on this Forum act like they never say the wrong thing in thier life!! LOL. Can you imagine after intense tennis matches someone putting a mic in your face and asking you stupid questions? And questions designed to get reactions from you!! I like when players say whats on thier mind.

And of course I like his game!! LOL

He gets allot of un deserved hate on here!

tudwell
03-27-2009, 09:05 AM
I like Djokovic. Nice game. Very smooth, powerful serve and groundstrokes, and he knows his way around the net fairly well. I liked him more when he was fresh to the limelight. He was a lot funnier, lighthearted. Now he's got so much pressure on his shoulders to perform, and lately he hasn't been able to meet expectations. I hope he does better come clay court season. I was excited when he won the Masters Cup after having a fairly disappointing season post-Wimbledon.

oy vey
03-27-2009, 09:14 AM
I like him. He's entertaining, talented, has a high tennis IQ. Game would be boring without him in the mix.

He's in a slump right now but will recover this year unless it really is physical what's going on with him.

cucio
03-27-2009, 09:21 AM
Game-wise he is darn good. Great groundstrokes and serve. Not many players can boast of having bested R&R or pushed them hard several times each.

Personality-wise he appears generally more immature than his peers. However he has a strong redeeming quality: he applauds good plays from his opponents. That speaks of love for the game beyond competition. You have to respect and like that.

Serpententacle
03-27-2009, 09:26 AM
I used to dislike him, but I've been sympathetic to him this year. I feel he's been humbled which helps him a lot. I don't like his family, though. He needs to cut the umbilical cord and his little bro needs to fix his evil little sinister face.

danb
03-27-2009, 09:29 AM
I like him. If he was a (mentally) tougher guy he could be there with Nadal and Murray. Who knows?
He needs to learn from Nadal a few things. And I don't like his family showing up at the matches - they look false.

PimpMyGame
03-27-2009, 09:31 AM
His constant on-court injuries annoy me but I think he pays a nice game.

However, I've never met him so can't say whether I like him or not.

Frankauc
03-27-2009, 09:33 AM
yeah i love the character. And he's pretty good too

Razda
03-27-2009, 09:33 AM
Novak is the man. I love his serve form, powerful grounstrokes, and his defense. Not afraid to speak his mind and to able to give credit after great shots from opponents. Lastly, looking awesome with all the new adidas gear he's wearing.

Ruzica
03-27-2009, 09:55 AM
Novak is my favourite player for sure. Intelligent, chraming off court, interesting, humourous, generous with his time for fans, kind-hearted, does an awful lot of charity stuff for kids back home in Serbia, which he tries to keep as low key as possible.

Since I first met him back in 2005, I have followed his career, and wherever he plays, I hear nothing but praise for him from ballboys/ballgirls, tournament staff, drivers, Hotel staff etc. He is engaging and fun as a personality - not to mention his game which is always entertaining.

The Don
03-27-2009, 09:58 AM
Djokovic is one of my favorite tennis players. he's a cool guy. and i think its funny how he makes fun of other players LOL in a friendly way tho :D

dincuss
03-27-2009, 10:51 AM
Yah hes one of my favorite players currently, hes just not totally himself lately. I dont know why so many people bash him.

tahiti
03-27-2009, 10:55 AM
Novak is on my hot list for sure! He's got a great game, provides entertaining matches, shows emotion and has a fantasic sense of humour. His impersonations were the best I've ever seen. Considering the history of his country I think he has is head and shoulders above others who have not to endure such difficulties.

All respect to Djoko! A real character!

JediMindTrick
03-27-2009, 11:05 AM
Everybody likes the Djoker because he's so funny and because he got the ball rolling on beating Federer in non-clay majors.

jms007
03-27-2009, 11:05 AM
He's a cool cat, one of my favorites. I didn't think he was out of line in his earlier years, he gave the game a little kick in the ***. Now it seems like this new "mature" approach has sucked all of the life and spark out him. I'm sure that's not the only reason but still. He doesn't look like he's enjoying himself anymore, and that's very odd considering he's only 21. I hope it's just temporary.

LanceStern
03-27-2009, 11:06 AM
I still like Djokovic (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=247407)

svijk
03-27-2009, 11:46 AM
Pretty silly post.....some like him some don't....what's new , what's the point

GameSampras
03-27-2009, 11:52 AM
I dont mind him. Funny, sarcastic, and pretty down to earth guy. Obvious he has some confidence problems and appears to be in a funk. I hope he turns it around and becomes the player he was again in early 08

TheNatural
03-27-2009, 12:23 PM
I liked him more with his old racket.

NovakWannabe
03-27-2009, 01:02 PM
As my name suggests, I am a fan. And a wannabe Nole.

DarthFed
03-27-2009, 01:33 PM
I like him one for my favorites...but i miss the old Djoker

The intense Djoker...this passive one is ******* me off

TheTruth
03-27-2009, 01:47 PM
I'm a fan of the Djoker's and can't wait to see him do well again.

Sorry for his breathing problems, because I think it's a real issue...

But nobody applauds their opponents good shots more than him...

His game is fun to watch too.

Cesc Fabregas
03-27-2009, 01:48 PM
Djoker is a great guy and has a great game whats not to like?

thejoe
03-27-2009, 01:48 PM
I'm a fan of the Djoker's and can't wait to see him do well again.

Sorry for his breathing problems, because I think it's a real issue...

But nobody applauds their opponents good shots more than him...

His game is fun to watch too.

That is true. I like Djoker a lot.

moonbat
03-27-2009, 02:48 PM
I love him, though lately he's been driving me nuts. My friends at the club make fun of me and say I'm the only person in the world who likes him, so this thread is quite heartening. I adore his forehand--when he cranks it up it takes my breath away. I'm besotted...so shoot me.

moonbat
03-27-2009, 02:52 PM
He's a cool cat, one of my favorites. I didn't think he was out of line in his earlier years, he gave the game a little kick in the ***. Now it seems like this new "mature" approach has sucked all of the life and spark out him. I'm sure that's not the only reason but still. He doesn't look like he's enjoying himself anymore, and that's very odd considering he's only 21. I hope it's just temporary.

Good post. Nowadays, he looks like Sisyphus.

Serpententacle
03-27-2009, 03:02 PM
Good post. Nowadays, he looks like Sisyphus.

YES! There are still people who use Mythological allegory.

NickC
03-27-2009, 03:03 PM
Well, to be fair to the boy, he's got a hell of a nice game. Solid, technically sublime groundstrokes, a very nice serve and service motion, great hands at net, and some damn good feel for the ball. He's a very nice person from what I hear, and he is great for the game, if you take away the fact that he can be a quitter sometimes. But then again, it's just like Nadal taking too much time between points and stuff like that. Everyone has their shortcomings, and I don't know why he's bashed a thousand times as much for that as Nadal is for taking years between points.

roundiesee
03-27-2009, 03:09 PM
To me he is sort of a latter-day Connors- passionate, intense, and with an "attitude" which obviously may not rub off well with some fans. I do not think he is arrogant per se. As a player he is obviously very talented and has already one grand slam title in his belt. He is really a very fun player to watch and not boring at all IMO....

jmverdugo
03-27-2009, 03:10 PM
I like him, he is one of my favorite players.

breadstick
03-27-2009, 03:18 PM
He's a fun guy. Sometimes he has a problem with interviews, but I still like him.

swedechris
03-27-2009, 03:50 PM
I dont .. he is overrated IMO

Hot Sauce
03-27-2009, 03:50 PM
His parents do!

Sovereignty
03-27-2009, 04:23 PM
He is in my top 5 for sure. He has been tough to watch at times, but that isn't uncommon now is it?

moonbat
03-27-2009, 04:25 PM
YES! There are still people who use Mythological allegory.

Heh...sometimes Djoky looks as if he's pushing a rock, sometimes he looks like he's hitting one. BTW, there's a great article on DFW in the New Yorker, plus an excerpt from his last novel. You can probably find it at their website.

norbac
03-27-2009, 04:31 PM
I'm a fan of his, he's just a bad @$$.

adidas_viking
03-27-2009, 04:40 PM
ps: Novak is a cry baby! ;)

RCCTigertennis
03-27-2009, 05:10 PM
i dont.....

SempreSami
03-27-2009, 05:42 PM
I like him, he's got a decent sense of humour and isn't afraid to speak his mind, even if he might come out with the odd daft comment every now and then.

Sentinel
03-27-2009, 05:54 PM
:)

Just for the record it is gj011 not gj001.
my sincerest apologies, gj011.
Serves you right for using a cryptic password for your username - lol !

gj011
03-27-2009, 06:45 PM
my sincerest apologies, gj011.
Serves you right for using a cryptic password for your username - lol !

NP. I actually liked your comment and was joking about the name.

himynameisminh
03-27-2009, 06:49 PM
I was a fan of Djokovic when he came on tour and played Fed in the Aussie for the first time. He has lost a lot of his matches lately but he still has playing potential. I'm hoping he bounces back from lackluster results as of late.

carlos djackal
03-27-2009, 10:58 PM
I like his game, his personality on court, I'm a fan and i'm not serbian...

seffina
03-27-2009, 11:46 PM
I'm not a fan fan, but I like him. He's still very young and has a lot of talent. Hope he has a good year.

CocaCola
03-28-2009, 04:22 AM
Djoker is my favourite player...he definetly became my fav when I watched this video...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlMQ_4JR-Aw

FlamEnemY
03-28-2009, 04:31 AM
I like him. He may be a quitter sometimes, but he fights until the end far more often. I still remember the Hamburg semifinal, Nadal needed 7+ consecutive brake points to win the match. Novak just didn't let go, he played with heart. I believe he doesn't retire because he wants to downplay his opponent's win, I think Djokovic is just too careful with his health. I can't really blame him, given his Lung problems.
Also, his A game is a pleasure to watch. The only thing missing are the volleys, but his net game is still good.

vtmike
03-28-2009, 04:57 AM
Wells hes the only one to have one a slam other than Nadal and Federer...So yeah he does have potential...I don't know him personally to say if I like him or not but his game is good enough to be in the top5 atleast

tangerine
03-28-2009, 01:20 PM
I like Novak but crazy fanboys like gj001 could turn me off from him. :p

Satch
03-28-2009, 01:48 PM
I like Novak but crazy fanboys like gj001 could turn me off from him. :p

nice character you got there... what if i tell you that Nadal is gay... you will dislike him?