PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to college station for the NCAA's ?

atatu
03-27-2009, 12:05 PM
I just tried to book a hotel room for May 15th, no luck...looks like I'll have to drive in from Austin.

ttbrowne
03-27-2009, 01:23 PM
Where the heck IS College Station?? Heard of it but never looked it up. What a tiny place to hold the NCAA's.
What's the deal?
Take me back to Tulsa. Lots of great hotels there.

coogs08
03-28-2009, 12:30 AM
college station is about 100 miles northwest of downtown houston. It's home to the Aggies.

Fedace
03-28-2009, 03:43 AM
They should just hold it at Stanford every year. It doesn't get any better than that.

jaggy
03-28-2009, 01:52 PM
Apparently A&M tennis crowds can often be in the thousands for regular home matches.

Lindsay
03-28-2009, 03:17 PM
Apparently A&M tennis crowds can often be in the thousands for regular home matches.

They usually hold the records for biggest crowd. Not sure if they have it at the moment, but its usually theirs. And I've played vs. TAMU, their crowds are raunchy!!!

atatu
03-30-2009, 11:56 AM
They should just hold it at Stanford every year. It doesn't get any better than that.

I think it's better in Georgia, and in fact they used to always have it in Athens, but that isn't really fair to the other teams, is it ?

Fedace
03-30-2009, 12:02 PM
^^It is fair to hold it at the university that has the best facilities. and best Webcam.

atatu
03-30-2009, 12:12 PM
Then let's go back to having it at Georgia every year.

Vik
03-30-2009, 12:56 PM
TAMU has webcam now. I haven't checked it out yet though.

Fedace
03-30-2009, 02:11 PM
TAMU has webcam now. I haven't checked it out yet though.

Ok then how do you get it to work ??? There was nothing about the link to the webcam when i checked out their webcam about 1 month ago..

Joeyg
03-30-2009, 02:15 PM
They must know of your close, personal relationship with the "Standford" team and have blocked your IP address from the webcams.

Your truly astounding knowledge of the game and the ability to scout other teams has put you on their "hit list".

I would think they probably have a picture of you ready for the NCAA's, so that you will be denied entrance to the event. The "Standford" juggernaut would be just too overpowering if you, oh great one, were allowed to scout the other teams!

Fedace
03-30-2009, 02:18 PM
I thought so. No webcam to the tennis team matches.

Lindsay
03-30-2009, 06:48 PM
Did you think to check when they're actually a match going on? They don't leave them on 24/7.

Fedace
03-30-2009, 07:50 PM
Did you think to check when they're actually a match going on? They don't leave them on 24/7.

There is NO link to the cam. you mean the link will magically appear when match is going on ? only video link is when they play Tulsa IN Tulsa. and that link is to Tulsa webcams not theirs.

Vik
03-31-2009, 05:05 AM
There is NO link to the cam. you mean the link will magically appear when match is going on ? only video link is when they play Tulsa IN Tulsa. and that link is to Tulsa webcams not theirs.

Did you try this link?
http://www.aggieathletics.com/sports/w-tennis/spec-rel/live-video.html

Maybe you're just not intelligent enough to figure it out. It was working when the men beat USC. Hey how did Standford do against USC?

Take a valium once in a while fedace.:mad:

Fedace
03-31-2009, 06:19 AM
Did you try this link?
http://www.aggieathletics.com/sports/w-tennis/spec-rel/live-video.html

Maybe you're just not intelligent enough to figure it out. It was working when the men beat USC. Hey how did Standford do against USC?

Take a valium once in a while fedace.:mad:

Thanks for the link. i just couldn't find it in the main tennis page at Texas A&M site. and if you look at the schedule for the tennis team, it saids nothing about live feed for the home matches. they should do a better job of making the link Visible to the people who visits the tennis home webpage.

Fedace
03-31-2009, 06:21 AM
Thanks to Vik, now i can watch Stanford go all the way to the finals and win the NCAA championships. I can't wait to congratulate Coach Whit on the phone after the championships are over.

Vik
03-31-2009, 08:41 AM
they should do a better job of making the link Visible to the people who visits the tennis home webpage.

I agree. I only saw it b/c of an A&M msg board I visit. I make no claims as to the quality of the video as I've not used it. You can give it a test run tomorrow at 2pm(Central) as the men host Tulsa.

It may actually be better to access the video from here http://www.aggieathletics.com/sports/m-tennis/tam-m-tennis-body.html
There is a tiny link near the top that says live video for the next match.

Hopefully they will have all 12 courts going for NCAAs

Fedace
03-31-2009, 09:04 AM
^^I wonder if the feed has sound. It is kind of annoying not to have sound as it is in Stanford webcams. It would be nice to hear the guys celebrating when Stanford wins the championships.

Fedace
04-05-2009, 01:49 PM
I may have been wrong about TAM. Their webcam is first rate and it has sound too. camara is located little bit far back but you can't have everything. Overall, should be able to see Stanford win its NCAA championships with pleasure.

cadillac303
04-07-2009, 05:04 PM
Texas A&M's facility is remarkable, and the NCAA's should be an outstanding event there. Definitely a must-see if you're in the area.