PDA

View Full Version : Would one thread for old racquet value be good? (Oh, how much is an AA worth?)

Caloi
03-27-2009, 04:29 PM
Craigslist has a mint Head Arthur Ashe Comp II and two(2) Wilson Graphite Matrix's for very cheap. Worth anything? Looks like the Wilson's are 85 sq in heads which is attractive. Anything else you can add?

As usual, thanks for the input!

After searching I figured out the Matrii are decent but only worth about what the seller is asking. $30 for both may be a decent deal though. We'll see if they email me back this weekend. I may just go pick these up. Oh, and it's the gray and blue version.

(You guys and gals have created a monster out of me!)

plasma
03-28-2009, 12:37 AM
ooohhhh, I remember when I started out, what a long funky trip it's been. The grey/blue matrix is as soft and dank as a vermont democrat on hydro; absolutely touchy feely. I foolishly passed up many arthur ashes, right before they made tennis magazines top 10....sounds like you have become addicted to acquiring tennis racquets.....I compulsively purchased/ aquired over 100 in the last 2 years. I am now in control of this addiction. Having an understanding place to go to (like crt) helped a lot...I have finally moved beyond this truly mysterious compulsive collection addiction (to the point that my behavior is once again voluntary...good luck....it's verrrrryyy addictive...

Tennis Dunce
03-28-2009, 12:04 PM
The Matrix is a legendary stick. I hit with its (better?) cousin...the pro select. Same mold...different name. Lead tape at 12 o clock....oooh yeah!

pshulam
03-28-2009, 12:30 PM
I have two black/red matrix. They are very nice rackets.

dataseviltwin
04-01-2009, 07:55 PM
can get comp II's on the bay pretty cheap (less than $20). The other I haven't seen (but haven't been looking for either...). ;-)

Caloi
04-02-2009, 08:25 AM
My dad gave the Matrix(s) a good home. I'm glad he got them, I've read good things. Unfortunately they'll be mine soon since he's goign in for knee replacements this fall and probably will never play tennis again.

Caloi
04-07-2009, 03:48 PM
CL is killing me! What should I know about the top or bottom racquet? I believe the one in the middle is junk...

http://images.craigslist.org/3kc3m03p4ZZZZZZZZZ947865a162bdd5c185e.jpg

Seller's description:
1. Donay supermind equipe tennis racket made of braided graphite. $5

2. Prince force titanium racket with case. $5

3. Fox bosworth signature series. Precision pro WB-210 $3

pshulam
04-15-2009, 03:30 AM
^this seller is not making a killings from these rackets.

Caloi
04-15-2009, 07:56 AM
^this seller is not making a killings from these rackets.

Oh, I figured he's not making anything at those prices. My only problem is it's an hour away. Not sure i should make the drive just for these.