PDA

View Full Version : Yonex R-7

montoo
03-07-2005, 11:02 PM
Hi,

I have had the pleasure of hitting with this frame recently. Could someone in the know post specs. for this racket? Weight, etc... This one is midsize or so. Any ideas on which modern/current frames might play similarly? Thanks.

yip kok kuin
03-08-2005, 05:02 AM
I have one. Very flexy. Almost too flexy for control. Because of the shape of the racket, rectangular rather than round, I think it is midplus. I understand this is the 1st Yonex that manage to win the Wim and French Open. If you want the specs, you can send a email to yonex and they will email you the brochure!

montoo
03-08-2005, 11:31 AM
Yea, it is very flexy. Almost like a big tupperware lid! I will contact Yonex and see if they can forward some info. my way.

paulfreda
03-08-2005, 03:33 PM
Here you go ....... (Google; yonex rd7 specifications)

http://www.eztennis.com/eztennis/p/tennis_racquets/yonex_rd_7.htm

Head Size: 95 sq. in.
Balance: HL
Length: 27
Strings: 16/19
Weight: 12.3 oz
Beam: 21-22mm
Flex: 54

montoo
03-09-2005, 01:38 AM
Thanks, Paulfreda, I tried google. Unfortunately the R-7 is not as easy to find information about as is the RD-7. Hopefully Yonex will get back to me. In the meantime, I will have to locate a postal scale.

montoo
03-13-2005, 08:37 PM
I have not heard back from Yonex. So... if someone one with an active membership to racquettech.com could search and post said info. I would really appreciate it. And, yes the racket is midplus-ish.

I am not really into rackets or trying the latest thing. But this one has really grown on me over the last few weeks. The specs. are important because I would like to locate similarly fashioned frames to demo. Perhaps someone with experience can chime in. Thanks again.

new_west
08-14-2005, 12:05 PM
I just found an R-7 in my house. Just holding it, it feels like a lighter pro staff 6.0. I can't wait to try it!!!

stevewcosta
08-14-2005, 12:46 PM
Don't try too hard to find something similar. It doesn't exist today. Nothing feels like the old Yonex 18.5mm frames. The R-10 was even better than the R-7...wasn't so freakishly square & had rounder edges while still maintaining isometric shape. Great old racs.

tandayu
08-14-2005, 02:34 PM
I am not really into rackets or trying the latest thing. But this one has really grown on me over the last few weeks. .

If you want R-7, I have 3 new one and 1 used one that I can sell to you. Not cheap.