PDA

View Full Version : would/should fed miss wimbledon

imalil2gangsta4u
03-28-2009, 04:06 PM
Baby fed is due in the summer time. Mirka has said she wont be doing any flying around the time the baby is due, and im sure she wants to be home. What if they baby was due around Wimbledon. Would/should Fed miss it?

VivalaVida
03-28-2009, 04:10 PM
HELL NO!! He has a very good chance to take the wimbledon title back from Nadal this year.He should show up no matter what and try his best.

icedevil0289
03-28-2009, 04:11 PM
fed would probably give his right arm for wimbledon. He said it was his no.1 priority. I'm sure he has everything figured out in regards to the baby situation. I don't see him missing wimbledon at all.

GameSampras
03-28-2009, 04:20 PM
He better pray for Rain Showers if be plays Nadal so he can stay in the match. Fed was in a 2 set hole before the rain hit

l_gonzalez
03-28-2009, 04:22 PM
there's a roof this year on centre court. Rain is not saving ANYONE this year!

icedevil0289
03-28-2009, 04:22 PM
He better pray for Rain Showers if be plays Nadal so he can stay in the match. Fed was in a 2 set hole before the rain hit

or maybe he should just play better than he did last year. Anyways, there will be a roof so rain won't matter.

GameSampras
03-28-2009, 04:23 PM
or maybe he should just play better than he did last year. Anyways, there will be a roof so rain won't matter.

Well then forget about it. If Nadal hits that zone like he did the 1st two sets at Wimbeldon Fed wont stand a chance. It will be a straight set thumping by Nadal

l_gonzalez
03-28-2009, 04:25 PM
Well then forget about it. If Nadal hits that zone like he did the 1st two sets at Wimbeldon Fed wont stand a chance. It will be a straight set thumping by Nadal

that's if nadal gets to the final... i'm betting on a resurgent Vincent Spadea taking him out in the 1st round!

icedevil0289
03-28-2009, 04:26 PM

Maybe, maybe not. We're just going to have to wait and see.

federerdomination
03-28-2009, 04:28 PM
If Fed had to choose between living 20 extra years or playing Wimbledon one more year, it is clear he would choose Wimbledon :)

tudwell
03-28-2009, 04:30 PM
He was in a two-set hole after the rain, too. It's not like he won those two sets on the X-Box in the locker room while the rain poured down outside.

DarthFed
03-28-2009, 05:01 PM
He played horrible the first 2 sets, was even up a break and gave it away, dumped 80 mph second serves into the net, after the rain delay his level upped and the lion was awakened

after losing those championship points nadals level dropped but the second rain delay revitalized the bull and it was even after that, Fed even had championships points himslef

ksbh
03-28-2009, 05:25 PM
You're wrong about that. I don't remember Federer having any championship points.

after losing those championship points nadals level dropped but the second rain delay revitalized the bull and it was even after that, Fed even had championships points himslef

gj011
03-28-2009, 05:51 PM
HELL NO!! He has a very good chance to take the wimbledon title back from Nadal this year.He should show up no matter what and try his best.

Nothing is more important than being there when your first child is born.

VivalaVida
03-28-2009, 05:55 PM
Nothing is more important than being there when your first child is born.
you make a very good point, gj011. Well, we will have wait and see how fed prioritizes this summer. Anyways, he might as well go be with mirka rather than at wimbledon because I sense a Rafa butt whooping for him this year as well :-?

Nadal_Freak
03-28-2009, 06:52 PM
Fed should definitely miss Wimbledon.

gj011
03-28-2009, 06:55 PM
you make a very good point, gj011. Well, we will have wait and see how fed prioritizes this summer. Anyways, he might as well go be with mirka rather than at wimbledon because I sense a Rafa butt whooping for him this year as well :-?

But also the due date might be later, end of July, early August, so he still might be able to do both.

Ronny
03-28-2009, 07:01 PM
hmmm although i want to see another fed nadal wimby final...i think the birth of ur first child might be a tad more important

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
03-28-2009, 07:05 PM
Well, considering the tennis schedule and being a career player of that calibre with a partner who travels with him most of the time, I would have thought they would have timed the approximate birth differently if the due date falls late June/early July during Wimbledon. But then of course, "summer" could include late July August and part of September also, and perhaps their child is due then.

Could have taken a page from the book of doubles teams Zimonijic/Nestor. Are they completely in synch or what? Both of their babies were born in December of 2008, very convenient for the slow time of the tennis schedule where they would have more time to be there.

veroniquem
03-28-2009, 07:32 PM
Fed never had any championship points in that match. Nadal had some (or was it just 1?) in the 4th set TB but failed to capitalize.

veroniquem
03-28-2009, 07:34 PM
Well, considering the tennis schedule and being a career player of that calibre with a partner who travels with him most of the time, I would have thought they would have timed the approximate birth differently if the due date falls late June/early July during Wimbledon. But then of course, "summer" could include late July August and part of September also, and perhaps their child is due then.

Could have taken a page from the book of doubles teams Zimonijic/Nestor. Are they completely in synch or what? Both of their babies were born in December of 2008, very convenient for the slow time of the tennis schedule where they would have more time to be there.
Maybe it was an accident... Anyway as a parent myself I can tell you nothing can override the birth of your first child, neither a slam nor an earthquake, nothing. It's pretty much the biggest, most moving, most significant event in one's life!

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
03-28-2009, 08:51 PM
Maybe it was an accident... Anyway as a parent myself I can tell you nothing can override the birth of your first child, neither a slam nor an earthquake, nothing. It's pretty much the biggest, most moving, most significant event in one's life!

That was my point, maybe it was an accident, such things happen, and as we say, "it is as it is". I am a parent also so yes, I know how the first birth can feel. My daughter being born was the most gorgeous thing I've ever experienced in life and wouldn't have missed it for anything in the world, even a Wimbledon title had I the ability to have competed there. Eleven years gone now and its still the best thing ever :) I was just commenting on the almost funniness which others had coordinated a timely birth, as it were.

danb
03-28-2009, 09:12 PM
Baby fed is due in the summer time. Mirka has said she wont be doing any flying around the time the baby is due, and im sure she wants to be home. What if they baby was due around Wimbledon. Would/should Fed miss it?

Yes, he should avoid another loss to Nadal. Time to retire. For real.

OliverSimon
03-28-2009, 09:26 PM
What Kind Of A Thread Is This?!

rubberduckies
03-29-2009, 02:14 AM
Do we even know baby Vavrinec's expected due date?

Baby Vavrinec might be due after Wimbledon. I don't see why Roger would want to miss the birth of his first child. He already has 13 slams - it's not like he already has 13 baby Vavrinec's.

mandy01
03-29-2009, 03:22 AM
I doubt he will.We dont know the due date.Summer is a huge span of time.As of now,I don't see him missing Wimbledon.