http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbSRRDQF7YQ&fmt=18

Why can't he play like this now =(

clayman2000
03-28-2009, 05:08 PM
sorry but this is the best Andy roddick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1VG8hPDcdQ

10sdude85
03-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Roddick sucks. Hes very fortunate he stays in the top 10 in the world by winning tier 2 & 3 tournaments.

clayman2000
03-28-2009, 05:27 PM
Roddick sucks. Hes very fortunate he stays in the top 10 in the world by winning tier 2 & 3 tournaments.

Same for Djokovic, Simon, delpotro, Davydenko
Yet roddick also made the final four of the the 2 top field events

Then there are guys like Blake who cant even win tier 3 events

GameSampras
03-28-2009, 05:29 PM
ohhh clayman LOL...:)

I didnt know Roddick had a "best." hes always been the same Roddick to me. LOL. JK

He never should have dumped Gilbert. Stupid move. I thought that was when roddick was at his best. His FH was a deadly weapon back then

helloworld
03-28-2009, 06:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbSRRDQF7YQ&fmt=18

Why can't he play like this now =(

So Roddick at his best lost to 34 year-old Agassi?? :confused:

MarrratSafin
03-28-2009, 06:09 PM
That was a great high quality match thanks for posting! Yeah Roddick was so good to watch back then!

EasleyTennis
03-28-2009, 09:05 PM
Roddick's forehand at 6:42 was ridiculous.

iamke55
03-28-2009, 09:08 PM
How can he be at his best when he's losing to an old man who could only win majors in a weak era and after Sampras retired? The best Roddick was the guy who beat Federer in Montreal, even if his first serve wasn't as good back then.

devila
03-28-2009, 11:23 PM
How can he be at his best when he's losing to an old man who could only win majors in a weak era and after Sampras retired? The best Roddick was the guy who beat Federer in Montreal, even if his first serve wasn't as good back then.
Sampras's way overrated. Joker Agassi was #1 because of Roddick's wrist injury from
the 5 hour Aussie Open quarterfinal; a horrible call made him lose the 3rd set.
And Sampras' win was his only
title (2002 USO) in over 2 years (Roddick had bad bone injury in ankle).
No, Roddick was the best in 2009 and part of April 2008 (before he neglected his fitness again).
He was in bad shape between 2003-8. He couldn't move at all to his backhand side, and served the same 135 mph topspin repeatedly
to Agassi, Nadal, Federer, Ferrer, Andreev, Safin, and even Hewitt.
Roddick kept hugging Agassi and expected Agassi to win 2005 Davis Cup.
He neglected himself because he listened to the US team and media
(look what happened to his fitness and hunger to work). Agassi showed up
for Davis Cup because he wanted practice for the US Open. He didn't care for Roddick, and said that Roddick would never return even 5 shots at the US Open.

RCizzle65
03-29-2009, 12:51 AM
I would say 2004 Wimbledon Final first set against Federer was his best, he was throwing bullets at him, that vid isn't up anymore though, it was on federermagic's account....

Arbartrator
03-29-2009, 12:58 AM
I would say 2004 Wimbledon Final first set against Federer was his best, he was throwing bullets at him, that vid isn't up anymore though, it was on federermagic's account....

Did he get suspened?

helloworld
03-29-2009, 01:04 AM

LOL, I can't believe people are desperate enough to find one set that Roddick played well and call it his best. Roddick's best was in 2003-2004 no doubt, but even with that form isn't going to be enough to beat Federer, current Nadal, and current Murray. No way. I'd even say 38 year-old Andre now can still spank him. :lol:

RCizzle65
03-29-2009, 01:15 AM
Did he get suspened?

Yeah, a shame

LOL, I can't believe people are desperate enough to find one set that Roddick played well and call it his best. Roddick's best was in 2003-2004 no doubt, but even with that form isn't going to be enough to beat Federer, current Nadal, and current Murray. No way. I'd even say 38 year-old Andre now can still spank him. :lol:

What's wrong with that, that set obviously is stuck in my mind since Roddick played outstanding, I didn't search youtube for clips desperately trying to find Roddick playing well. Roddick could have taken that Wimbledon title too, I'm not saying he would had there been no rain delay, I'm just saying he could have, but Federer pulled through of course.

devila
03-29-2009, 02:07 AM
Federer didn't need to pull through. He played a clown coached by another clown, who told Roddick to gain weight and serve 160 mph. This is not fiction. It's fact.
The truth is, Roddick improved at a relatively old age, and nobody wants to admit that he is faster now than he was in the year 2003. Brad Gilbert and John Roddick were also terrible coaches.

lilycolefan
03-29-2009, 07:25 AM
Same for Djokovic, Simon, delpotro, Davydenko
Yet roddick also made the final four of the the 2 top field events

Then there are guys like Blake who cant even win tier 3 events

No, Djokovic and Davydenko have at least won an AMS in the last year or so. Del Potro kicked Roddick's *** last time they played too.

devila
03-29-2009, 08:31 AM
He had severe back strain all year, fool. Del P acknowledged that on tv.

Staiger
03-29-2009, 09:44 AM
he need to flatten his forehand !

niktub
03-29-2009, 09:57 AM
Such a spoiled child.

rubberduckies
03-29-2009, 10:13 AM
He had severe back strain all year, fool. Del P acknowledged that on tv.

Back strain or not, if you lose to Del Potro, you really should retire.

GameSampras
03-29-2009, 10:18 AM
Roddick at his best.. is whining and insulting the umps.

Breaker
03-29-2009, 10:32 AM

At his best he was not as good as Hewitt, Safin, or 33-35 year old Agassi - fact.

clayman2000
03-29-2009, 10:34 AM
At his best he was better than everyone, even Federer. Correct me if i am wrong?

iriraz
03-29-2009, 10:37 AM
At his best he was better than everyone, even Federer. Correct me if i am wrong?

At what?Throwing racquets,swearing at umpires,abusing officials and funny press conferences.

tahiti
03-29-2009, 10:45 AM
At what?Throwing racquets,swearing at umpires,abusing officials and funny press conferences.

Dittoed! After listen to Roddick in his match and saying to the umpire "because you're sitting up there on your fat arse" because he wasn't happy with the delay after a few spletters of rain.

I don't care if Roddick gives away every penny he has or whatever good deeds he does from now on. For me he's just Big ears, Dumbo. What an embarrassment to the professionality of tennis.

clayman2000
03-29-2009, 10:46 AM

No, at winning big tournaments. Did he not win Montreal, Cincinati and USO all in a row. I don't think even Federer can claim that he won 2 Master Series and a GS event over 5 weeks

ESP#1
03-29-2009, 10:52 AM
Dittoed! After listen to Roddick in his match and saying to the umpire "because you're sitting up there on your fat arse" because he wasn't happy with the delay after a few spletters of rain.

I don't care if Roddick gives away every penny he has or whatever good deeds he does from now on. For me he's just Big ears, Dumbo. What an embarrassment to the professionality of tennis.

I agree, i am also upset at the ATP for not doing anything about, such behavior should not be tolerated, he also called him an a** *ole, he pulls a front when he knows he's on camera but he's really a jerk, if you read my old post i have always defended roddick after today i see why so many people on this forum can't stand him

ESP#1
03-29-2009, 10:53 AM
No, at winning big tournaments. Did he not win Montreal, Cincinati and USO all in a row. I don't think even Federer can claim that he won 2 Master Series and a GS event over 5 weeks

you cannot be serious:confused:

WHSTENNIS
03-29-2009, 10:56 AM
To be honest i think Roddick is starting to come back, he really impressed me this year last year.

RoddickAce
03-29-2009, 10:58 AM
Roddick-Ferrero US Open 2003
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMiW72pKNkc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uySTEi3osOg&feature=related

This is also Roddick's best, and I agree with GameSampras, why did he dump Gilbert?!?!?! And maybe had he went to Stefanki or Connors back then instead of of Dean Goldfine he might still have his forehand. Speaking of which, what happened to ferrero? He was the fast guy with the big forehand that could give anyone trouble, now I barely see him in the second week of tournaments...

tacou
03-29-2009, 11:37 AM

and making the semis of Australia and IW?

imalil2gangsta4u
03-29-2009, 11:42 AM
he need to flatten his forehand !

this......