PDA

View Full Version : Nadal is the Mike Tyson of Tennis

svijk
03-29-2009, 10:04 AM
Was watching Tyson's greatest hits on ESPN classic and the similarities are uncanny.....

The ferocious approach to the game, the suffocating aggression and fast pace and the resounding knock-out at the end. Both introduced a kind of brute force which was not part of the game before. Tyson's string of knockouts and Nadal's ruthless dominance on clay seem similar too.

Most opponents don't hope to win against them and usually fold after the early stages of a match. Is there a Buster Douglas around???

RoddickAce
03-29-2009, 10:08 AM
I was going to say that too, but I think Sampras is more like Tyson. Cuz sampras just keeps coming at you no matter what you do to him. You rip a return? He comes in. Next point, he comes in again. Just like how Tyson didn't really care what blows he would get, he'd still rush in and kcock you out.

rubberduckies
03-29-2009, 10:10 AM
Buster Douglas = Federer at 2007 Hamburg

GameSampras
03-29-2009, 10:10 AM
Does Nadal bite ears off too?

chiru
03-29-2009, 10:33 AM
Does Nadal bite ears off too?

do trophies count?

GameSampras
03-29-2009, 10:34 AM
QUOTE=chiru;3262870]do trophies count?[/QUOTE]

LOL. I suppose so.

Whats the deal with biting the trophy anyways

FD3S
03-29-2009, 10:36 AM
"I eat his children, no?"

That'd be pretty awesome.

Lsmkenpo
03-29-2009, 11:23 AM
Was watching Tyson's greatest hits on ESPN classic and the similarities are uncanny.....

The ferocious approach to the game, the suffocating aggression and fast pace and the resounding knock-out at the end. Both introduced a kind of brute force which was not part of the game before. Tyson's string of knockouts and Nadal's ruthless dominance on clay seem similar too.

Most opponents don't hope to win against them and usually fold after the early stages of a match. Is there a Buster Douglas around???

Suffocating aggression???? Fast Pace???? Give me a break, he plays one of the most defenses games on tour and by far the slowest pace of game on tour.

Posts like this start to turn me into a Nadal hater because they are full of misconceptions and other idiots will chime in agreeing, you dorks should start your own Nadal religion.

His best surface is the slowest, gee, wonder why?

Aggressive players seem to give him the most trouble, yet, you want to compare him to Mike Tyson. :confused:

vtmike
03-29-2009, 01:36 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Yeah sure you *******!

I would say Nadal is more like Mr. T from the Rocky movies :-P

bet
03-29-2009, 01:43 PM
The difference is that Tyson is the casual fan's champion. Wise boxing observers, even during Tyson's prime correctly suspected him overrated. He did indeed have amazing explosive power off both sides, however, he was protected and carefully managed due to his limited size and style. It was only a matter of time before a good, big man exposed him. I don't think Nadal has quite this kind of weakness. If there were, an equivalent it would be somebody like a Krajicek or Ivanisevic or Safin or Sampras who could actually bully little "Tyson" and neutralize him with subtle all-court boxing skills.

Joseph L. Barrow
03-29-2009, 02:52 PM
Tyson was mentally weak and unstable compared with other great champions; Nadal is just the opposite. Tyson was primarily a frontrunner who could become discouraged when he was seriously tested and who was prone to serious mental breakdowns if not very closely controlled (see his rematch with Holyfield, for example), and his style was of a "come out and overwhelm the guy with concentrated offense" variety.

I'd say Nadal is more like a Rocky Marciano; a guy with an awkward-looking, unorthodox style who is often poo-pooed by purists of his sport, but whose conditioning, endurance and mental strength are unmatched, combined with a deceptive effectiveness to the unusual style and an ability to grind more "artistic" opponents down, who has great difficulty winning critical acclaim from pundits and yet whose accomplishments ultimately cannot be denied.

Mansewerz
03-29-2009, 02:54 PM
So Nadal rapes women and tells people he'll f&%* them until they're his fa&&0t?

kungfusmkim
03-29-2009, 02:59 PM
OMG did Nadal bite Federer's ear off?

Nanshiki
03-29-2009, 03:08 PM
Nadal is a Cyberdyne T-800 Endoskeleton Terminator. He is ruthless, relentless, and nigh-invincible. He's a machine. He will beat you. And then he will go fishing.

veroniquem
03-29-2009, 04:12 PM
OMG did Nadal bite Federer's ear off?
No, he bites Federer's trophies instead :twisted:

TheNatural
03-29-2009, 04:18 PM
He tears them apart and leaves them crying to field questions from the media about when they will retire etc while he goes off to play Golf of Fishing.

Nadal is a Cyberdyne T-800 Endoskeleton Terminator. He is ruthless, relentless, and nigh-invincible. He's a machine. He will beat you. And then he will go fishing.

Hot Sauce
03-29-2009, 04:38 PM
Please do not compare boxing to tennis. And PLEASE do not compare Tyson to Nadal. It just doesn't work.

Rickson
03-29-2009, 04:43 PM
Wouldn't it be hilarious if Nadal wound up like Tyson too?

Joseph L. Barrow
03-29-2009, 05:15 PM
Wouldn't it be hilarious if Nadal wound up like Tyson too?
If ever they made a "13 most bizarre twists of fate" program or somesuch, that would make #1'.:lol:

tahiti
03-30-2009, 05:20 AM
No. Tyson is a bully and Nadal is a gentleman.

gj011
03-30-2009, 05:37 AM
Bad analogy. Nadal is nothing like Tyson.

Dedans Penthouse
03-30-2009, 05:59 AM
Wouldn't it be hilarious if Nadal wound up like Tyson too?Nah, Rafa's a good guy--ferocious competitor--who seems to have his head on straight.

Now wouldn't it be hillarious if "weepy Fed" would up like one of those sissy MMA wannabes? :razz:
http://www.fightforum.com/attachments/lobby/343d1181442035-funny-mma-annimated-gifs-richard.jpg

carlos djackal
03-30-2009, 06:05 AM
Gamewise Nadal is the IronMike of tennis.........

rich01
03-30-2009, 12:28 PM
That would be great if he bit feds ear too. I guess he sharpens his teeth on the trophies instead. I wonder if he flosses with big banger.

GameSampras
03-30-2009, 12:57 PM
Yes both are dominating a weak field. LOL. Tyson dominating old past their prime washed up boxers back in the 80s and Nadal demolishing a weak tennis field.

No Ali around to whoop on tyson. No sampras around to whoop on Nadal

kaiotic
03-30-2009, 02:11 PM
geesus, pls delete this thread!