PDA

View Full Version : hewitt vs ferrero close tussle

robbie_dademo
02-22-2004, 05:44 AM
hey i am a keen tennis fan/player from australia and dont get the privledge of seeing many overseas tornaments apart from the grand slams as free to air tv only covers the grand slams.

i am on livescore.com and hewitt lost first set 7-6 and its 3-3 in 2nd. looks like a great match.

cant wait to wake up in morning and see the coria moya result. im tipping moya in 3 what a match

Thunnus
02-22-2004, 06:52 AM
Wow, Hewitt beats Ferrero in 3. I really I wish I could have watched it!

PureCarlosMoyaDrive
02-22-2004, 09:23 AM
That match must have been amazing. Too bad that I didn't get to watch it, and too bad Ferrero couldn't pull it out. That would have been an amazing topping of the cake with a 3rd set tie-break win. He must have been really tired, but at least Ferrero showed us his little injuries aren't bothering him right now.

Also, looks like Hewitt is coming back to form I guess now.

Feņa14
02-22-2004, 10:49 AM
I watched the Ferrero Hewitt match on SkySports, it was amazing the rallies were fantastic, do you get feature length highlights in america?

thanks

Liam

PureCarlosMoyaDrive
02-22-2004, 10:52 AM
Liam, probably not. When the ATP tennis show comes out next week, then I think we'll get to see some highlights from the final, probably bout 7 points or hopefully more. Better than nothing at least.

pound cat
02-22-2004, 01:18 PM
Everyone could have watched it...it was on a very good live stream video on the Rotterdam site. It's too bad Hewitt's win is attributed to Ferrero's fatigue (again) (eurosport.com) Hewitt won by hanging and never letting go in the way he can, and gradually Ferrero's game slipped away. Simple. Good for Lleyton...I'm learing to become a fan of this terrier. (bulldog?) LOL

CBodom
02-22-2004, 01:45 PM
im personally tired of ferrero and the excuses when he loses..

pound cat
02-22-2004, 01:54 PM
Me too, CBoldom. He should to a doctor and get checked for CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) or take a block of time off if he's tired . Or get into better shape. If he intends to play it means he's fit to play. Period.

Verbal_Kint
02-22-2004, 02:13 PM
He did play three consecutive third tie-break matches before this one you know, three days in a row as well. That's probably more sets per day than you play during a Grand Slam event.. And he probably hasn't been able to do much condition work given his injury at the Aus Open.

Marnix

pound cat
02-22-2004, 02:41 PM
A lot more sets than I would play in a Grand Slam event, for sure.

PureCarlosMoyaDrive
02-22-2004, 05:37 PM
LOL pound, but ya, Ferrero always has some little nagging injuries. He may need to take a few more weeks off here and there than last year. He must have been tired though, playing all those long matches day after day. I hope he can keep it together though this year and play some more amazing matches. Besides Federer and Moya, he's like my favorite player to watch when he is on, that forehand-backhand combo is out of this world, specially when he's ripping that forehand.

Kevin Patrick
02-23-2004, 08:38 AM
Hey PureCarlos,
do you know when(& on what channel) the ATP Tennis Show airs?
thanks!

PureCarlosMoyaDrive
02-23-2004, 07:00 PM
Well for me it's on the tennis channel, and I just happen to catch it at random times normally. If you are lucky enough to have TTC like me, then check their website schedule. If you don't have TTC, well then, I don't know how you'll get it.