PDA

View Full Version : *Alert: Head LM Radical Tour Midplus

ferrari_827
03-08-2005, 07:46 AM
I was looking at the specs of this racket and it looks similar to the LM Prestige Midplus, except a bit stiffer and more head heavy. TW is selling this for $129 and it looks like a bargain, especially compared to the very expensive LM Prestige.

I think this racket has gone under the radar, but I know a good one when I see it. Any feedback on this racket from users ?

Thanks.

spinbalz
03-08-2005, 07:53 AM
I prefer LM Radical Tour over the LM Prestige MP, much bigger sweetspot, and more power, more stabilty for the Radical LM, the LM Radical also feels more solid at impact, specs are closes but still different and they don't feel so close to swing and during the ball impact. IMHO the LM Radical Tour is the best Head Racquet since the PC 600 and the Pro Tour 630.

ferrari_827
03-08-2005, 08:44 AM
Spinbalz, thanks alot. Time to whip out my credit card (!) I don't have a midplus head, so it's something that's missing from my collection.

ollinger
03-08-2005, 09:13 AM
Hmmmmm....a post recently about problems returning with 90 sq. in. racquets and now a post about needing to add a midplus to the collection. Hmmmmm.
________
Avandia Lawsuit Information (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/avandia/)

ferrari_827
03-08-2005, 09:25 AM
FYI, about half of my rackets are midpluses-Ti80, Ti70 long, Ti50, PS6.0 95. It's nothing new.

I alternate between midsize and midplus depending on the my physical and tennis condition. The Prestige Mids and PS6.0 85 take alot of concentration returning fast serves (100mph and over), but fine on slower serves (70-90s). The RDXmid actually feels more like a midplus on returns, but the Head Prestige Mids....ahem, one reason I'm wanting a Head midplus.

kbui
03-08-2005, 11:07 AM
Just saw this thread. LMP MP and LM Radical Tours are totally different. You'll notice it right away, the Tour feels very even balanced and noticeably heavier. I like this racquet alot, feels like it's got a huge sweetspot. Volleying is a blast. Also, it's not the racquet, it's the player. You can only improve with practice and more court time, simple as that.

Ash_Smith
03-08-2005, 01:10 PM
I've got three LM Rad Tours which I'll be needing to sell if you can hang on a week or so until I get my AeroPro's. I don't mind the Tours, they are great to volley with and a massive improvment over the i.Rad and standard LM Rad. But I have never really felt 100% comfortable with them so as my new contract is with Babolat I'll be looking to offload them if you're interested ferrari?

fantom
03-09-2005, 05:44 AM
Ash Smith, what grip size do you have?

jonas-the-ball-basher
03-23-2005, 02:33 PM
I prefer LM Radical Tour over the LM Prestige MP, much bigger sweetspot, and more power, more stabilty for the Radical LM, the LM Radical also feels more solid at impact, specs are closes but still different and they don't feel so close to swing and during the ball impact. IMHO the LM Radical Tour is the best Head Racquet since the PC 600 and the Pro Tour 630.

Does the Radical Tour have this solid 'twack' feel/sound like the Prestige Classic mid has?

And btw, aren't the Radical Tour and Prestige MP the same in stiffness?