PDA

View Full Version : Matchmate Graphite - Keep or sell ?

atatu
03-30-2009, 06:47 PM
I picked up a nice MM graphite today off craigslist very cheap. I don't really collect graphite frames, so I'm thinking of selling this one, but it is a bit unusual, any thoughts ?

plasma
03-30-2009, 07:04 PM
lots of thinking went into matchmate racquets, how big is the headsize? pics?

dlesser13
03-30-2009, 07:22 PM
thought about checking that one out, but was completely clueless to its value or collectivity.

atatu
03-30-2009, 07:29 PM
lots of thinking went into matchmate racquets, how big is the headsize? pics?

I'll get some pics up tomorrow, my wife took my mac out of town and this PC is a pain...

Deuce
03-30-2009, 08:42 PM
Matchmate Graphite - Keep or sell ?

Umm... Where's the option to 'USE'?
Should I assume that is what you mean by 'Keep'?

If so, then by all means, Keep.
Tennis racquets were made to be used to his tennis balls. That is their purpose.

pshulam
03-31-2009, 05:48 AM
I picked up a nice MM graphite today off craigslist very cheap. I don't really collect graphite frames, so I'm thinking of selling this one, but it is a bit unusual, any thoughts ?
What was your reason of buying it? If you were planning to play with it, keep it. If you thought you can resell it for more when you bought it, sell it.

vwfye
04-09-2009, 07:08 AM
i loved my matchmate racquets in college, but they were prone to breaking on the throats on big overheads. i think our team went through 10+ breakages in one season. they were a longer racquet before long racquets were in vogue.

plasma
04-09-2009, 07:37 AM
they also had some great theory behind them, Mitt Rocker...what ever happened to those???thay had such an extensive line....people on these bords have been known to Mitt-bash. I have lots of respect for the"rockers"...the rast movie or the racquet!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvLuuHhWDWc
plasma is the braided graphite horsemouth mutabaruka lion, rising through the smoke to crush your neocolonialist sweatshop "fantasies"..

look into the book of life (1984 professional stringers manual) and you will "see"......

vwfye
04-09-2009, 09:02 AM
Mitt went out of biz way back when... they were based out of spokane, wa. the racket (i found out later) was loosely based on the PS 6.1 95 as far as composite was concerned. I still play with this racket almost daily during my coaching season. if it ever breaks, i'm outta luck as i've only been able to find them in the 110 and i play the 97.

back to the MM. the company actually sponsored my college tennis team for 2 years as they had a daughter graduate from there. the following year, they produced a standard length white ceramic racquet as well, but most of us stuck to the graphite/glass composite. like i said, great stick, but did tend to break. i can think of only 1 time when 1 broke not on an overhead or serve... and that player was given a code violation for equipement abuse.