PDA

View Full Version : I miss Federer's serve

OJ ROD
03-31-2009, 08:48 AM
You know the one I'm talking about...when he was suddenly down 0-40 and he would hit three aces in a row, then a switch up that sets up the point, and the finishes with an unreturnable. I'm not particularly fond of Federer,(or Nadal for that matter) but he was the epitome of clutch back in the day. Nadal comes up with goods now, just in a different way, like absurd passing shot or get. And actually Federer use to do that to, just not from as far back as Nadal, and he would alternate between the clutch serves and other pressure shots. His mind is working, on what, is what I don't know.

EtePras
03-31-2009, 09:00 AM
It's funny to see that Nadal's serve has caught up to Federer's, yet the other way around is not true for Federer's backhand and forehand. Shows who works hard and who is a lazy rich snob.

Mansewerz
03-31-2009, 09:02 AM
It's funny to see that Nadal's serve has caught up to Federer's, yet the other way around is not true for Federer's backhand and forehand. Shows who works hard and who is a lazy rich snob.

Nadal's serve still isn't as good as Fed's.

icedevil0289
03-31-2009, 09:03 AM

Fed's forehand, despite being inconsistent lately, is still a huge weapon. There is a reason nadal and others try to avoid the federer forehand.

OJ ROD
03-31-2009, 09:07 AM

Nadal comes from money too you know.

GasquetGOAT
03-31-2009, 09:09 AM

This is just plainly disrespecting and insulting to Nadal. What are you implying that Federer is so much more talented than Nadal that had he worked as hard, Nadal would never actually catches up to Federer?

jelle v
03-31-2009, 09:11 AM
This is just plainly disrespecting and insulting to Nadal. What are you implying that Federer is so much more talented than Nadal that had he worked as hard, Nadal would never actually catches up to Federer?

It's insulting to both.. As if Federer would have gotten where he is now with al his results without putting hard work in it.. :rolleyes:

icedevil0289
03-31-2009, 09:12 AM
It's insulting to both.. As if Federer would have gotten where he is now with al his results without putting hard work in it.. :rolleyes:

I know. What does he think fed does in dubai? Shop all day?

RalphNYC
03-31-2009, 09:15 AM
Lazy rich snob. I like that, that's good.

vtmike
03-31-2009, 09:23 AM

So you think being a lazy rich snob is what got Fed 13 grandslams and kept him at num1 for 237 consecutive weeks?

And you think Nadal is from a poor family?

Why don't you achieve atleast a tenth of what Federer has achieved before spewing out sh*t from your ignorant mouth...You truly are ignorance personified!

helloworld
03-31-2009, 10:01 AM

Nadal's serve has already caught up with Federer's?? What universe is Nadal's serve even comparable to Fed's serve?? You're a moron. :mad:

NickC
03-31-2009, 10:14 AM

Nadal came from a lot more money than Federer. Remember, Nadal's family is one of the richest in Eastern Spain (according to a kid from Manacor who I played poker with on Sunday).