PDA

View Full Version : can a pro knock a racquet out of your hand?

LanEvo
03-31-2009, 04:00 PM
this is my question, i dont mean like fight or anything, i mean like in a match or rally with a pro, and ur playing the best you can as well, could a pro hit the ball hard enough to knock the racquet out of yout hands? either on serve or just backhands and forhands

Sephiroth619
03-31-2009, 04:07 PM
Really depends how good you are. I've played against so called "Ex-pros". They hit really REALLY hard but not hard enough to knock the racquet out of my hand.

sonicboi21
03-31-2009, 04:26 PM
maybe if roddick serves a 140 mph serve to you and it might knock it out. not sure, but thats my guess

bladepdb
03-31-2009, 04:27 PM
I don't see it knocking a racquet out of your hand unless you're a total newcomer to tennis. Anyone who's played for even a few months should be able to get the racquet on the ball without losing the racquet (never mind where the ball goes after you get the racquet on it lol).

tyler_durden
03-31-2009, 04:28 PM
never happened to me but i'm a decent tennis player. also I very rarely dont hit the sweetspot and I use a very heavy racquet.

but if you are lower level tennis player i can def see it happening. at this level balls are hit really hard and i wouldn't be surprised if a lower level player had trouble hitting the strings, causing the racquet to twist severely or maybe even fly out

LanEvo
03-31-2009, 04:29 PM
oh ok, i just wanted to know, because pros are so much better than recreational players, and just other players in general, and that questiosn been on my my mind, and i just wanted to ask, because i dont recall anyone ever asking this before

bluescreen
03-31-2009, 04:54 PM
i cant see it happening against anybody that has reasonable tennis experience. i kid on my hs team once got his racquet cracked by mishitting a return of serve. that didnt knock it out of his hand, and i doubt theres a reasonable chance of a pro knocking it out of someone's hand.

Woods09
03-31-2009, 06:08 PM
idk about knocking out but if i think anyone under a 4.0 tries hitting with nadal or fed on clay they are gonna loose their grip

TennisNinja
03-31-2009, 06:15 PM
Maybe with a huge Roddick serve or something similar. Otherwise, even with super fast shots it shouldn't be enough to rip it out of your hand.

RoddickAce
03-31-2009, 06:25 PM
If you're at net, and they drill a passing shot where you have to reach far to get it, then it's possible. I mean, even pros get their racquets knocked out of their hands in those situations.

T1000
03-31-2009, 06:29 PM
no, i hit with blake once at the baseline and i didnt have trouble holding the racquet

DarthFed
03-31-2009, 06:32 PM
too much prince of tennis? thats what this topic screams to me

Alafter
03-31-2009, 08:40 PM
too much prince of tennis? thats what this topic screams to me

LOL. EXACTLY.

LanEvo
04-08-2009, 04:37 PM
LOL. EXACTLY.

no, im just wondering, because everyone says a pro is so mcuh better than a regular person and how hard it is to be a pro, so im wondering like if a pro is really that much better at tennis and has that much power in their game, and also what is Prince of Tennis?

Bud
04-08-2009, 05:27 PM
no, im just wondering, because everyone says a pro is so mcuh better than a regular person and how hard it is to be a pro, so im wondering like if a pro is really that much better at tennis and has that much power in their game, and also what is Prince of Tennis?

Many club players can serve harder than the majority of pros hit their forehand/BH.

Remember, that when serving, the ball is starting from a neutral position. When you strike an incoming forehand, you have to counter the speed (force/momentum) of the incoming ball and then add additional force to return it.

I've seen pros FH speeds approach and exceed 100 MPH, occasionally... about the speed a (really) good club player can serve (on a consistent basis).

Patrick_St
04-08-2009, 05:38 PM
No, it would never happen. Unless you were like a 100 pound bone bag person using a super stiff racquet strung at over 75 lbs. Tennis balls have too much elasticity, along with the flex of the racquet, and the compression of the strings to be able to knock a racquet out of your hands. The force gets largely absorbed.

gj011
04-08-2009, 05:39 PM
No. 10 characters.

saram
04-08-2009, 05:48 PM
Nope--not going to happen.

FEDERER>buttpicker.
04-08-2009, 07:52 PM
federer could, no one else.

DunlopDood
04-08-2009, 11:31 PM
This is a dumb question, sorry! If a pro, or anyone can knock the racquet out of your hand you should quit tennis because you clearly don't know what you're doing.

ace-nelis
04-08-2009, 11:34 PM
Well a roddick serve that you hit on your frame could definetly fall out of your hand,, or at least sting for a while hahaha LOL