PDA

View Full Version : Exciting Matchups Ahead at Miami

klementine
03-31-2009, 06:45 PM
If Nadal wins tonight against Warwinka, we will have some exciting matchups tomorrow and the day after....head to head stats are given in paranthesis next to name in terms of wins against that particular opponent.... assuming Nadal gets by Warwinka tonight.

Roddick(2) vs. Federer(16)

Djokovic(1) vs. Tsonga(4)

Verdasco(1) vs. Murray(5)

Nadal(4) vs. Del Potro(0)

should be some good tennis coming up....

GameSampras
03-31-2009, 06:50 PM
If Nadal wins tonight against Warwinka, we will have some exciting matchups tomorrow and the day after....head to head stats are given in paranthesis next to name in terms of wins against that particular opponent.... assuming Nadal gets by Warwinka tonight.

Roddick(2) vs. Federer(16)

Djokovic(1) vs. Tsonga(4)

Verdasco(1) vs. Murray(5)

Nadal(4) vs. Del Potro(0)

should be some good tennis coming up....

Nadal-Del Potro? Nadal destroys Potro in pretty quick succession. Del Potro is completely overrated and definitely not ready for the big time and definitely not and "that level" yet he needs to reach to become a major player and threat to the top 4

Roddick- Fed? Notch up another win for Fed and make the h2h between these two look even more pathetic and lopsided. Roddick's game always gets exposed for the gaping holes in it which Fed exploits to its utmost

Verdasco Murray? This could be a great match and a great battle. Both are playing some good tennis. Tough to say who wins but it could go right down to the wire.

Djoker-Tsonga? Djoker is finally beginning to play some good tennis it seems. He is definitely picking it up. I favor djoker in 3 here.

klementine
03-31-2009, 06:59 PM
That 0 next to Del Potro's name is scary, you always wonder when he will fill in it... even though I agree with you.. he is not ready.

I think Roddick takes Federer this time... Roddick is definately in better shape and Roger just doesn't look happy-- a mid-life tennis crisis?

The other two matches? What can we say, should be fun.. Although a big part of me wishes Stepanek would've have squeaked through.

T1000
03-31-2009, 07:45 PM
i see tsonga and verdasco winning with fed and nadal

RCizzle65
03-31-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm saying Federer, Tsonga, Murray, and Nadal. I don't even have to explain the first one, Tsonga has been owning Djokovic ever since the AO final, Murray is probably in better shape right now (meaning Verdasco isn't as godly as he was in the AO, he is still in great form), and Nadal the obvious favorite, Del Portro never beating him, and Nadal just too good right now.

Nadal_Freak
03-31-2009, 10:11 PM
Spoiler alert.

deltox
03-31-2009, 10:11 PM
i gotta take a few underdogs

ill take

Roddick

Djokovic

Murray

Del Potro(0) hes a bout due to fill in the zero as someone said before. might not be now, but hes playing really well this week in spurts

deltox
03-31-2009, 10:12 PM
double clicked

ruerooo
03-31-2009, 10:16 PM
Del Potro(0) hes a bout due to fill in the zero as someone said before. might not be now, but hes playing really well this week in spurts

Seconded. I don't think it's now, but isn't he only 20? Rafa had a 0 next to his H2H against Nalby once upon a time, and JMDP has been playing some good aggressive tennis this week.

Nadal_Freak
03-31-2009, 10:17 PM
I'm going with Federer, Djokovic, Murray, and Nadal. Final will be Djokovic and Nadal.

EtePras
03-31-2009, 10:32 PM
The strength of the top 10 players today is just ridiculous. Wow, every match will produce amazing tennis, unless Roddick somehow fails.

Blinkism
03-31-2009, 10:32 PM
I'm going with Federer, Djokovic, Murray, and Nadal. Final will be Djokovic and Nadal.

Gotta love seeing the Big 4 match-up in the semi's of a tourney, eh?

This would be a repeat of US 2008. Anybody know of any other tourney's featuring the Top 4 in the semi's?

seffina
03-31-2009, 10:34 PM
Murray wasn't ranked number four at the US Open. He was still number six at that point. IIRC.

tudwell
03-31-2009, 10:34 PM
i see tsonga and verdasco winning with fed and nadal

For the sake of my racquet bracket, I hope you're right!!

Blinkism
03-31-2009, 10:35 PM
Murray wasn't ranked number four at the US Open. He was still number six at that point. IIRC.

Ok, yes you're right technically... I meant when, other than the USO, did we see Nadal, Murray, Djokovic, and Federer in the semi's regardless of their seeding.

Too bad Davydenko's out for this part of the season, he'd love to be in on some of this action!

atac
03-31-2009, 10:47 PM
Nah! Nah! Nah! You're suppose to put this in the SPOILER SECTION!!! Last time I made a thread like this everyone got all butt hurt, and yet no one says anything this time??

Leublu tennis
04-01-2009, 01:02 AM
Nadal-Del Potro? Nadal destroys Potro in pretty quick succession.I wouldn't write him off quite that easily. Of the 4 wins Nadal has, three were in 2007 when Del Potro was #63 or something like that. He is playing well at Miami; better than at IW.

Del Potro is completely overrated and definitely not ready for the big time and definitely not and "that level" yet he needs to reach to become a major player and threat to the top 4 He is rated exactly as he should be. #6 in the world and will become #5 ahead of Rohdick on Monday.

Djoker-Tsonga? Djoker is finally beginning to play some good tennis it seems. He is definitely picking it up. I favor djoker in 3 here. I agree.

klementine
04-02-2009, 05:10 PM
There's the (1) next to Del Potro's name.