PDA

View Full Version : phenomenology of racquet collecting (the ethics of braided carbon)

plasma
03-31-2009, 08:40 PM
our brains are programmed for self-destruction. Money, more stuff, temptation, sabotage, overpriced un-necessary belongings and insecurities. Can one ever achieve true happiness centering and love without the$e things?
http://i43.tinypic.com/34dsb2b.jpg
We work to live, locked into our painful subconscious past, programmed to attain material, more than to effect change...there's some part of our ancestry that we won't let go of, though. Understanding the past and not being able to let it go we seek friendship, companionship loyalty and truth; through braided graphite.
http://i42.tinypic.com/2m4yu0y.jpg
A smaller thinner midsize provides a nurturing glimmer of hope in in an otherwise phony world. The constant beam represents a simpler time, an end to our worries, and liberation from the homogenous false grid. Emotions create subconscious memories and reflections of great pain and trauma; often transcendental awareness can only be realized through use of a thin beam, slightly flexible classic 80's mid, which defies what convention tells us is good in favor of a simpler more pure truth ( a sublime Hegelian paradigm as opposed to the popular Machiavellian dogmatic precepts).
http://i44.tinypic.com/2mdghzn.jpg
Maybe if Anna Kournikova and I made love all day and stayed in bed naked to protest the war and the discontinuation of the prostaff!, (equally horrific acts of global terror!) then maybe some of you would take notice!?!!! I'll do it by golly; I'll do it for us all!

jimbo333
04-01-2009, 02:46 AM
Yeah do it for all of us:):)

But just before you do, what on Earth is that top frame? Looks like a strange grey White Star shaped Mid Kneissl???

origmarm
04-01-2009, 02:50 AM
You're a poet and you know it :)....

Good thread!

retrowagen
04-01-2009, 04:17 PM
what on Earth is that top frame? Looks like a strange grey White Star shaped Mid Kneissl???

Kneissl Pro 25. Same mold as the Masters 25. 86 sq-in head. Flexy. Marketed towards recreational players. Available 1986-1987.

jimbo333
04-02-2009, 09:04 AM
Kneissl Pro 25. Same mold as the Masters 25. 86 sq-in head. Flexy. Marketed towards recreational players. Available 1986-1987.

I'm sure I've also seen a pink and also a white version, which both looked almost identical. Definitely had same graphics, any ideas?

retrowagen
04-02-2009, 11:14 AM

I'm sure I've also seen a pink and also a white version, which both looked almost identical. Definitely had same graphics, any ideas?

The Pro 25 was available in the grey and pink colorways simultaneously. And in a shorter length as a junior frame (the white version, IIRC).

Kneissl was rather nuts about the colors of their frames. After their white composite frame revolution caught on with the mainstream, mad colors were the only place to go. Their Magic Freak model of magnesium racket was available in five different pastel color combinations circa 1985-1987. Just pick the best one to match your frosted hair! [cue Miami Vice theme]

plasma
04-04-2009, 06:57 AM
I don't know that I'd bag their colors. I'd put my undergrad degree in art on the fact that those pastel kneissls were amongst the most beautiful things ever created in the history of our universe. There is ugly neon pastel loud color, like a bad Agassi/Miami vice nightmare, but these pastels were superb...truly subtle, rare, rich and beautiful.
What's ugly is how their Austrian fallafels shrunk overnight. All of a sudden no more monoshafts from kneissl or fischer, the rossignol throat bridge corrected its inversion, Puma, Adidas, Le Coq and all other original companies ran from the market at light speed. the fall of mankind and the complete erosion of original thought or experience was destined to soon follow!!!

gymrat76
04-06-2009, 03:50 PM
LMAO we need to put 'em lines in a sticky here for newbies entering into world of classic racqs section LOL BEAUTIFULLY THOUGHT....
You make me feel old now, Dan! :)

A smaller thinner midsize provides a nurturing glimmer of hope in in an otherwise phony world. The constant beam represents a simpler time, an end to our worries, and liberation from the homogenous false grid. Emotions create subconscious memories and reflections of great pain and trauma; often transcendental awareness can only be realized through use of a thin beam, slightly flexible classic 80's mid, which defies what convention tells us is good in favor of a simpler more pure truth

JT_2eighty
04-30-2009, 08:52 AM
These pics are great!

our brains are programmed for self-destruction. Money, more stuff, temptation, sabotage, overpriced un-necessary belongings and insecurities. Can one ever achieve true happiness centering and love without the$e things?
http://i43.tinypic.com/34dsb2b.jpg
We work to live, locked into our painful subconscious past, programmed to attain material, more than to effect change...there's some part of our ancestry that we won't let go of, though. Understanding the past and not being able to let it go we seek friendship, companionship loyalty and truth; through braided graphite.
http://i42.tinypic.com/2m4yu0y.jpg
A smaller thinner midsize provides a nurturing glimmer of hope in in an otherwise phony world. The constant beam represents a simpler time, an end to our worries, and liberation from the homogenous false grid. Emotions create subconscious memories and reflections of great pain and trauma; often transcendental awareness can only be realized through use of a thin beam, slightly flexible classic 80's mid, which defies what convention tells us is good in favor of a simpler more pure truth ( a sublime Hegelian paradigm as opposed to the popular Machiavellian dogmatic precepts).
http://i44.tinypic.com/2mdghzn.jpg
Maybe if Anna Kournikova and I made love all day and stayed in bed naked to protest the war and the discontinuation of the prostaff!, (equally horrific acts of global terror!) then maybe some of you would take notice!?!!! I'll do it by golly; I'll do it for us all!

I saw the word phenomonology (I'm a sucker for philosophical musings) and had to see how this was put in the context of tennis racquets. Well said! If you don't mind I will use your words in my sig to spread the word about the sublation that defines racquet technology. The classic feel of "outdated" racquet technology truly is both preserved and destroyed in the technology of today. How sublime indeed! I wonder if Hegel or Nietzsche ever played tennis?

"We work to live, locked into our painful subconscious past, programmed to attain material, more than to effect change...there's some part of our ancestry that we won't let go of, though. Understanding the past and not being able to let it go we seek friendship, companionship loyalty and truth; through braided graphite... Emotions create subconscious memories and reflections of great pain and trauma; often transcendental awareness can only be realized through use of a thin beam, slightly flexible classic 80's mid" - plasma, racquet philosopher of tw ;)

plasma
04-30-2009, 09:07 AM
Machiavelli would beat them both, they love him but they're also scared...