PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Celeb Sighting on AA202

West Coast Ace
04-01-2009, 03:26 AM
Flew to Lima via Miami last Friday. As I'm walking down the aisle, I see a guy who's going to be sitting next to my seat putting his tennis racket in the bin. So I sit down and ask him about the racket. He says he's going to cover the tournament. Turns out it's Doug Adler who does the commentary on Tennis Channel! Great guy - had some great stories about his days playing the tour - and about the current tour.

pound cat
04-01-2009, 04:44 AM
Flew to Lima via Miami last Friday. As I'm walking down the aisle, I see a guy who's going to be sitting next to my seat putting his tennis racket in the bin. So I sit down and ask him about the racket. He says he's going to cover the tournament. Turns out it's Doug Adler who does the commentary on Tennis Channel! Great guy - had some great stories about his days playing the tour - and about the current tour.

OK..don't leave us hanging. What are some of the geat stories about his days on the tour and the presemt tour?

Josherer
04-01-2009, 05:03 AM
Yeah! Quite interested

West Coast Ace
04-01-2009, 06:20 AM
OK..don't leave us hanging. What are some of the geat stories about his days on the tour and the presemt tour?A certain top player (male) with the initials 'ND' from a small EU country is as much of a jerk as most of us on this board think.

Sworn to secrecy on the other stuff... blood oath... :)

jrod
04-01-2009, 06:28 AM
I like Doug Adler's style. For the most part, it's on target and understated. Refreshing when contrasted against the personalities who offer very little substance.

As far as you being "sworn to secrecy", I'm not buying it so give it up mate! The tidbit about ND is a well established fact. Let's here something interesting instead....

gj011
04-01-2009, 07:09 AM
Why I knew this is going to turn to another Novak bashing thread.

"Sworn to secrecy", yeah right. Why do people have a need to come up with ridiculous stories like this one.

Yes I also saw Bud Collins on the plane recently and he told me that certain player with initials RF from another small European country is even bigger jerk.
And also certain player with initials AR from big non EU country is the biggest jerk of them all.

Atown
04-01-2009, 07:13 AM
A certain top player (male) with the initials 'ND' from a small EU country

BTW, Serbia is NOT an EU country:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accession_of_Serbia_to_the_European_Union

T1000
04-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Why I knew this is going to turn to another Novak bashing thread.

"Sworn to secrecy", yeah right. Why do people have a need to come up with ridiculous stories like this one.

Yes I also saw Bud Collins on the plane recently and he told me that certain player with initials RF from another small European country is even bigger jerk.
And also certain player with initials AR from big non EU country is the biggest jerk of them all.

Is a certain somebody, RN, a jerk too?

sureshs
04-01-2009, 10:10 AM
Is Doug Adler really a "tennis celebrity"?