PDA

View Full Version : If federer had to win 1 slam this year, French or Wimby?

R.Federer
04-01-2009, 09:11 PM
what do you guys would you pick for federer to win a 1st french open or another wimby that he loves dearly?

Tennis_Maestro
04-01-2009, 09:14 PM
Silly question, no?

Surely its a no brainer for most fans to answer the French Open as that would place him amongst the very elite of the game. (Not that he already isn't) but it would cement his status.

R.Federer
do you think tho federer would take a french instead of a wimby tho im not sure

icedevil0289
Hmm, normally I would say the french hands down. I might be in the minority, but I feel like he wants wimbledon back more. That's just how I feel based on the way he talks. He said getting back wimbledon was no.1 priority this year.Then again, I'm sure he would be over the moon if he won the french. In a roger type answer, " I don't want to answer these stupid questions anymore. I want to win everything." Hehe.

Mansewerz
04-01-2009, 09:15 PM
Easily the French. It would be great to win any slam though.

SourStraws
04-01-2009, 09:18 PM
Wimbledon, hands down!

S.S.

breadstick
04-01-2009, 09:21 PM
Personally I want Fed to win the French. I think the reason why he said his no.1 priority is to get Wimby is because he knows he has no chance (or a much smaller chance) at the French.

icedevil0289
04-01-2009, 09:26 PM
Personally I want Fed to win the French. I think the reason why he said his no.1 priority is to get Wimby is because he knows he has no chance (or a much smaller chance) at the French.

That's true but I just have the feeling he would want to win wimbledon again. Well like I said his answer would be, "I want to win everything." I believe someone already asked this question before after the FO loss. Something like if a little fairy came and you could only win one slam, the FO or wimbledon and he was like "I don't want to answer these stupid questions anymore. I want to win everything." Something like that.

Tennis_Maestro
04-01-2009, 09:29 PM

Yup.......:)

tudwell
04-01-2009, 09:34 PM
If, by some sort of malicious intervention from the divinities, Federer only manages to win one slam this year, I hope it's Wimbledon. But in all likelihood he'll sweep the remaining three.

Josherer
04-01-2009, 09:35 PM
I Think French.

Remeber Federer grew up on clay courts and when he was young surely he would have dreamed of winning the french and the fact that he hasn't been able to must hurt.

icedevil0289
04-01-2009, 09:37 PM
If, by some sort of malicious intervention from the divinities, Federer only manages to win one slam this year, I hope it's Wimbledon. But in all likelihood he'll sweep the remaining three.

Eh don't know about that but I agree with wanting his only slam to be wimbledon. I remember roger used to say that normally is only goal is playing well and winning wimbledon. If he wins wimbledon he considers it a good year. It means a lot to him so Im still sticking with wimbledon over the french.

Mansewerz
04-01-2009, 09:55 PM
I want Federer to win the french because it would probably rip Rafa's heart out to lose his baby, just like what Rafa did to Federer.

tudwell
04-01-2009, 10:02 PM
I want Federer to win the french because it would probably rip Rafa's heart out to lose his baby, just like what Rafa did to Federer.

And Borg would probably strain his back doing flips in celebration.

Mansewerz
04-01-2009, 10:03 PM
And Borg would probably strain his back doing flips in celebration.

Oh that too. I don't want anyone to get hurt. I don't want Rafa's heart to literally be ripped out. But I want to see Federer succeed, and one major way is to capture the French.

BlahDow
04-01-2009, 10:37 PM
I'd prefer him win the French...that would be enough for me to consider him the GOAT

caulcano
04-02-2009, 05:38 AM
what do you guys would you pick for federer to win a 1st french open or another wimby that he loves dearly?

French, to complete the career grand slam.

P_Agony
04-02-2009, 06:20 AM
I actually think He'd choose the US Open over both the FO and Wimbly. The reason? he has a chance to make it 6 in a row, a chance he had at Wimbly and didn't do it.

vtmike
04-02-2009, 06:27 AM
I actually think He'd choose the US Open over both the FO and Wimbly. The reason? he has a chance to make it 6 in a row, a chance he had at Wimbly and didn't do it.

Hmm good point...but I think he might prefer French to return the favor & stop Nadal from breaking Borgs record

P_Agony
04-02-2009, 06:32 AM
Hmm good point...but I think he might prefer French to return the favor & stop Nadal from breaking Borgs record

If I was Federer I would prefer the US Open, as it's a chance to break a record myself. I don't think he should be in the buisness of revenge. Instead he should focus on his own results, and not chase Rafa's records. I don't think he can beat Rafa at the RG anyhow. He had his big chance in 2007, came with a lot of momentum, played well, took a set, and then couldn't convert BPs at all. Today's Federer would not be able to hang with Nadal at RG.

gj011
04-02-2009, 06:35 AM

This just shows how miserable creature you are. It is not about stopping somebody else's records or sticking it to your rivals or getting revenge like this. It is about getting your own.

vtmike
04-02-2009, 07:20 AM
This just shows how miserable creature you are. It is not about stopping somebody else's records or sticking it to your rivals or getting revenge like this. It is about getting your own.

So Nadal did not want to stop Federer from winning the wimbledon title when he beat him last year?? Djokovic did not want to stop Federer from winning the AO last year?? Using your logic Djokovic is a miserable creature too...because this is what he said before before their AO-meeting 2007:"I have only three words for him. He is going down."

You are just getting more and more frustrated...your frustration from the other thread has carried over into this one...you need to get out of you angry fit and use your brain for once

Gen
04-02-2009, 07:33 AM
He won't win any slam this year to say nothing about RG or WImbledon.

DarthFed
04-02-2009, 07:38 AM
He won't win any slam this year to say nothing about RG or WImbledon.

shut up....>_>

Anyways, he can't win RG unless nadal isn't in the final (assuming fed makes it there) that his his only chance, that freak of nature will possibly have an even better RG than last year

gj011
04-02-2009, 07:40 AM
So Nadal did not want to stop Federer from winning the wimbledon title when he beat him last year?? Djokovic did not want to stop Federer from winning the AO last year?? Using your logic Djokovic is a miserable creature too...because this is what he said before before their AO-meeting 2007:"I have only three words for him. He is going down."

You are just getting more and more frustrated...your frustration from the other thread has carried over into this one...you need to get out of you angry fit and use your brain for once

This is completely different. Nadal wanted the title for himself, not to take title from Federer.
You are talking about Federer wanting to win FO only to stop Nadal from breaking third person's (Borg's) record. That makes no sense and could be fabricated only by someone quite miserable.

Also that statement from Djokovic from AO 2007 was said as a joke. Go and actually watch an interview before making conclusions. He was ranked about 15 then and never made it to GS SF or won any big title. He was joking since Federer was clear favorite at that time.

Gen
04-02-2009, 07:45 AM
shut up....>_>

Anyways, he can't win RG unless nadal isn't in the final (assuming fed makes it there) that his his only chance, that freak of nature will possibly have an even better RG than last year

Vow! And in another thread *******s were calling themselves "classy" and asking whether there were any trolls in their gang. I'll remember your nick to use as an example.

vtmike
04-02-2009, 08:01 AM
This is completely different. Nadal wanted the title for himself, not to take title from Federer.
You are talking about Federer wanting to win FO only to stop Nadal from breaking third person's (Borg's) record. That makes no sense and could be fabricated only by someone quite miserable.

Also that statement from Djokovic from AO 2007 was said as a joke. Go and actually watch an interview before making conclusions. He was ranked about 15 then and never made it to GS SF or won any big title. He was joking since Federer was clear favorite at that time.

and how do you know Nadal wanted it only for himself and did not want to stop Fed from winning wimbledon? do you know him personally?

again your constant personal attacks shows what a miserable and pathetic troll you are...

So Djokovic's statements are always out of good humor and Fed's are always filled with arrogance...and you call everyone else a hypocrite... :roll:

DarthFed
04-02-2009, 08:15 AM
Vow! And in another thread *******s were calling themselves "classy" and asking whether there were any trolls in their gang. I'll remember your nick to use as an example.

Be my guest...im just so tired of all this crap that i feel a simple "shut up" should suffice

there were no expletives in my posts, that would have been an indicative that i really cared...but it's become so routinely monotonous that all i need to say is "shut up"

tudwell
04-02-2009, 08:22 AM
I don't think six in a row at the U.S. Open is that big a deal. Five in a row is already a record (in the open era). The six in a row at Wimbledon was huge because it would have put him over Borg in some area (and put him only one Wimby behind Sampras) - further solidifying him as one of the greatest. I think Wimbledon 2008 will always be the biggest loss of his entire career.

P_Agony
04-02-2009, 08:39 AM

A "shut up" might not be an appropriate reply, but when he replied to you, you were trolling. You came to ruin a discussion with a very specific question that begins with "IF". When you come to annoy him and say Federer won't win anything, don't be surprised with a reply like his.